The Division 2

spronk

FPS noob
I don't think there really is any reason to get the "ultimate" edition of season 1, the DLCs are free for everyone just the ultimate edition gets it a week early but 3 of the 4 are already out and I guess the last one releases like now? You also get some cosmetic shit but i doubt most people care at all.

Season 2 which starts March whatever and includes the New York xpac/dlc is an additional $30 or $40 or whatever and similar to Destiny you pretty much will need that to play alongside other people. There is a pleb version of that and an ultimate edition of that as well, dunno the diffs and if content is actually gated or just cosmetics/timing again.

Its a decent game you can sink a lot of hours into with a lot of various grinds but I thought the division 1 story was much better but maybe if you really like DC or something Div2 will scratch an itch

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I'm half-tempted to go for the season pass now to get immediate unlocks on the 3 new special weapons instead of jumping through whatever hoops there were to unlock them. But that's probably just me being lazy and rewarding them for it.

Also, I found it funny they are replacing field proficiency caches with paragon points from Diablo. Pretty much just straight lifting it.

Hosix

All labs matter!
So I have been messing around with this. I completed the exotic holster. It’s pretty nice even to get the reload perk. Took me a couple days but completed it.

Hard part was the level 4 control points.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Grabbed this and the xpac since I just never got around to playing it at launch. The UBisoft coupon worked for me btw.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Interesting concept...since they are completely overhauling everything, you could pick up the game on March 3, get the automatic level to 30, and never have to worry about all the old loot system leveling content again

Edit: duuhhhh realized that it was pretty much like any other game / expansion and then I accidentally hit "post." Disregard the obvious

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do we need to get Season 2 Season pass for this? Or just get the expansion?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure just the expansion. There's seasonal activities for both basic and season pass holders, but the season pass will have some extra content, cosmetics, and maybe some missions. That's as I understand it at least. Having been paying too much attention to it and it is always prone to bait-and-switch tactics anyway.

Edit: source
Anyone who owns Warlords of New York will have access to all Seasonal content for free. Those who wish to gain additional rewards when gaining Season Levels can purchase a Season Pass unlocking an additional track of gear from that Seasons’ loot table, seasonal apparel, apparel keys, crafting materials and more. To keep the playing field fair, we made sure all gameplay affecting rewards on the additional reward track can be attained through normal playing. Gear available in the Premium track will be non-curated random rolls.

Premium Progression track
Each Season has two progression tracks. One that is free for everybody and a Premium Progression track. You need to purchase access to the Premium Track and it gives you more rewards. But there is no exclusive game changing gear on the Premium track it is just more of the same equipment and they are of course random rolled. The only thing truly exclusive are the apparel items that you get from the Premium track.

The exact price of the Premium Track is still in discussion.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Couldn't say no to this for 3 bucks. Any tips for someone starting off brand new after the recent changes? I played 1 but don't know shit about 2.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Do missions at the levels listed, you can keep side missions till later as their exp scales, clear zones and their projects for some good exp. Other than that put shade points into the bonus exp stuff first, pick up either fixer drone(probably best) or restorer hive or reinforcer chem launcher for heals, or reviver hive if you think you'll die a lot solo. Leveling is easy and smoother than D1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
You'll generally be doing a main mission (orange marker? can't remember) and then a couple of side missions before being in the next even level for the next main mission. Don't worry about saving side missions, you should hit 30 with a few left to do if you've been doing random stuff out in the world or even if you don't. There's scripted content all the way up through 30.

Then the world tier progression is just gated by gear level which might take a bit of grinding out control points and killing random enemies or doing bounties just for raw drops. Always keep a high gear score item in your inventory so that the game drops higher stuff than it. Don't need to have it equipped.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Thanks guys. What kind of time investment are we talking prior to hitting the 30 endgame grind?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you’re pushing hard to 30 maybe 20 hours? It might have taken longer when the game first came out but I feel like it only took me 2 or 3 weeks of playing a couple hours a night to get 30.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Craft yourself a police M16? M15? I forget, but you can keep crafting them a few levels apart and they are one of the best leveling weapons. At least they were the best when released. I think you get the recipe from a quest early on. Keep an eye out for military m15 too, drop only, they are good too.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Police M4. Yeah, use the crafted ones, unless you have a P416 drop.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Second the crafted police m4, thing is a beast for leveling up. M60 or a 249b isn't bad either if you're in a place where you need suppressive fire.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Police M4. Yeah, use the crafted ones, unless you have a P416 drop.
P416 was nerfed, so it's not really the drop to look for anymore. Police M4 and FAMAS are the two best ARs now, and both can be crafted. Well, best on paper anyway. FAMAS does slightly more damage since they fixed the magazine but the recoil is garbage tier even playing with a mouse so I would never recommend it over the laser-accurate M4. You also get access to the M4 blueprint at something like level 7 or 8, and FAMAS is much much later IIRC. If you get a FAMAS drop while leveling it's worth trying out... some people swear by it, though I have no idea why.

M60 or a 249b isn't bad either if you're in a place where you need suppressive fire.
This was my preference when I re-leveled my character on PC too. 100-round LMGs are much better for story-mode activities than an AR with no extra rounds or just a +10 round magazine. I liked a rifle in the other slot, but when I didn't have a good one drop for a while I'd settle for a crafted M4.

--------------------------------------
Back on the topic of the expansion... I find it interesting that they finally seem to be admitting that Div 1 was the superior game in just about every way (even right down to its location). Now if they'd just wake the fuck up and bring back the optimization station. Even if it's only for guns. It's pants-on-head retarded that the weapon damage roll on a gun can never be changed, when the ridiculously large range between high and low makes it so that even a perfect set of perks on a low roll gun is fodder. The only reason I had fun with the game while playing on PC was because I had a Pyromaniac drop with something like a 98% damage roll, and that particular gun was useful for a couple of the stronger builds.

I'll still check out the expansion for a while though, kind of a no-brainer when Uplay+ includes the Ultimate edition.

Last edited:

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Unlocked world tier 4, and holy shit stuff is all a bullet sponge. This made me stop playing Division 1 when it first came out. I understand gear progression, but jesus H Christ a purple takes like 500 rounds lol