The Division 2

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
But this is all supposed to be fixed, right? You now can "store" item mods to put them on other weapons? So you don't actually have to keep the piece of armor or weapon in your stash?

It makes one aspect (getting the trifecta or quadfecta of desired rolls) somewhat easier. As long as you have a good bank of rolls across different stats built up, as long as you get 2/3 or 3/4, you are OK. That part of it right now is the bullshit that has people with hundreds of items in the stash but still get more convenient when the change goes in.

IMO what Div1 did right (eventually) was 2 things. The optimization station that you eventually get a max rolled item. The other was the classified set pieces that could have 2 stats rerolled. That reduced the RNG burden of getting trifectas greatly.

It made it somewhat time consuming, but not impossible to get a "finished" loadout. And I don't think it hurt retention, at least not for me, because after I finished a set, what did I do? Start farming and tweaking another set. I sort of wish D3 had that system as well but I know botters and poopsockers would find a way to ruin it.

Last edited:

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The continuously changing talents on gear from patch to patch also completely killed any reason to try to make a build better with good rolls since that gear could all be trash in a month after they do another derpshit balance pass.

Like, I logged in this weekend and found out that +20% to HP and elite damage are now talents that don't stack. But why does my HP in my character sheet change when I put 2 +20% HP talented gear pieces on? Shit is still fucked in the display department.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
No, because what if you get a seizure and they couldn’t warn you about it?

I wonder if someone has ever had a seizure while looking at a seizure warning.

Also, I would very much like someone to do a scientific study about how much electricity/time is wasted on unskippable bullshit at the start of video games

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I had a seizure once. In destiny 2 using one of the weapons that has a flashy red blob that gets bigger and bigger, I remember feeling really sick to my stomach right before I saw a big flash of light then it was lights out. But a big caveat, I was hung over like a mo-fo and didnt sleep well. Only time I had one. Scary as fuck. My wife heard me keel over on my chair to the floor and she woke me out of it. I didnt play games for a solid few months after that, lol. Still dont play them after I drink the day before.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I had a seizure once. In destiny 2 using one of the weapons that has a flashy red blob that gets bigger and bigger, I remember feeling really sick to my stomach right before I saw a big flash of light then it was lights out. But a big caveat, I was hung over like a mo-fo and didnt sleep well. Only time I had one. Scary as fuck. My wife heard me keel over on my chair to the floor and she woke me out of it. I didnt play games for a solid few months after that, lol. Still dont play them after I drink the day before.

I guess this means you are out for Drunken game weekend.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I wish I could enjoy the beauty of this game but it runs like garbage on my system. Need to keep everything on low, feels like I'm playing a PS4 game.

Aside from that you could tell me I'm still playing Div1 and I literally couldn't point out any differences.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I wish I could enjoy the beauty of this game but it runs like garbage on my system. Need to keep everything on low, feels like I'm playing a PS4 game.

Aside from that you could tell me I'm still playing Div1 and I literally couldn't point out any differences.

Yeah my kid had the same problem. Not even an old system, I think his was an i5 6700? With a 1070 Anyway his proc would be at 99% while running this game. something definitely funky with this game and some systems.

I on the other hand have a i5 9800 6 core with a 1070 and it runs butter smooth at 120+ FPS

We upgraed his PC early fall with a AMD 3700x, new mo bo and ram ($700ish) and now hes got no problems with the game, although he no longer plays it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Snowdrop has a nasty mix of being reliant on both high IPC and cores, so older i5's just don't cut it due to having fewer cores and lacking hyperthreading. Your i5 has more cores and HT, as well as a higher IPC.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Snowdrop has a nasty mix of being reliant on both high IPC and cores, so older i5's just don't cut it due to having fewer cores and lacking hyperthreading. Your i5 has more cores and HT, as well as a higher IPC.

Meh there is more than that to it, becuse while fcking around with my kids old system it was not usin his entire proc like it should have. It was taxing one core to 99% the rest were near nothing. Also while I was investigating this issue there was a slew of people having it with a i5 4 core and others which didn't, even if they had older 4 core i5s than my kids. So this is something more than "you have an old processor and not enough cores/processes" Some people even with the SAME PROC as my kids were having no issues.

I went down the rabbit hole on this one, tried a slew of fixes I read about on all sorts of forums, but alas, none worked.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Meh there is more than that to it, becuse while fcking around with my kids old system it was not usin his entire proc like it should have. It was taxing one core to 99% the rest were near nothing. Also while I was investigating this issue there was a slew of people having it with a i5 4 core and others which didn't, even if they had older 4 core i5s than my kids. So this is something more than "you have an old processor and not enough cores/processes"

That single core hitting 99% is where the IPC comes into play. No number of cores in the world is going to help when the heaviest burden is hitting the upper limits of what the CPU can handle on a single core.

For what it's worth, even my OC'd 8700k is limited in the game because a single core pegs up to 100%, but I'm also playing well above 60fps which taxes the cpu even more.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So why then did other people with the same proc not experience the same 99% issue my kid was having? even older i5s with shittier IPC? I dont buy it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So why then did other people with the same proc not experience the same 99% issue my kid was having? even older i5s with shittier IPC? I dotn buy it.

Because feedback from people on the internet is inherently unreliable. Trust the numbers you can see for yourself. If one of his cores is pegging 100% while the performance is not to your/his liking, and there's no other obvious bottleneck (like the GPU also sitting at 100%) then that is your bottleneck.

Edit: If you also own either of the two latest Assassin's Creed games, you would probably also see the same situation as you're seeing with Div2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My rig is a Ryzen 5 2600X, Radeon R9 390 and 16GB RAM. I can run Destiny 2 on high and stream it no problem but this game performs terribly.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I have an I5 2300 and a 1050ti, and while I can't run the game on ultra, after a bit of tweaking at launch it looks great and runs smooth.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Seem to recall a setting you could lower that would drastically improve performance on I5's. Reduced distance or something would lower the strain on the cpu.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Damnit dude I hate when this shit happens. I just bought this game at $30 because I thought that was a decent deal at the time and now there’s basically no point in playing until this new expansion. Oh well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I can't do endgame in Division. I don't remember what game it was, but instead of an easy setting, it called it 'sometimes after a hard day at work you just want to come home and kick ass'

I only made it to World Tier 4, but man once control points level up a bit, or I try a bounty, I went from actually kicking ass for the most part, to some chump who dies in one hit (usually from yellow mobs spawning 10 feet behind me) and takes 400 hits to kill a baddie when there's 5 waves. Oh and if you die, you start all waves over / lose the bounty!

Gorgeous, was fun going through the initial game, but after the end scene, it gets frustrating quick.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I loved the level up experience of Division 2 (same with Division 1), but the whole concept of World Tiers just made me stop once I got to 30. Never made it to WT2