The Division 2

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Up to level 17, 13 hours into the game, according to uPlay. 60% done with the main story.

Jorren Jorren and I have been grouping through most content and it's been pretty awesome. Having people to play with has made things just so great!

Vorph Vorph I ended up getting a M60 to play with, and I can't really tell a difference between it and the M249B? Both are pretty good, and I like the play style. Some fights I feel like all I do is suppress, while others I'll take out 5 guys in 1 clip and feel like a God. But in group play, when I'm suppressing 3-4 guys, that's just helping out the whole group, so I changed my mind and don't mind that much either.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Up to level 17, 13 hours into the game, according to uPlay. 60% done with the main story.

Jorren Jorren and I have been grouping through most content and it's been pretty awesome. Having people to play with has made things just so great!

Vorph Vorph I ended up getting a M60 to play with, and I can't really tell a difference between it and the M249B? Both are pretty good, and I like the play style. Some fights I feel like all I do is suppress, while others I'll take out 5 guys in 1 clip and feel like a God. But in group play, when I'm suppressing 3-4 guys, that's just helping out the whole group, so I changed my mind and don't mind that much either.
Suppression is amazing when playing with how I'm kitted out. I just run up and double barrel shot gun the guy hiding in the face and slap him with my shield for the kill.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Darude

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So I'm late to the party, what skills do I want to get asap and which suck and do I want to avoid?
Pulse is pretty fuckin useless. The tech disable is useful situationally, but the rest are so much better. The machine gun turret and the healing gun are both awesome. Was able to duo content with both of us using that combo. I personally enjoy the shield that let's me use some of the heavier weapons (SMG, shotguns, especially the rapid fire shotties), and the bullet reflecting drone. The armor healing drone is also pretty effective. Seeker mine with cluster is good if you can get it to work properly (I have range and targeting issues with it for some reason).

Though honestly they're all fairly secondary to good weapons, and should be decided on as a means of supplementing your arsenal. I wouldn't use shield and bullet reflection drone if I was running a marksman and other medium/longer range weapon, for example. Sniper turret dropped next to you (tap Q twice, aim and shoot with Q) with a marksman rifle helps to increase your deadliness from afar (no recoil from firing turret).

I'm curious if we ever get access to RPG's and RC cars. Those motherfuckers have fucked me up so many times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm trying to figure out how I sometimes seem to have an elemental component to my firing action... Sometimes it seems electrical (white visual effect that causes an enemy to stutter step in place), other times it adds an ignite effect. Machine gun shotty with ignite, running around with a shield on top of the knock back/interrupt effects of a shotgun add another layer to combat.

Is there a support ability that causes secondary elemental effects to bullets? Or am I missing some random stat on an item?

Hosix

All labs matter!
I'm trying to figure out how I sometimes seem to have an elemental component to my firing action... Sometimes it seems electrical (white visual effect that causes an enemy to stutter step in place), other times it adds an ignite effect. Machine gun shotty with ignite, running around with a shield on top of the knock back/interrupt effects of a shotgun add another layer to combat.

Is there a support ability that causes secondary elemental effects to bullets? Or am I missing some random stat on an item?

You loot them randomly and they are badass. I wish you could pick when you load them. The help on yellow bar enemies big time.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
When you are leveling get the revive hive as your first skill and the armor healing drone as your second and use them both until you hit level 30. they are fantastic and will save your ass more times than you can count, solo or in groups. you will be able to get all the skills and even perks i'm pretty sure pretty easily so no need to worry about min/max and you can respec anytime for a small amount (or free?)

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
When you are leveling get the revive hive as your first skill and the armor healing drone as your second and use them both until you hit level 30. they are fantastic and will save your ass more times than you can count, solo or in groups. you will be able to get all the skills and even perks i'm pretty sure pretty easily so no need to worry about min/max and you can respec anytime for a small amount (or free?)
You can switch skills that you've unlocked for free at any time, even in combat, assuming it's not on cool down.

And yes, you'll unlock all of the skills and perks eventually. As far as perks, increasing your grenade and armor repair capacity were the most important initially. Then increased inventory and stash. You'll unlock pretty much everything by level 20 save the ones that require level 30, so it's not a big concern either way.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
For the love of all that's holy I really hate the Outcasts and their fucking Molotov cocktails as thrown by world class athletes possessing uncanny strength and accuracy.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
For the love of all that's holy I really hate the Outcasts and their fucking Molotov cocktails as thrown by world class athletes possessing uncanny strength and accuracy.
And the surgical precision of RPG's, as well as the speed/health of those circular saw RC cars... With how everything is a bullet sponge, I feel they should have the aerial travel time of rockets in Doom 2, giving the player time to avoid damn near instant death.... Zero opportunity to dodge unless you're just running around constantly, which leads you to getting overwhelmed by enemies flanking like they're as coordinated as the US military infiltrating Osama's living abode.

I bitch, but honestly appreciate the difficulty, even if it is at times quite ridiculous. A heavy yellow with a monstrous amount of armor, massive backpack, and flame thrower sprinting at twice your speed, jumping over barriers and climbing over railing seems a bit....much. Speaking of flame throwers, Jesus Christ the range and basically instagib needs to be toned the fuck down. It's able to be defeated, but requires a bit of luck and cheesing the environment - getting them to go up and down stairs makes them a bit easier.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Reinforcer chem launcher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> fixer drone, even if the drone wasn't still bugged.

Specialization respec is free.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
There’s a lot of cussing in this game from both the NPCs and from and my friend.

We all(me, my friend and NPC) say fuck you when we get killed. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

orcmauler

Golden Squire
Ok stupid question time. I have searched online but haven't found a definitive answer, will this work "well" on satellite internet? I have Hughes Net so my latency is fucking atrocious (I.E. no wow or even eq). I would be playing 99% solo.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If epic store has a refund policy like steam you can buy it and check it out. I know uplay doesn't have a policy like that tho

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Ok stupid question time. I have searched online but haven't found a definitive answer, will this work "well" on satellite internet? I have Hughes Net so my latency is fucking atrocious (I.E. no wow or even eq). I would be playing 99% solo.

Even if you play solo I suspect it won't work well because it's still a server-side instance hosting the game and the server needs to be ready for more people to join.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So world tier 4 is a bit different than the previous ones. Those little events around the control points are now linked to the control point. If you do the ones linked, you get more loot, but also they become harder. Pretty cool feature.

Also the last stronghold is still locked, not sure if this is the raid? So supposedly you get an exotic from the hyena keys you find underground. You collect 5 of them, open up the hyena caches and on the 5th one a blueprint drops.

Anyway got to 450ish item level, but now the fun part is getting all the CORRECT shit.

Most of this was solo too, so it definitely is possible. Only grouped for the strongholds so far.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I hit 30 in 30 hours for anyone wondering the leveling speed...

Anyone have a shield build yet? Aaaand what should be the 1st thing I do now that I am 30?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So was helping a buddy tonight. I’m level 19 he was 4. Was a blast replaying and helping. I joined on him. Loot was falling from the sky. I love how the system works because I still level and get a shit ton of loot/mats/money for later.

Plus I was able to finally kill that son of a bitch Butcher in the first area bounty. Bastard killed me in beta, killed me on release, and joined his game and finally wrecked that asshole.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users