The Division 2

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Shit, I was still debating this as I got burned hard on the Division 1 launch, but since I recently built a Ryzen 2400G system I received a free code for Division 2. Have to wait till the 15th though I guess.

Being a Euro, I reckon my hours wont always allign with you all, but I still hope we can blow shit up now and again.
I am euro, too.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So does this unlock at 9 or 10 pacific? I read 1 am eastern but doesn't make sense. Thought it was midnight release.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So best way to play this early is pre-order on Uplay and buy the gold edition I guess? Have a decent amount of time to kill this week and the Beta was pretty good... anyone making a PC clan/guild?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So does this unlock at 9 or 10 pacific? I read 1 am eastern but doesn't make sense. Thought it was midnight release.

If you own the GOLD OR ULTIMATE EDITION ON XBOX ONE OR PS4 (and therefore have early access to The Division 2), then things are pretty simple: you will be able to play the game at MIDNIGHT IN YOUR TIME ZONE. In New York? That’s 12 AM Eastern. California? 12 AM Pacific. London? 12 AM GMT. And so on.
For UPLAY USERS ON PC, it’s a little more confusing. Because of course it is. We’ll rundown the three main time zones that players will be concerned with: Eastern, Pacific, and GMT (UK) times.
  • Eastern: 1 AM EDT on March 12
  • Pacific: 10 PM PDT on March 12
  • GMT: 11 PM GMT on March 11
(I copy and pasted this from a site link)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you own the GOLD OR ULTIMATE EDITION ON XBOX ONE OR PS4 (and therefore have early access to The Division 2), then things are pretty simple: you will be able to play the game at MIDNIGHT IN YOUR TIME ZONE. In New York? That’s 12 AM Eastern. California? 12 AM Pacific. London? 12 AM GMT. And so on.
For UPLAY USERS ON PC, it’s a little more confusing. Because of course it is. We’ll rundown the three main time zones that players will be concerned with: Eastern, Pacific, and GMT (UK) times.
10pm March 11th, for uplay people.

• 1Like

Vorph

Finally pre-loading, says 90GB and it's going to take ~30 minutes. Not bad compared to what PSN used to be like. Still don't understand the massive size difference on PS4, only thing I can think of is that they unpacked the textures to try to get them to stream faster and avoid the godawful pop-in of the betas.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
What's the difference between Eastern and Pacific, and why are those times 21 hours apart? Where does Central fit in?

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I think I accidentally unplugged my PS4 yesterday. It unlocks in 23 minutes, but when it turned it back on an hour ago only 7gb was downloaded. Now it's at 40 gigs and another 40 isn't going to be ready for at least an hour or two. I was thinking about playing until maybe 1-2 am, but not going to start then.

I'm not a guy that minds going to work, but I do wish I had tomorrow off.

• 1Like

Vorph

According to Marco, side missions scale to your level and always give 33% of the xp required for the next level. Doesn't sound like you need to save them up in order to avoid needing to grind after the story is over to hit 30 for endgame, but you should definitely not complete a side mission if you're close to leveling up. Go do a couple random landmarks or something instead.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Any shenanigans to get this thing working now so I don't have to log into Anthem? I'm on PC with ultimate edition.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Any shenanigans to get this thing working now so I don't have to log into Anthem? I'm on PC with ultimate edition.
Find a free VPN, set it up, select a node where the game is already unlocked (like Hong Kong or anywhere in EU). IIRC you connect to the VPN, close Uplay, launch the game, then once the game is running close the VPN app.

This only works if you bought it from Uplay directly. People who bought from Epic get to learn yet another lesson about why one should never use their shit.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
game looks really fun so far on streams and maps, gameplay, and guns look fun. still not really sure whether i wanna play on pc or xbox tho

fuck this 3 day early access gold bullshit tho

• 2Like

Crone

game looks really fun so far on streams and maps, gameplay, and guns look fun. still not really sure whether i wanna play on pc or xbox tho

fuck this 3 day early access gold bullshit tho
Don't give in to Gold! Trade in a game towards Div 2, get 30% extra trade in credit. Then also get the $10 pre-order bonus. Will get your monies worth out of it when you only have to pay like $20!

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Sucks waiting for the AMD rewards key but whatever, I figure this game will be fun for a play through then I can wait and see if I feel like continuing. My guess is after a month I'll be looking to my next game anyways.

I kinda don't get the sequel mindset to these types of games, it screams to me that there will be a Division 3 so I'm not missing much if I don't get more invested into this franchise. (or Destiny or probably Anthem etc)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Sucks waiting for the AMD rewards key but whatever, I figure this game will be fun for a play through then I can wait and see if I feel like continuing. My guess is after a month I'll be looking to my next game anyways.

I kinda don't get the sequel mindset to these types of games, it screams to me that there will be a Division 3 so I'm not missing much if I don't get more invested into this franchise. (or Destiny or probably Anthem etc)
Same concept between this and mmo expansions without the carryover. Div 1 came out three years ago. Destiny 2 came out 3 days shy of 3 years from Destiny 1. Not getting involved because of a possible new version doesn't make any sense unless you just don't want to play the game for what it is.

From a developer perspective it makes a monstrous amount of sense. New content without having to continue to support the old content. I bet Blizzard would love if they didn't have to ensure server stability in all areas not related to BfA. Can also replace your entire engine without having to attenuate it to include old systems.

Side note, Anthem getting a sequel would blow my mind. They fucked up what could have been something great by lacking any content, sucking dick at setting effective drop rates, and difficulty scaling. If they can add about 300% more content/story and tune in everything else, that might warrant another round. If they maintain a DLC cycle the game may be playable in two years. But lol, not gonna happen.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Don't give in to Gold! Trade in a game towards Div 2, get 30% extra trade in credit. Then also get the $10 pre-order bonus. Will get your monies worth out of it when you only have to pay like $20!

Where is 30% trade bonus?

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Got on using VPN to germany at like 8PM, close to lv 8 now. Feels good. Gonna switch over to US servers come 1AM.

choadlady.png

Crone

Where is 30% trade bonus?
Gamestop!~

And it was explained to me that if you buy the PC version in store, they just hand you the Uplay code right there in store. No shenanigans.