The Division 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only bullet sponge issue in the beta was the robot dogs which don't appear to have a weak point.

I"d be much more concerned about enemies being able to shit out drones 2 at a time with practically zero cooldown, or lobbing grenades with pinpoint accuracy, no indicator most of the time, and also little to no cooldown. Oh, and the pre-stagger bug is back so even if the indicator was useful you still aren't dodging them. At the same time player skill cooldowns got drastically increased, and from what I've heard skill haste won't be anything like it is in Div 1 where you can get stuff down to 10 sec or less. And don't get me started on all the skills they made completely worthless because you need to aim for them, wasting time when you could just be shooting your gun that does far more damage anyway. Turrets are made of tissue paper too, they die almost instantly when even the lowliest grunt starts shooting.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I hope this is good enough to keep EQ from sucking me in one more time.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Looks like the only content difference between private beta and open beta (which is this weekend btw) is one additional low level mission and two new unlocks for the final game. The new unlocks are for participating in the open beta and for completing the DZ intro mission. They're just for dangly bits that hang off your backpack though, so nothing important anyway.

I still have the private beta installed on my PS4 and it has been getting updates, so hopefully those of us who didn't uninstall it won't have to download anything besides a small patch on Thursday when the preload starts. Still can't decide whether to buy the standard edition, GameFly it like I did Anthem, or just not bother at all until they fix the game to be at least as good as Div 1.

Full patch notes from private to open beta: The Division 2 Open Beta – Updates Since Private Beta

• Increased the team-wide cooldown for enemy NPC grenades, RC Cars, and Suicide Drones.
  • Slightly decreased accuracy of the Hyenas Thrower's grenade launcher.
  • Decreased speed of enemy NPC Airburst grenades slightly.
  • Increased wind-up time for enemy NPC grenade launchers.
At least they listened to feedback regarding how ridiculous the enemies were, and we can now turn off on-call notifications permanently, but I don't see any changes that improve the terrible player skills design.

Last edited:

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I pre-ordered the game.

For all it's faults, I enjoyed the Division. I haven't played in ages, but I got my money's worth with the first game (>100 hours). The main draw for me actually was the story-line, I just felt overall it was more "realistic" than other games and I enjoyed the setting. A lot of the stuff that came later was fun also, like the survival mode thingie and the endless-wave areas. I never got that deep into the Dark Zone but the times I did with friends was enjoyable.

If they can stick to a similar formula and nail the DC setting that would be enough for me. I didn't mind the loot grind that much in the Division, and the main reason I stopped playing was I eventually got full sets of everything and there was really nothing else left to play for. Looking forward to the new story arc and the new classes/items/abilities/etc.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Got my copy and I'm ready to go. I loved the first one, even with its faults. After playing the beta, it does suck not having a snowy christmas theme, but it is still fun enough I'm sure I will enjoy it as much if not more than the first one. Plus a years worth of free content, and then to top it all off, I got it for $29. No brainer. Only thing that sucks is the EQ 20th anniversary servers come up that same week. I haven't played EQ since PoP and was looking forward to giving it a return. Hopefully I can have enough time to balance both.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can anyone give me the low down on the differences between the Ghost Recon Wildlands series and The Division 2? Have a group of Xbro friends that are still hardcore into Wildlands and I am wondering if The Division 2 is the "next game" for them. I would like to jump in and have a game to play co-op/multiplayer with them.

sukik

Can anyone give me the low down on the differences between the Ghost Recon Wildlands series and The Division 2? Have a group of Xbro friends that are still hardcore into Wildlands and I am wondering if The Division 2 is the "next game" for them. I would like to jump in and have a game to play co-op/multiplayer with them.
I've only played the first Division but the main difference is that is that the Division is an always online MMO where Wildlands is a single player game with the option of peer to peer coop for all aspects of progression. Both have leveling and gear progression systems and they're both looter shooters with 3rd person cover shooter gameplay. Wildlands is probably a bit easier for casual coop because you get NPC teammates that run around with you if your party isn't full. The Division tries to do PvP in the form of Dark Zones but it doesn't work very well. They're both fun for coop play. You can probably expect at least around 30 hours of coop gameplay, or more if you get into the end game stuff.

Regime Regime and I had a lot of fun doing the story coop but we lost interest in the end game because they were so focused on pushing the Dark Zone PvP. Hopefully Division 2 doesn't end up being the same way.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is the party size still 4? I thought I read 8 somewhere but haven’t heard anything more about it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It mentioned it in the trailer. 8 player raid.

Ok, so normal groups will still be 4? That sucks, have a group of 5-6 friends, would’ve been cool for all the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm going to download the open Beta on Xbox and see if it is worthy of a purchase.

Vorph

Division is a "big TV with HDR and 7.1 or 5.1.2 surround" kind of game imo. Definitely not something I'd ever want to play on PC sitting at a desk.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Division is a "big TV with HDR and 7.1 or 5.1.2 surround" kind of game imo. Definitely not something I'd ever want to play on PC sitting at a desk.
Good thing I'm sitting here with my 4k HDR screen and will be using a headset anyways. But really, will the HDR even work?

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yes HDR better work dang it! I am tired of Hap Hazard HDR.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I think this game may be positioned to have a huge launch. Anthem could have been huge but they fucked everything up.

Then again, everyone could be pissed at Fallout 76 and Anthem and avoid The Division 2 entirely. I guess we'll see in a few weeks.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I think this game may be positioned to have a huge launch. Anthem could have been huge but they fucked everything up.

Then again, everyone could be pissed at Fallout 76 and Anthem and avoid The Division 2 entirely. I guess we'll see in a few weeks.
I wouldn't be shocked if it tanks, a lot of fatigue with this genre right now. That said, they've given away a fuck ton of PC codes with graphics cards and cpus. You can probably get a PC key under $30 and launch is still 2 weeks out.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah and I keep thinking this will happen because this is a genre which definitely can have great games in it, lead by complete dill holes to this point. We just need ONE good solid release with creativity, good loot tables, plenty of end game content at launch, and a variety of said content - and it will destroy all competition.