The Division 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I guess I do too if I think about it. It's only useful for exotics, and I barely ever use my exotics now. Chatterbox has a nice holstered perk but it's not worth giving up a SMG that actually deals top-tier damage, and Liberty's perk just isn't good enough to replace stuff like Wascally, Transmission, In Rhythm, etc. And if I'm actually going to fire a sidearm--which rarely happens because the swap speed on them is way too slow--I'd rather have a sawed-off.

As soon as the patch drops I will craft 450-490 Police M4's until I get one with Strained and damage as close to the high end of the range as possible, maybe a Vector .45 if I still have mats left over, then probably never craft anything else besides mods I'm missing. I suppose I'll upgrade my Liberty just for the GS boost too, seeing as sidearms are rare enough that getting a 490+ one could take a while.

Last edited:

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Broke down my chatterbox to refarm the parts from hyena chests again, took 6 keys to get them. Also chatter broke down to 2 exotic pieces and you only need 1 for upgrades, so good news for anyone holding on to upgrade liberty and merciless you only need to break 1 exotic, unless it's rng 1-2 and not guaranteed 2 pieces?

Kinda finished my 2nd character at 450, just blueprints to farm.. which I haven't done much with 1st char much less feel like doing at all on 2nd. Can't wait for friday for wt5 and to actually start putting together brand/set builds.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Players at gear level 450 can give you a set of 450 gear to instantly get you to the cap so you don't have to grind your way up if you want the fastest path.
Sweet, didn't think of that. Will hit up the PS4 clan later tonight for some leeching.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone have strange stuttering in the PC version? Sometimes the game just freezes for half a second. What is annoying is that the current movement is canceled when this happens: If you are walking forward you suddenly stop and have to release the key and press it again.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does anyone have strange stuttering in the PC version? Sometimes the game just freezes for half a second. What is annoying is that the current movement is canceled when this happens: If you are walking forward you suddenly stop and have to release the key and press it again.
I fixed the problem on my machine turning dx12 off and the uplay overlay off. Was annoying as shit mid firefight to get a stutter then magicly you're flanked with a melee dude on you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I don't have the same issue with stuttring, but, yeah, if I play with the Ubisoft overlay on, I get a whole lot more random issues and crashing. It's worth a shot to turn it off.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Check your proc, my son was having this issue and come to find out the game was using 100% of his proc 100% of the time. There is some weird shit going on with this game and some 4 cores.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
So what are the benefits of having an alt in the game? I think I saw increased storage and maybe more raid entries when they get added? Are world tiers shared or would an alt have to go through all of them again?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
So what are the benefits of having an alt in the game? I think I saw increased storage and maybe more raid entries when they get added? Are world tiers shared or would an alt have to go through all of them again?

More stash space and extra loot from the raids/weekly stuff. You would need to level to 30 and equip some bank gear and kill a few strongholds to tet to world tier 4 now 5.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got an alt to lv 20 before I just could not do it anymore. There is just something about this game, its rewards and loot that just does not lend itself to endless grinds for me.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
The extra loot isn't even worth the time spent since it's so RNG based and unless you're a real life hoarder who needs 14 holsters with hard hitting on them then how could you run out of storage space. Keep high rolls of each type and a talent of each type. It's not like loot doesn't rain down from the heavens for just sneezing unless you're looking for a high end D50 since that's the only thing I've seen 1 of in 4k+ looted pieces.

Vorph

Keep high rolls of each type and a talent of each type.
Um, that alone would fill up your stash as it currently stands. You have to be far more selective than that unless you have 3 alts all leveled up.

I keep a couple of each stat and talent, but only focus on the stuff my build actually uses so that if a new more betterer item drops I can recalibrate exactly what it's missing to be perfect. I keep a lot of guns though, in particular everything that drops with Strained on it so I always have a bunch of spares around if I need to test something. A few with Allegro because I once went like 3-4 days using a new AR with Strained and Accurate because I used up all my Allegro and RNGesus refused to drop me one. That's well over half my stash just for one build and throwing out things I sometimes come to regret later (like all my gloves with Compensated). I intend to collect everything for a LMG Frenzy build at WT5 too, and short of making alts I have no idea where I'm going to store it, as there's not much overlap between that build and my AR/SMG setup.

Plus they're adding in gear sets, and even if they suck now you're still going to want to keep the a full set of each, possibly with some spares here and there since it may not be clear exactly what sort of stats/talents are ideal on them. So that's at least another 18 slots filled.

Stash space should just be doubled. There was never enough in Div 1, and Div 2 is far worse with how recalibration works.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I think I have 20 items in my stash which is enough to replace each talent I would actually use, a few items with CHC of 10%+ and DTE of 40%+ and a copy of creeping death since I've only seen that one time even though I doubt I'll ever use it.

Nothing is uncommon enough to worry about if you're putting in any sort of playtime.

If you don't already use The Division 2: Weekly Vendor Reset - Ruben Alamina then I'd recommend it so you can purchase bulk items when you get some urge to test and will often have what you are looking for.'

I dunno I feel like hoarding away gear is the equivalent to the RPG player saving potions that they never use or fill up banks with crap they never use in MMOs etc since the average player isn't doing any sort of testing. They are copying whatever the popular YouTuber/Twitch streamer is doing or just derping around without any sort of min/max desires.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They could make loadouts a version of storage, and if items are shared between loadouts/sets that would be a "wasted" inventory slot.

Also, if you could just "disenchant" items for traits that you can apply to that same item type/grade, and make it a material, not an item.

That would make shit so much easier to manage, and I could fry 100 items because I'm just keeping them for traits...

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
They could make loadouts a version of storage, and if items are shared between loadouts/sets that would be a "wasted" inventory slot.

Also, if you could just "disenchant" items for traits that you can apply to that same item type/grade, and make it a material, not an item.

That would make shit so much easier to manage, and I could fry 100 items because I'm just keeping them for traits...

Yeah that would have been the ideal system. Trash a talent or stat and then apply it to whatever. I don't know if they end up reworking the system, but it is worse than Div 1's by far so I'm hoping they do or that gear sets are just wear and forget so no one has to worry about brand crap once out of leveling.

Vorph

I think I have 20 items in my stash which is enough to replace each talent I would actually use, a few items with CHC of 10%+ and DTE of 40%+ and a copy of creeping death since I've only seen that one time even though I doubt I'll ever use it.
You and I have extremely different views on how to make and maintain a build then.

Mask - DtE and health on it, plus I'd like to eventually use Dialed In (which is uber-rare and should be kept no matter what anyway). So I keep 2-3 DtE rolls that are 35-44% (because that shit is rare as hell too), and at least 1 near-max health roll. Since mask/backpack can be either Gila or Murakami as long as you have one of each, that's also at least one more slot used up, just in case I get a backpack upgrade that is the other brand and need to swap. And here's the thing that really bugs me about the recalibration system: my 44% DtE mask is still listed as the max possible roll on the main spreadsheet keeping track of that stuff, so I sure as hell don't want to use it to recalibrate an item where it's going to cap out at 30-something%.

Vest - Couple Berserks for the main build, one Hard Hitting because it's pretty common, at least one Unstoppable Force for alternate build(s). I tend to keep Fenris vests unless they are completely unusable simply because there's no substitute for Fenris vest (and kneepads) in an AR build. Then there's the stats: ~max rolls for bonus armor, health, weapon damage, CHC, and headshot damage all need to be kept. Some of the outliers there, stuff like ~27% HSD or weapon dmg around 12%, are extremely rare and keeping any multiples you get is a good idea, but you run into the same problem as I was talking about with DtE above.

Not going to bother with all the slots, I'm sure you get the idea.

Nothing is uncommon enough to worry about if you're putting in any sort of playtime.

If you don't already use The Division 2: Weekly Vendor Reset - Ruben Alamina then I'd recommend it so you can purchase bulk items when you get some urge to test and will often have what you are looking for.'

I dunno I feel like hoarding away gear is the equivalent to the RPG player saving potions that they never use or fill up banks with crap they never use in MMOs etc since the average player isn't doing any sort of testing. They are copying whatever the popular YouTuber/Twitch streamer is doing or just derping around without any sort of min/max desires.
I've got something like 150h in the game already--that's with barely playing this week as I'm getting ready to go all out again this weekend--and I test a lot of shit so I'm pretty far from the average player. But even the average player who just copies YT builds is going to be a sad sack when some new build gets posted and he's got one half-assed gun and a couple pieces of gear in his stash for it.

• 1Solidarity

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
They stealth nerfed dialed in if you didn't notice I think in the last patch. I'm also using Sharpshooter primarily and because of it I'm either maxed or close to max stability with every weapon so it's a wasted talent at the moment. Same boat as you with around 140 played, but I'm pretty much as min/maxed as I can get while trying to keep specific talents and the inability to recalibrate more than 1 slot. Been sitting at 457GS without a usable upgrade drop in literally an entire week of play.