The Division 2

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think it will be fine compared to Fallout 76 and Anthem. I'm sure they'll at least deliver a fun coop game that's good for 30-50 hours of game play. For people like me who aren't into BR games there's not a lot going on.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I think it will be fine compared to Fallout 76 and Anthem. I'm sure they'll at least deliver a fun coop game that's good for 30-50 hours of game play. For people like me who aren't into BR games there's not a lot going on.

Yeah. Division 1 and 2 and Anthem and the problems with Div 1 though may have turned a lot of people off from this genre. Every single game got treated like a free to play game as far as content. We need a strong AAA Looter Shooter with all aspects taken care of on launch and I have a feeling people are very hungry for a good quality looter shooter over what we have been getting the last 3-4 years. Anthem was worse than all of them combined.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Yeah. Division 1 and 2 and Anthem and the problems with Div 1 though may have turned a lot of people off from this genre. Every single game got treated like a free to play game as far as content. We need a strong AAA Looter Shooter with all aspects taken care of on launch and I have a feeling people are very hungry for a good quality looter shooter over what we have been getting the last 3-4 years. Anthem was worse than all of them combined.

Hopefully they've learned from their Division 1 mistakes. They had a solid base but kinda screwed up the end game. I think it goes without say that it'd be a good idea to wait for reviews on the main game and any DLC. I'm cautiously optimistic and Ubisoft has earned back some good will from me in the last two years, but I'm not rushing into this one.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
I'm willing to preorder this, and I have a pretty firm stance on not preordering. I easily got my money's worth off Division 1. I miss the super comfy snow but other than that I'm looking forward to it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I liked the snow in Division 1 too, but not at the expense of losing varied locations. It was just part of NYC. Remember when they said they would add more of the surroundings to the game? Good times... never happened.

I wish Warframe was approachable now. They have added so much to it. It's so confusing with seemingly dozens of systems, with only a few of them being current and useful, but with requirements from the old, not so useful systems.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
* IF * you are going to preorder, get a good deal out of it.

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 | Game Preorders

If I like what I see out of the open beta, best bet for me would be Best Buy. I have GC still, so I would get the game for $47.99 and also a reward cert for $10 - so essentially getting the game for 37 bucks.

Edit: Lol ok I also have a reward cert for $30. So I can get this game for $7.00.

Now, do I use it on this, or 1) Days Gone. 2) Shadows Never Die.

Hekotat Hekotat Regime Regime Xexx Xexx Nija Nija Which platform are you guys getting?

All these games need to start deploying the same cross play Rocket League just did. It's incredible.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Utnayan Utnayan If they focus on the dark zone garbage I’ll buy on sale to do the fun coop story. I have zero interest in PVP and I’d rather play a FPS like apex legends.

If I get D2 it will be on Xbox X. I’m waiting for spronk spronk or Vorph Vorph to let me know if end game will be solid PVE. If it drops off at max level like D1 I won’t buy early.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
PS4. I think the dark zone was changed for Div2, because it sucked for Div1 unless you have a crew. Now that I'm almost 40 and spend most of my time working or coaching kids sports I no longer have a gaming crew.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
PS4. I think the dark zone was changed for Div2, because it sucked for Div1 unless you have a crew. Now that I'm almost 40 and spend most of my time working or coaching kids sports I no longer have a gaming crew.

We need to change that!

• 1Worf

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
My only hope is they saw the anthem clusterfuck and are now strongly considering giving a complete and fun game before releasing.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My only hope is they saw the anthem clusterfuck and are now strongly considering giving a complete and fun game before releasing.

If you guys swear by the coop pve sukik sukik and I will snag but man I can’t justify $60 for a game I’ll stop playing once I hit 30. ( w/e the max Level is)

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Myself +3 will be playing it on PC. Because it'll be cheaper, and aiming is 10x better with mouse, though the aim-assist is pretty strong with a controller.

Long story short, it's basically Division 1 in its current state, with all the extra end game shit they added over the last couple years, an extra special ability slot, on top of the original two with slightly modified enhancements (e.g. turret can be a sniper), and I believe there's an extra gear slot.... Enemies and abilities were poorly balanced in the last beta, but that's not a concern given things were pretty well balanced in the first one (for an RPG, bullet sponge type shooter).

I stopped playing Div 1 after I'd cleared out all of the given content in the first couple months -- that means finding every little person, side story, collectible, etc, and defeated the first added "raid" (the one with the APC at the end). Clocked 200+ hours. Once I ran out of content, stopped playing. Same kinna thing happened with Anthem, only I finished what that game had to offer in like 3 days. Shouldn't be that easy, or that fast. I at least got 50-60 hours out of each Borderlands before I stopped playing those.

Assuming Div 2 carries a story as good or better than the first, I'll at least play through that because the gameplay flavor suits me. But only if there are actual objectives. Banging my dick over and over, defeating the same content over and over at the same difficulty, just hoping for a god roll is not my cup of tea.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah and I can get the thing for seven pesos so

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I'll be playing this on PS4. Wasn't Div1 on PC riddled with hackers?

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok me too then if you guys go and enough get on PS4, I’ll do it. Otherwise I’ll take my 7 pesos and go home.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'll be playing this on PS4. Wasn't Div1 on PC riddled with hackers?
Aimbot, shoot through walls, see through walls, and one shot kill hacks. They fixed the shooting and seeing through walls, and one shot kill hacks (permabanned folks using insta kill hack), but as far as I remember they couldn't prevent aimbot since a lot of the game's decisioning happens client side. And it honestly wasn't as rampant as folks made it out to be. It was usually a lone gunman who my group would spawn camp the fuck out of until they left the DZ. Nothing ever stopped my team from rolling the DZ. I loved the extract mechanic so much because you could fuck other groups in a honest, fair fight - they've got the defensive position. Need to see what the new DZ mechanics are like with the gear naturalization and changed loot drop mechanics (everything that drops isn't necessarily infected or whatever).

If you're referring to glitch hacking, that was present on all formats. No gear was ever taken away and no one was ever banned for using these exploits, but they did fix most glitches within a couple weeks of discovery. Reddit being a thing tho, those exploits were readily shared with the community and were abused the fuck out of (I know I did, but only because certain encounters took too fucking long or they were overtuned).

• 1Like

Crone

I don't have a crew either. Was really looking forward to getting back into EQ Progression servers with Regime Regime and others to get that "crew" feeling and guild chat back again. Just isn't the right time for me.

I just upgraded from a GTX 970 to 1080 Ti, so it's PC for me, no questions. I hope this weekends open beta does well.

• 1Like