The Division 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I know about the nerf, but it's still a good talent. Maybe not better than Hard Hitting anymore, but there's always the possibility of getting an ideal mask drop that only takes an active talent instead of a passive one.

And I don't use Sharpshooter at all anymore, which makes Dialed In a bit more appealing. The grenade launcher alone trumps everything SS/Surv specs have by a large margin imo so unless there's some major changes there tomorrow it's still Demo-for-life.

spronk

FPS noob
If you're farming CP +3s like me for blueprints one nice little trick is to equip a holster with the Fill Em Up perk. It reloads your other guns when you reload any gun. Without it some of them are a super bitch since there are a ton of yellow bullet sponge guys. You just empty clip of your main, switch to secondary and empty it, reload and switch (reload on first one now) just swapping back and forth and you won't run out of ammo. Could also have a 1 bullet pistol I guess.

Not useful for missions/etc since there are bullet boxes every hallway but useful in the outside world and maybe Dark Zone.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A friend of mine is trying to get me to play this. I'm not really a Call of Duty, battlefield, or arena type of person, but I enjoy shooter looters like Destiny/Anthem. I rarely spend retail price on games, I'm cheap. So I'm just kind of looking for references on the game? Am I just missing the boat? Have I missed the boat starting this late? etc.

Fadaar

That guy
Haven't missed shit, you can get caught up in a day. Maybe two days but really all the time would be spent just getting to level 30. Would recommend. You can group up with your friend and have him do some control points or missions with you and give you all the World Tier 4 450 ilvl gear so you're ready to roll as soon as you hit 30.

Hosix

All labs matter!
A friend of mine is trying to get me to play this. I'm not really a Call of Duty, battlefield, or arena type of person, but I enjoy shooter looters like Destiny/Anthem. I rarely spend retail price on games, I'm cheap. So I'm just kind of looking for references on the game? Am I just missing the boat? Have I missed the boat starting this late? etc.

No it’s all good. Catching up can be super fast. Have clans on all systems.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They stealth nerfed dialed in if you didn't notice I think in the last patch. I'm also using Sharpshooter primarily and because of it I'm either maxed or close to max stability with every weapon so it's a wasted talent at the moment. Same boat as you with around 140 played, but I'm pretty much as min/maxed as I can get while trying to keep specific talents and the inability to recalibrate more than 1 slot. Been sitting at 457GS without a usable upgrade drop in literally an entire week of play.
Yeah, about where I am too, although only 100ish hours. Think I'm 457 as well. Really just waiting on WT5 so I can get serious.

Last week has just been finishing side quests, farming keys, finishing up specializations, and farming blueprints. I kind of stopped paying attention to item drops.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
With a proper group, you can power level in less than 3 days. You won't have ideal or optimized gear, but a full kit of 450 gear with even the shittiest traits is fully capable of completing anything currently offered. Once you hit WT4 you can have someone reset vendors and just buy all 450 shit. Or just do a single encounter and have everyone drop their shitty stuff or whatever piece needs to be swapped. You'll want your gear score to be 450 at this point to ensure the drops you get are 400+. Less than that and you'll still see gear from the lower ilvl tier.

I have only 80'ish hours logged so far and I was able to complete the hardest available content a long time ago. One big difference between Div 1 and Div 2 is that you can fully gear out doing open world content, where in Div 1 you had to suckle at the teet of the latest shit "raid". Currently, +4 Bounties are the shit for farming loot. But you could easily do any of the strongholds, capture points, pretty much anything that involves shooting a target, and potentially get an upgrade. Hell, you could be a cheese dick and run around reseting vendors for gear (which you should also do if you're shy on avg ilvl).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Figures I get the ideal AK setup (yay 7.62 extended mag finally) the day before next WT. Well, third trait isn't ideal I guess but it rolling Allegro and high damage (assuming my math is right, 12953 out of a possible 9401 - 13749 range) is pretty great.

111.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You're looking at the normalized stats, and don't even have ideal traits. Far from ideal, actually. And the mag stats will change tomorrow.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
The new mission is cool and cant wait to run it a few more times! Sooo much stuff to do and the clan vendor actually sells kinda useful things now. Dont forget to claim that clan cache today and the commendations if you havent in a while.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Can't wait to play this when I get home :)

• 1Mother of God

spronk

FPS noob
The new mission is cool and cant wait to run it a few more times! Sooo much stuff to do and the clan vendor actually sells kinda useful things now. Dont forget to claim that clan cache today and the commendations if you havent in a while.

shouldn't you wait until your are GS 500 to claim the cache, since it locks drops to your current gearscore when you claim it? I believe the clan cache reset is every wednesday night so you have a good 5 days or so before a new one pops up.

People saying the new mission is really cool, looking forward to trying it. A few people have gotten a new exotic drop, "Pestilence" an LMG that will release a toxic gas cloud if you hit an enemy with 20 bullets. Sounds though like the gun damage itself is kinda lame.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So they've nerfed all weapon mods, nerfed crit builds to shit, and nerfed all skills. And they also didn't adjust enemy armor/hp.

My guess is anything on challenging or higher difficulty is going to suck ass for at least the next week.

Wish I'd knocked out the last dozen or so CP3's I needed before the patch.

Edit: Also, holy shit at how bad the LMG exotic is. What the fuck? Why even bother?

p2qaWwh.png
oVNANxx.png

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So they've nerfed all weapon mods, nerfed crit builds to shit, and nerfed all skills. And they also didn't adjust enemy armor/hp.

My guess is anything on challenging or higher difficulty is going to suck ass for at least the next week.

Wish I'd knocked out the last dozen or so CP3's I needed before the patch.

Edit: Also, holy shit at how bad the LMG exotic is. What the fuck? Why even bother?

p2qaWwh.png
oVNANxx.png

I guess you hit elites 20x. They and others get dick rot. 200% damage increase! So a whopping 12K damage. Ya. Why bother.

• 1Truth!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The weapon mod changes make me think the dude who designed them with +/- is a spiteful prick who just said, "Oh, you don't like my mods? You don't want negatives? Well, fuck you then, I'll just make them all dogshit, let's see how you like them now!"

Both the 5.56 and 7.62 mags got gimped down to +10 rounds. Pretty sure that makes FAMAS the best AR like my prediction that I really did not want to come true. Mostly since the FAMAS handles like shit no matter how much stability you have. Strangely, the 9mm extended mag got bumped UP to +20 rounds, but that's because it still has a drawback (-reload speed). Maybe the Study Extended 5.56/7.62 Mags will end up being the same, but the spreadsheet says they're from weekly projects and not CP3's. Could be a long fucking time before some people get lucky with that, if it's true. [Edit: People on reddit who had the Sturdy mags pre-patch are saying they've been removed from the game.]

EXPS3 sight is now elite dmg and there's no CHC scope at all. No CHC muzzles except for SMGs. Laser pointers got nerfed, but the Demo spec one is still 7% at least (but also still annoying because every time you change specs to get ammo you have to re-equip the mod on your guns). Net change, I lost 17% CHC on my AR and 7% on my SMG.

Specific-weapon dmg rolls on gloves got nerfed a bit. Cap on mine varied from 11-13% and now they're all 10%.

Didn't notice any nerfs to skills, but I only use chem/hive still. New chem controls are awkward as hell. I had just gotten used to pressing L1 once to use it, and now we're back to pressing it twice to drop the chems at your feet. Actual heal doesn't seem any less than it was, still fast CD, etc. Not sure if they fixed the issue with revive hive not working if you'd just used another skill.

I'm noticing some strange behavior while trying to get my gear score up. Like I did a bounty right away and stuff dropped at close to 470 from it. But if I fast travel around to loot crates at CPs that are green, I get shit that's around 451-455. Can't tell yet if there was a nerf to open world boxes or if it's just some weirdness from the WT4->5 transition.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The new mission was fun but stressful at the last part with stuff on a timer.

I got 2 green masks. Not sure how I feel yet about the sets.

Looking forward to gearing up again. :)