The Division 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for the heads up. That's a shame, pulse was one of my favorite skills in Div 1, almost essential for DZ, and was definitely a skill at least one person in each group should've had. Hopefully they fix it to make it useful again.
The reason it's shitty is super long cooldown, ridiculously short range, AND it doesn't do anything but tag the enemies. No crit chance or other damage increase like in Div 1. CDR is easy to come by, pulse range mods I've seen people talk about are tiny increases, and I haven't heard anything about mods that add dps to pulsed targets. The EMP Pulse could end up being useful in some endgame situations, but the other two sound dead in the water for PVE, and probably PVP too with the pathetic range.

My recommendations for skills would be fixer drone, revive hive (it auto-triggers if you get downed like the ultimate from Div 1), assault turret (if you really feel you need an offensive skill while leveling... I don't see the point though). My next pick is going to be oxidation chem launcher since I read that it pops enemies out of cover and the base CD is only 20 seconds. Then maybe the shield, though I've heard the one that you can use with a real gun is made of tissue paper and I'm not sure about killing shit with a pistol. Firefly seems shitty all around and pulse / seeker mine have been nerfed into the ground compared to Div 1 so those will be the last three I pick and then probably never use.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I tried the shield and it's pretty nice if you want to tank out-of-cover. It regens 'health' quickly when not being shot

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I was using a shield with the fancy shotgun. It's pretty good. I went with pulse first though. It's horrible ><

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah all the skills seem lackluster so far while leveling. Went with repair drone and revive hive right off the bat and don't see the point in changing unless something magically makes one of the skills OP later on.

Difficulty seems pretty decent when soloing so far, but I've only hit L7 and finished the theater district. Enjoying the game overall.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
My game is fucked up. First issue is no sound effects. I hear music, sounds when I level up, but no guns, voices, footsteps....sound worked fine during both betas. I also changed the text scaling, then reverted it, now I have both the large text and small text showing up at the same time. God damn PC master race bullshit. Oh, it also reverts to 1080p windowed mode. Doesn't get along well with Display Port with audio or alt-tabbing I'm guessing. It's also not saving my DX12 settings. About to delete and redownload. Some bullshit.

Dx11. Always.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
UAyUHru.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So far I don't think I've seen any negative criticism of this game.

Kind of surprised because based on the beta I was just kind of meh on it.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
anthem, bf5, and fo76 sorta recalibrated the floor for shitty games i think so just getting a game that is decent makes it seem like a 8/10

also all the DLCs are apparently gonna be free for year 1, the only thing season pass (gold/ultimate) gets you is 7 day early access. so no real reason to buy anything other than base game, except of course you can play today instead of thursday night

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, this spring went from an embarrassment of gaming riches to 'sweet baby jesus at least be mediocre and have a modicum of replayability' in record time.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
anthem, bf5, and fo76 sorta recalibrated the floor for shitty games i think so just getting a game that is decent makes it seem like a 8/10

also all the DLCs are apparently gonna be free for year 1, the only thing season pass (gold/ultimate) gets you is 7 day early access. so no real reason to buy anything other than base game, except of course you can play today instead of thursday night

Does it set your consoles literally on fire? If no then it is brilliant game design!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I unlocked clans earlier today, and was going to create one but then I got looking around on reddit and saw that the weekly clan progression apparently doesn't scale. This is what a 4 person clan sees for goals:
XJm1Jyu.jpg

At least for now I don't see any reason to be in a clan that isn't more or less full all the time.

I'm also not sure if the weekly projects vary depending on whether you set the clan to PVE only vs. PVE and PVP.

Yeah all the skills seem lackluster so far while leveling. Went with repair drone and revive hive right off the bat and don't see the point in changing unless something magically makes one of the skills OP later on.
I'm pretty sure this will be my loadout to 30 and beyond as well. Might swap the fixer drone for the pulse one once I unlock sharpshooter spec, but revive hive isn't going anywhere. Somewhat disappointing considering how much I liked playing Tactician in Div 1, but hopefully they'll realize how shitty they've made almost all the skills and fix it eventually.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am dying a lot, its actually quite pleasant not being able to just mow down content.

Lingering questions I have:

1) What does selecting a crafting 'project' do? Is she actually doing something when I select a project independent of me just crafting the damn thing?
2) Where's a good place to get resources for the control points? I've been scrounging high and low and it still took me ages to get 50 things to hand over for the Downtown East quest.
3) After you fail a bounty its just gone? I got a bounty for finishing the aforementioned quest and got smoked by the Butcher or whatever her name was and the bounty is just gone now.

I find myself relying heavily on the hive heal + the healing drone so far.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
The game is just really polished. I've only run into one bug so far, it was the DZ unlocking quest and it wouldn't complete for me, had to do it 3 times. Not the end of the world. I do kinda regret getting gold year 1 access, I thought it was gonna be paid DLC like Destiny. I love that they're doing it for free, I just would've gotten a normal copy had I known that.

I like how hard it can be, I like doing group stuff, I love the different weapons.

My two complaints on the actual game that have already been said: fuck negatives on mod slots, and fuck some of the UI that was obviously designed for console mouthbreathers.

To answer you Qhue Qhue

2. If you donate anything to a control point and have the talent, it'll give you a finding radar to find stuff. Also sometimes you'll come on a cache of water or food, with barrels/crates everywhere, 2-4 of them will be lootable for 20+ water/food each.
3. No. Go back to bounties on your Map (default is one to the right of map I think, press E on PC), mouse over the area that the bounty came from and you can reactivate it. The butcher is no joke I grouped for it. I just found out reactivating bounties today after I failed one and a clanmember told me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, i kind of have a little bit of buyers remorse. I got ultimate on sale, so basically got it for the cost of gold -for the extra stash space. Thought it would be like Div 1 one at launch and would be a meaningful early addition, but it's not. So the 1 year pass is basically early access for the first year's DLC.

• 2Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I'm dying quite a bit too, but I think it's because I wanted to try out offensive skills. They are horrible - you want the defensive skills instead, hive and repair drone as mentioned. You can get in over your head quick. I rushed Meat Locker or whatever his name is, the bounty for the first zone, and he actually capped me. It said bounty failed and I haven't seen how to re-trigger it yet, so I may have missed out on that guaranteed blue gun from the first area.

For those who don't know and are rushing ahead, if you complete the projects in an area you'll get an automatic bounty for a boss in each (I assume) zone.

If you're having trouble finding resources - 1) get the perk where you can hold more resources. 50 isn't enough, as the requirements are usually 50. I have like 90 water and 90 food right now at level 6. 2) slow down. The resources aren't highlighted on the minimap, only the main map. If you're going from A to B, and you see an opening into a building, go in. Those are the areas that spawn random events, like hostage situations and so forth. Those areas will have resources.

If you want quick resources, this is going to be a rough instruction as I'm not in front of it, but if you go to the theater, then look at the main map, to the east there will be a red skull territory control point that shows up as a main mission, level 26. Go towards that. Within a one block radius near the zone boundary there you'll find an entrance to the subway / light rail system. Go down there and look around - there are a lot of resources down there. It's a huge underground area that doesn't even really have a map indicator, so it may be used for something later.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

This is not entirely true. Sure everyone gets DLC, but the premium versions also come with 8 extra premium missions to start and also the specialization at lv 30 is unlocked right away, if you dont have premium they are locked behind having to do some shit to unlock them. And also not to mention early access to the DLC. Worth the extra $30? Maybe not, but to me from playing he beta I had no problem gving this company an extra $30.

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
This is not entirely true. Sure everyone gets DLC, but the premium versions also come with 8 extra premium missions to start and also the specialization at lv 30 is unlocked right away, if you dont have premium they are locked behind having to do some shit to unlock them. And also not to mention early access to the DLC. Worth the extra $30? Maybe not, but to me from playing he beta I had no problem gving this company an extra $30.
I hadn't seen that part of the roadmap, so those are good points. Guess this article from gamespot has some good info on year 1 pass.