The Division 2

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The worst for me is people with shitty headsets AND their fucking settings are too sensitive so it's always fucking on. So in addition to their breathing and shit I get to hear this constant brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Second worst is idiots who use desk mics, so I get to hear everything twice.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well im on PC and ill pretty much spend my evenings and nights there for a while at least. Look me up I think its Sheisty_One

I think my kid is playing this too, ro so he says, but hes whishy washy like that. But I think his name is Shefskii.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I will likely play PC since that is where friends will be, but XB1X is tempting for comfort.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll be on PC too, but we'll have a group of 4.

Not sure if it'll be like an MMO where if I do stuff without them, I outlevel them and it makes it not fun for anyone.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
From reading a bit and playing beta, I guess your world does not update if you do shit in another persons world. Meaning, lets say you group up with your buddy sam, and you enter sams world (he is group leader). You do a few of the control points, you also give some items to the contol point bosss to upgrade them, whatever. Then sam leaves, you go back to your own game world, and none of that shit carries over.

So I think what makes sense is to do missions and stongholds in group, but solo most of the other shit in your world.

At least thats my understanding of it.

There is also a reddit post about this. Person was asking about this, why his shit was not the same as in his buddies world.

Also the way levels work in this game, is that you are normalized to the highest person in your group. So lets say you are lv 2 and your buddy is lv10, you decide to do a mission with him, so you are leveled up to 10, and the mission is lv10 mission. I think the loot dropped is still to your level though, so you will be getting lv2-3 loot while he gets lv 10-11 loot, and so on.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Fuck, even my kid gets on my nerves in discord. But at least I can walk over to him and smack him to reset.

It's the modern version of a dad grumpily getting up out of his recliner to smack the CRT television to cut down the static.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Oof.

D1KclwPXQAAgQk9

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Lol, fucking what. God damn back in my day games came on these

IMG_2568.JPG

Also, get off my lawn!!!

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One of the things slowly pushing me toward digital is that Blu-ray drives are so slow that I can download a game faster than the physical version copies over the data.

Does seem weird that the physical PS4 version makes it sound like you download ~90GB anyway though...
Edit: NM, that thing above is wrong. The real PS4 info is:
PS4: If you purchased a physical copy of the game, begin installing from the disc. Provided you are online, your console will simultaneously download Title Update 1 while you install it. Expect a 48-52 GB download, depending on your region and preferred language. Whether installed from a disc or downloaded digitally, the final HDD install size, including the patch will be between 90-100 GB.

Last edited:

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
One of the things slowly pushing me toward digital is that Blu-ray drives are so slow that I can download a game faster than the physical version copies over the data.

Does seem weird that the physical PS4 version makes it sound like you download ~90GB anyway though...
I didn't time my Division 2 dl from PSN but it took fucking forever. (also it was only the 48GB not sure what's changing for live but thats bullshit) I've always thought my provider was lying about my 200 Mbps up/down because I can't get that with speed tests but I just downloaded both RE2 and DMC5 from steam and I was getting my full ~26MBs the entire time.

Needless to say, if it was always that fast then I wouldn't really give a shit about the size of the downloads but I've only got so much space open on my ps4 and it downloads so slowly most of the time I hate deleting anything.

Vorph

PSN used to be terrible, but in the last year or so I've been getting much closer to my actual bandwidth (~450Mbps). It's still a bit slower than Steam or Easynews, but it used to be 10-20x slower so I don't complain too much.

For comparison, ~50GB games on Blu-ray can take nearly an hour to copy over.

Last edited:

Vorph

That deal doesn't even make any damn sense at all. Ubisoft has Uplay, if they wanted to make it exclusive why didn't they just go the EA / ActiBlizz / Bethesda route?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
That deal doesn't even make any damn sense at all. Ubisoft has Uplay, if they wanted to make it exclusive why didn't they just go the EA / ActiBlizz / Bethesda route?

Epic's idea of competition seems to be buying their way into the exact opposite of it, so I'm assuming this is another case of it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone ordering the Gold edition or ultimate for early access? Or standard for Friday?

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Anyone ordering the Gold edition or ultimate for early access? Or standard for Friday?

If AMD Rewards somehow comes through early, I might upgrade to gold. Doubtful that will happen though.

• 1Solidarity