The Division 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PS4 / Vorph-

No interest in upgrading my pc again until 1440uw 120+Hz and HDR that actually meets HDR10 or better specs (and Windows 10 stops breaking it) becomes reasonably priced. The recent wave of Epic faggotry convinced me to divert pc budget to a new surround setup for the consoles too.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
It states that clans have a tag of exactly 3 capitalized letters.....so FOH would be the obvious choice.

Crone

I'm waffling on this one, because all the content in the world won't matter if it's just plain boring as fuck. It's more of that level scaling, where you get bad ass shit, but it doesn't really matter, because everything around you just keeps getting harder right along with you getting more bad ass. :(

Has there been anything said about team roles in dungeons? I know there are the classes, and that's like a "role" , but was curious for those that have done the end game stuff how that all works out. Like team work is pretty important? If you matchmake, you gonna get like all snipers, and never any of the other dudes?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I don't know about the level scaling. I had a blue 2.7k damage bolt action sniper rifle that one hit body shot killed normal guys, one hit head shot killed purple guys, and three hit killed yellows. It's slightly different than Division 1 in that regard I think. At least up until level 8...

Crone

Fires of Heaven Diccbois and Operators
FOHDO

PC master race.
PC for me
Eh, I'm pc but I can't poopsock at all.
You have some PC dudes to play with bruh!

I'm PC as well, but I'm not sure anyone that has posted is going super ham like you are. I'm in a gaming group, spurred from a streamer, and they migrate pretty well between Destiny, Anthem, Div1, Div2, Diablo, etc. Will probably hook in with them if I end up getting this one.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Bounties

Bounties are the new and improved iteration of the High Value Target system that was available in The Division. At their core, bounties put a price on the heads of enemy bosses to reward Agents for eliminating hostile threats to the city. Washington, D.C. is anything but safe, and it is the responsibility of Division Agents to keep these ringleaders off the streets.

A new addition to the system is that, in addition to hand-crafted bounties, many bounties are procedurally generated. These bosses have been busy building their own agenda, which includes eliminating Division Agents like yourself. As a result, they may also have access to SHD Tech and all the abilities that come alongside it. As an example, a Hyena boss may utilize armor kits or Striker Drones in combat. Each side mission and locations all over Washington D.C have been designed to support exciting battles with a variety of enemies. Each time a player chooses to track a boss, that boss selects a location fitting to the abilities of the squad that accompanies them.

The combinations of encounters are endless if you partake in the system!

As bounties increase in difficulty, the leaders will be accompanied by larger and more well-equipped squads and can even roll deep with additional bosses!

You can earn bounties through a variety of sources:

• Named zone liberation projects as you progress through the main campaign. Defeat the leaders of the factions in the neighborhoods of D.C. to truly liberate them.
  • Base of Operations Staff Member Otis Sikes offers bounties that require Target Intel currency to begin. There are also specific Perks you can unlock to increase the number of bounties you receive from Otis that scale in difficulty.
  • Clans of certain ranks also unlock perks that add weekly bounties for all members.
  • The Snitch, a mysterious information broker, offers bounties to any agent who can find him. It's his "civic duty", after all.

Upon reaching the end game, you will gain access to the Priority Target Network—a progression tree of weekly bounties which tell the continuing story of D.C.. Completing these bounties progresses you through the tree up to a final, Heroic Bounty that delivers the best rewards upon completion. These bounties each cost Target Intel and will be one of the many evolving challenges available in The Division 2. Remember that progress through the Priority Target Network resets weekly, so you have to eliminate as many bosses as you can within the allotted period!

We are also happy to announce that players will retain failed bounties in order to give the challenge another go, but be careful – these targets may relocate and will bring in fresh help to defend themselves!

02_ambush_960_345395.jpg

Projects

Projects take the Assignments system from The Division and rework them into a feature that emphasizes the dynamic nature of the open world. Earned early on in the leveling experience, Projects are calls-to-action by Settlement Leaders and the Division Coordinator as you explore D.C. The settlements have needs and goals they cannot meet without your help, and they will definitely make it worth your while! There are a variety of Projects available in The Division 2:

• Settlement—During the campaign, settlement projects will demand water, food, components, and gear donations to make Settlements more efficient and secure. In End-game, Daily/Weekly Settlement Projects reflect their rising ambition. Outfit strike teams to flush out enemy factions, clear named zones of enemies, or even spread good cheer by emoting with other players!
  • Safe House—these Named Zone Liberation Projects continue the activities of the Agents who came before you. Capture and resupply control points, disrupt hostile activities, and locate hidden SHD caches in order to flush out the faction leaders hiding in the zone.
  • End-Game Priority Missions—Daily Projects that require the completion of Hard and Challenging missions.

Completing any of these Projects rewards blueprints, mods, crafting materials, experience, and bounties!

tctd2_e3_ss_ds4_960_345396.jpg

Thanks for joining us for today's dive into Bounties and Projects! Remember that these are just some of the Bounties and Projects you can expect to find in The Division 2. Be sure to join us over on the Official Forums or on the community Reddit to discuss today's article; we would love to hear your thoughts!

/The Division Dev Team
Preston.jpg

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm hearing big things from outside of this thread. It's a go.

Albeit extremely weary about bullet sponge ruining the game again, it looks good for the early levels.

• 2Like

Vorph

If you don't like bullet sponges, definitely do not replay missions on hard while leveling. It took me 2-3x as long to clear for the same loot as normal. Hopefully there's no need to repeat missions to hit max level and just doing all the side content is enough anyway.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Sounds like finding a super active and--PVE-only in my case--50-ish person clan is going to be a requirement ASAP, even for people like me who play solo. I don't even particularly have a problem with grouping, I just hate being nagged to use a headset and get on VoIP when I have a very nice surround setup to listen to instead.
I hate voice chat and listening to people talk over the game constantly, playing music, sniffling and burping, talking to their fucking pets, etc. I miss Everquest, man.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Will be PS4. Strongly considering moving up my purchase. Will still be getting started at least a week late though.

Crone

I hate voice chat and listening to people talk over the game constantly, playing music, sniffling and burping, talking to their fucking pets, etc. I miss Everquest, man.
Yea, with the voice chat set to on by default, and no push to talk, you hear a lot of this. I got good at muting people. Lol

At the same time it's nice, because some people actually communicate sometimes and makes for a better time.

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Likewise. I'm not anti-social or awkward, but I loathe listening to/talking with anyone but friends while playing games. Even then they occassionally annoy me because they talk over important scenes and make it hard for me to hear important sounds.

• 2Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Likewise. I'm not anti-social or awkward, but I loathe listening to/talking with anyone but friends while playing games. Even then they occassionally annoy me because they talk over important scenes and make it hard for me to hear important sounds.
...or they have asthma and a shitty $12 headset mic without a wind screen to block their mouth breathing. Or vaping loudly and constantly on an voice activated mic. God, I have obnoxious friends.

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fuck, even my kid gets on my nerves in discord. But at least I can walk over to him and smack him to reset.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
For me it's the coughers. Everyone is a stoner who is coughing every fucking 20 seconds. The next console needs to have a dedicated voice comms toggle button on the controller. You can configure it as a toggle or push (and hold) to talk. Done.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My best friend eats pork rinds while we play just to fuck with me. I only tolerate it because we've been friends for 30 years and he's on the take-a-bullet-for level.