The Division 2

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I want to go back but don't trust them enough to not fuck it up. It feels like am abusive relationship.

Just take the exact same loot model of D3 (including the cube) and port it over and you're done.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The first one was fun until you realized everyone was exploiting shit for pvp, and it ran out of content in like a month. I mean, I guess it was worth the entry fee, but was hoping for more. Don't expect much different from this one. My group used to dominate the DZ until the fucking assholes started shooting us through walls.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
bought division for ps4 at launch, on disc
played the game, platinum'd it, had fun
traded game in for $40 into gamestop
never ran the game again

#winning

I wish I had done the same with destiny 2

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Don't get me wrong, the game is beautiful and the core gameplay is great. Just that Massive kept making really dumb design decisions along the way since it was obvious they had never designed a looter before. 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I just don't trust them anymore with that much of my free time.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Don't get me wrong, the game is beautiful and the core gameplay is great. Just that Massive kept making really dumb design decisions along the way since it was obvious they had never designed a looter before. 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I just don't trust them anymore with that much of my free time.

Also Ubisoft.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
New patch (1.8.1) came out last week and it solves the loot issue by letting you target specific caches during the global events. Also double the drop rate of classified pieces. Goddammit Ubisoft, why you tempt me like this?

Qhue

Trump's Staff

They do love using their so very diverse groups with "authentic" gamer speech. I actually think there should be a sub-genre of multiplayer with voice-chat fakery. They do get across things like new gadgets, more tactical contact like the bouncing grenades and having to shoot the chick's feet to free her from the goop etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They had the same kind of cringe-fest trailer in the first game too, and I just don't get it? Like, the game looks fine, but holy shit their manufactured "multiplayer" scripting is just the fucking worst thing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

They do love using their so very diverse groups with "authentic" gamer speech. I actually think there should be a sub-genre of multiplayer with voice-chat fakery. They do get across things like new gadgets, more tactical contact like the bouncing grenades and having to shoot the chick's feet to free her from the goop etc.
This will be a week one buy for me.
They had the same kind of cringe-fest trailer in the first game too, and I just don't get it? Like, the game looks fine, but holy shit their manufactured "multiplayer" scripting is just the fucking worst thing.

This is basically a time warp to before D1...

All the trailer hype, all the voice com cringe, all the mechanics cause our eyes to glaze over...

Then it releases and we get a cringe fest, hacker infused, featureless release that has more bugs and cash shop items than ACTUAL features.

ALL of the things in that trailer basically should have been in release D1 and expanded on in D2 but no, they had to gauge the market and shore up some capital so they released a "beta" that was basically a product test bed.

I need to log into D1 again so I'm not talking out my ass...but I really stopped giving a shit shortly after the survival gameplay element was added.

This is a bargain bin buy at best considering the price tag they fixed on D1 and the follow up for their "Season".

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

I did say week 1, but not the day of release. If they somehow manage to not simply port over D1 as it stands today with the new features and in a new environment then I'll skip, but I can't see them spending so much effort into making D1 the way it is now only to just let D2 flop.

I'll get my 50-100 hours out of it and move on to the next thing.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The First Destiny had the same Cringey script in their original release that ended up nothing like what was released.

spronk

FPS noob
Should probably talk about Div2 in this thread instead of the Div1 thread

Open beta will be running March 1st - March 4th, no signups or anything yet. OP updated for current info.
The Division 2 Open Beta Sign-up & FAQ | Ubisoft (US)

There is a technical test running today not sure how you get in though, i never bothered

word is the campaign is ~40 hours which seems to be kinda bit too long. I bought an AMD key and will be playing on PC this time around, i played div1 at launch and enjoyed it but never touched it again once I finished the launch game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There does seem to be a shit ton more content lined up for this than Anthem. The problem I have is that it's too much like Div 1, at least in my opinion, so there was no hook. Played it a couple hours and I was bored.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am still waiting on answers to a couple questions:

-Pre-order loot stash increase. How much? If it gives like 10 slots out of 100 it may not be worth it, but if it is 50 on top of a standard 100 it may be better. (just throwing random numbers for examples..no idea on real numbers)
-What is going to be in the cash shop? Hopefully just cosmetics.

I think I will end up playing a good bit of this for PC, but just hope I can find a good group to run end game raids with. PvE looks so much better with this one than PvP (good thing for me personally) If anyone ends up playing it, apostolos223 is my game name provided it works the same as #1.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stash increase isn't for pre-ordering. It's part of the Elite Agent pack that comes with digital Ultimate and physical CEs. Normal people start with 50 slots, unlock 50 more during the campaign, and then the last 50 from endgame challenges. Ultimate/CE starts with the base 50 and the 50 from the challenges, and unlocks the other 50 during the campaign like everyone else. Sounds dumb to me, except that I'll be pretty pissed if I end up short on stash because any of those challenges require the DZ in even the slightest amount. I don't think even Ubisoft is that stupid though. The bigger problem is that 150 slots wasn't remotely enough in Division, and even with mods not taking up inventory space I think it will still be annoying to the point of having to mule shit in order to be able to store everything potentially useful like we did in Division 1.

Considering the actual DLC is supposedly going to all be free and at most Ultimate/CE people will have early access to it, they're asking a rather large amount of money for some meh cosmetics and a couple exotic guns that are probably crap (or at least easily replaceable with normal loot) even if you craft them at level 30. Not to mention it's only a "Year One" pass that you're paying a rather absurd amount of money for, and like Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon they're going to expect you to do it again next year and the year after (again, for DLC that is supposedly going to be free for everyone).

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I am still waiting on answers to a couple questions:

-Pre-order loot stash increase. How much? If it gives like 10 slots out of 100 it may not be worth it, but if it is 50 on top of a standard 100 it may be better. (just throwing random numbers for examples..no idea on real numbers)
-What is going to be in the cash shop? Hopefully just cosmetics.

I think I will end up playing a good bit of this for PC, but just hope I can find a good group to run end game raids with. PvE looks so much better with this one than PvP (good thing for me personally) If anyone ends up playing it, apostolos223 is my game name provided it works the same as #1.

I'm still waiting on answers to a couple questions:

-Bullet sponge