The Division 2

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I did the stronghold, multiple missions, and queued for bounties. Did not see a single sig ammo drop.

I think I saw 3 total ammo drop doing all the missions and the stronghold and capitol again... and it was singles instead of 2 like it used to be.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's another maintenance tomorrow morning, hopefully that takes care of the signature ammo problem.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
I'm a bit sad to see they nerfed Roosevelt island a bit to make it easier for solo folk. I just hit 30 yesterday and did that shit and fuck...! That was really hard and fun and Hard!
It took my ass nearly an hour of throwing myself at it again and again and again. Nice scenario and full of mistakes that kill you near insta dead.

Pretty fun Gun Puzzle game! I was feeling pretty bored with the last bits of the base scenario as it was pretty much all the same shit but with different faces and places after a while. Lots of rinse and repeat.
I'm blown away that they managed to make an -Oh so You made it to the End eh Here lets wipe out everything you did- and it's really fun and super hard again instead of yet more simpleish dodge/heal/weave.
Black Tusk fuckers are vicious! Fuck those bomb disposal robots! Yay to being challenged again though.

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Ran a bunch of bounties, and a few missions on challenging in t5. Ouch. Had a blast though. Seems your Field Cache is the way to go to level gear score. Looting boxes were lower level stuff. I hope that changes when i hit cap or the grind is gonna be brutal. Have all 500's except knees, holster and gloves.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I use 1) chem launcher, 2) revive hive. Settings => Key Mapping:
Use Agent Skill 1: NONE
Use Agent Skill 2: NONE
Instant Use Agent Skill 1: Q
Instant Use Agent Skill 2: NONE
Q will now insta-cast a healing circle on me, without targeting bullshit etc. And I can't put the revive hive on a cooldown by accidentally fatfingering E.
If you want to play a medic then bind the first two to something (also, sometimes it can help if you precast the hive in a safe spot in case you might die to fire/aoe so it doesn't get destroyed before it revives you).

About the patch, mild fun killer. My M44 sniper is now doing more damage than M700 and it reloads almost twice as fast (2 less bullets though, but still). I'm using LMG/MMR so only the weapon mods change sucks for me. +20%/negative => 5% crit chance is retarded.

Vorph

This shit went from fun...to shit.
There's a lot of changes in the new patch that I don't like, and I really hate what they've done to skill builds compared to Div 1, but the game itself is still just as easy as it was at WT4. And that's with me still using 4 pieces of armor that are 450-465 GS. If anything the open world is easier; aside from CPs and bounties I rarely even bother going into cover unless I run into an elite convoy or a deck of cards dude with his crew.

I think there's something really wrong with the new GS formula. Not just how you can be GS505 and still have shit drop as low as 490 (like my otherwise-godroll P416 did right before I called it a night), but I'm also finding that nothing is dropping with higher stat caps than the stuff I stashed at WT4. I have a 14% CHC holster and I've yet to see a new one drop with anything higher than 9%, even on single-stat brands. Same with DtE on masks. I think the highest I've found is 32%, while I have half a dozen saved from WT4 that were 35-44%. The new 498 mask I'm using right now capped out at 29% too, despite being the same brand that I've had 36% on in the past. It's almost like the items have higher armor rolls due to the higher GS, but the overall stat cap didn't increase so the new armor values are making it so the other stat rolls are lower.

Anyone know if the "Rugged Mini Reflex Sight" (the only CHC sight we have now) is from CP3's or if it's more faggotry like the Sturdy mags. Did my weekly project last night and got the utterly worthless 7.62 Loud Vent Brake as my reward...yay. Not that it will help much, being a micro-rail sight. That means it only fits on CTAR for ARs, and the small SMGs like T821.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
If anything the open world is easier; aside from CPs and bounties

Which is what I was running...

My LMG is all over the place. Makes the game crap.

Plus the ridonkoulous amount of rushing and flanking makes this not fun also.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I get that lower gear score items can technically roll higher stats, but having a GS500 player get lower level items makes the gear grind sound unbearable.

I spent dozens of hours grinding trying to get a gear set at 450 because there's so much RNG built in.

• Get a yellow instead of purple
  • Get the correct brand set
  • Get the correct mix of red/blue/yellow attributes you're looking for
  • Hopefully get at least one of those attributes with a decent roll so you can recalibrate the other
  • Get 2 or 3 workable talents
  • Get non-shitty rolls on things like DPS for weapons
  • Recalibrate to try to get as close to "perfect" as possible

When you throw in lower level items dropping, it adds another bullet point to the very beginning, thereby decreasing the chance of every single thing below it.

spronk

FPS noob
recalibrating gear at WT5 takes an insane amount of the shitty mats to farm, definitely slows things down since otherwise you could just constantly recalibrate to GS up. I think once a slot has anything in your inv/stash ABOVE 500 you will start getting only 500 drops (490 purp) but until then the range is X-500.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Even d1 didn't work that way in the end for drops of wt5, you still got drops below the cap because of stat roll ranges and had to optimize to get it up to and over the cap.
I mean agree too much rng is going on right now, and the recal table isn't enough to help ease that grind. D1 had the optimization table and also classified gear able to recal 2 things on it.

Those two things would help a lot, but we're 3 weeks in, 1 day into wt5, sets still need to be fully introduced, I can cut them some slack for a little bit until I see it play out. I don't know why people went ham on farming at wt4 when we all knew wt5 was still coming.

Vorph

Which is what I was running...

My LMG is all over the place. Makes the game crap.

Plus the ridonkoulous amount of rushing and flanking makes this not fun also.
Well, I meant I still have to go into cover there, but challenging/+3 isn't any worse than before. Missions aren't bad either, other than Heroic being a colossal waste of time.

I've never liked LMGs much, especially on console. People talk about them being like laser beams with a really small reticule that tightens even further instantly, but in my experience they still kick all over the damn place.

Rushing and flanking are pretty much the same as before, except they at least did nerf the Thrower dudes SMGs so they can't kill you in a second now.

I get that lower gear score items can technically roll higher stats, but having a GS500 player get lower level items makes the gear grind sound unbearable.
On one hand I definitely agree that Div 1 had a perfectly good GS system and I don't know why they insist on fucking with something that wasn't broken. Realistically though, a couple less GS doesn't really make or break an item. My 491 P416 I've been bitching about for example. It still has about 15k base damage which I think is an extremely high roll for that weapon type; it's for sure a lot higher than any other AR I have seen, especially when coupled with 825RPM after Allegro. It's pretty much the ideal AR, and only a retarded GS system would make something like that drag your score down.

recalibrating gear at WT5 takes an insane amount of the shitty mats to farm, definitely slows things down since otherwise you could just constantly recalibrate to GS up. I think once a slot has anything in your inv/stash ABOVE 500 you will start getting only 500 drops (490 purp) but until then the range is X-500.
Nah, all my slots have stuff equipped or stashed that's 500+ now and I still get 491's.

Even d1 didn't work that way in the end for drops of wt5, you still got drops below the cap because of stat roll ranges and had to optimize to get it up to and over the cap.
I mean agree too much rng is going on right now, and the recal table isn't enough to help ease that grind. D1 had the optimization table and also classified gear able to recal 2 things on it.

Those two things would help a lot, but we're 3 weeks in, 1 day into wt5, sets still need to be fully introduced, I can cut them some slack for a little bit until I see it play out. I don't know why people went ham on farming at wt4 when we all knew wt5 was still coming.
Div 1 didn't work that way, but Div 2 did at WT4. It's clearly a nerf to the way things worked, but it's a nerf made to support a fundamentally broken GS system.

As to why people went ham farming WT4, I saw this coming. It was already clear GS meant fuck-all, and it was easy to see that a 95% optimized ~450 build would shit all over a bunch of random WT5 drops that were just higher GS. Guns are fairly easy to replace, but the gear is insanely rare to find stuff with the exact brand + stat colors + talents that you need. That I already have two pieces replaced at 490+ I consider a minor miracle.

As for optimization station, they could change their minds but I'm pretty sure they have said in a SotG before that they don't want to bring that back. Which makes even less sense now that GS500+ people get drops down to GS491. Like I said though, I can ignore GS. What I can't ignore is that guns have a damage range that is roughly +/-20% and a minimum damage gun is practically useless no matter how well its talents roll. No way to ever fix that without optimization station.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I agree with Vorph. I wanted to test out builds. I didn't quite anticipate that they'd jack up the crit hit builds so bad, nor completely rework mods, but I still have a better idea of what I want because of the time I spent farming WT4.

Speaking of, I wish I'd done more CP3's, because blueprint drops do indeed look broken. You get a grey icon when you finish, but no text, and nothing in my station at the White House. As is, I'm missing about 9 or 10 mods now.

Also, I've had 2 P416's drop at 480+, and they both had 15k+ damage (483 and 492 I think?). Not sure if luck, or if you're wrong and they all roll high damage.

Vorph

Also, I've had 2 P416's drop at 480+, and they both had 15k+ damage (483 and 492 I think?). Not sure if luck, or if you're wrong and they all roll high damage.
Mine is 16.somethingK on the gun, when I say base dmg I mean I divided out my AR/wpn damage bonuses. My old one (a 490) was like 2k less damage.

CPs seem to be a crap shoot, like maybe you can get dupes now? I did a couple that gave nothing, then a couple more gave me some brand gear BPs. In all cases, including doing side missions which work fine, it was just a BP icon and no text and I had to figure out what was new at the crafter. There definitely seems to be mods that only come from weekly projects though, so that's at least some of the missing ones.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
So this morning I got a Merciless rifle from a Hyena mission and its gear score popped out at 476. Is it normal for an exotic to be so low? At the time I got the drop, I hadnt upgraded my crafting bench since I hit WT5, is the weapons gs a result of that?

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
This shit went from fun...to shit.

I think my biggest gripe with the patch is that either the speed of mobs was increased and/or the game is frequently lagged and rubber-banding. It seems like it is harder for me to stay on target with moving mobs and I am wasting more ammunition.

Outside of the patch, I had my first experience with a griefer pug last night. We got to the boss fight of a mission, and one of the four players jumps from a rating of 470ish to 503. One guy immediately dropped because of it. And the third guy started complaining, let us die in the boss fight where we couldn't respawn, and stayed out of combat, preventing us from respawning for about 15 minutes until he came back from afk with 'lol sry'. Force-quitting the game doesn't even break you out of it. There needs to be an abandon group option when dead and unable to respawn.

Vorph

one of the four players jumps from a rating of 470ish to 503. One guy immediately dropped because of it.
Neither of these things make sense to me.

First guy was retarded and thinks he has to wear his 503 trash instead of his 470 stuff that was probably decent even though you can just keep the stuff in your stash?

Second guy was just plain retarded and decided to waste the time spent clearing the mission?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Been a frustrating day.
bug.PNG