The Division 2

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Writing and voice acting is terrible. Really bizarre texture pop (signs, graffiti) that doesn't go away. Unfortunately only one of those problems can be fixed after the beta ends.

Feels like Division 1 except instead of frostbite everyone has swamp ass.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Holy fuck turn off HDR. Completely fucking broken. Worse than RDR2! How is that even fucking possible.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Man I miss the snowy aesthetic.

Otherwise feels like Division 1 with some new crap and it runs well so definitely going to be picking up.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Writing and voice acting is terrible. Really bizarre texture pop (signs, graffiti) that doesn't go away. Unfortunately only one of those problems can be fixed after the beta ends.

Feels like Division 1 except instead of frostbite everyone has swamp ass.

Yeah, you can tell they did all this shit years ago because its the exact same shit as year 1 Division.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Buggier than SHIT on PS Pro. HDR completely broken. Looks like they are pulling the same SDR in HDR range rockstar did. As soon as I started the theater mission this sound bug proceeded to squeal a high pitched tone for the entire mission and then after said mission. Have to reboot the damn game to get rid of it.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I’m going to download the X1X version and see if it is any better.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Buggier than SHIT on PS Pro. HDR completely broken. Looks like they are pulling the same SDR in HDR range rockstar did. As soon as I started the theater mission this sound bug proceeded to squeal a high pitched tone for the entire mission and then after said mission. Have to reboot the damn game to get rid of it.

On PC, I encountered that high pitch tone I think. It was alternating left speaker to right for me. Then the game crashed. I turned off all overlays I could think of, switched back from DX 12 to DX11. I keep trying to turn off VSync but it comes back on...And the game predictably crashes over and over again after a couple barely enough time to kill the second group of guys on the way to the Whitehouse lawn.

Only thing left to try is a re-install.

And yeah the writing is totally disposable. Why even bother.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On PC, I encountered that high pitch tone I think. It was alternating left speaker to right for me. Then the game crashed. I turned off all overlays I could think of, switched back from DX 12 to DX11. I keep trying to turn off VSync but it comes back on...And the game predictably crashes over and over again after a couple barely enough time to kill the second group of guys on the way to the Whitehouse lawn.

Only thing left to try is a re-install.

And yeah the writing is totally disposable. Why even bother.
And yet I've played a little over 4 hours, done a bunch of missions, and other things, and haven't crashed once?

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't had any issues with bugs so far, though controls are a little wonky for me at times. So far it has been fun, been exploring, and trying to engage in as much combat as possible, and it seems okay. Not high enough yet to have run into complete bullet sponge fights, but I know they will be there. I noped out on the first Division, and so far this one isn't showing me anything that is going to bring me into the fold, but I want to like it, so I'll hope it turns out better than I anticipate it will be.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
And yet I've played a little over 4 hours, done a bunch of missions, and other things, and haven't crashed once?

I had something similar happen with Far Cry 3, but I turned off a whole bunch of windows 10 stuff and it went away. Out of ideas for the night.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Wow! This game is so realistic! They've really captured the feeling of downtown Portland. I have to admit I do feel a little bad about stealing food from bums though.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So Xbox one X is NIGHT and DAY difference. HDR works and looks fantastic. I acreen tearing. Smoother controls. Not one bug yet. Going to try the theater mission and see if I run into that sound bug again. The PS Pro version is so fucking broke compared to this.

spronk spronk download both and check to make sure I’m not going nuts.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok more play time. No bugs. No screen tearing. Faster input response. Load times are halved. HDR works, graphics look wonderful. Gameplay and gunplay is fun. Holy shit did they fuck the PS4 version. So glad I played on the X1X to see the differences. Sucks because most people I know playing this will be on PS4.

Who here will play Xbox one X? I don’t dare play this on PS Pro now.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
The controls felt pretty tight, things are less spongy, 8/10 will preorder since Div 1 was good enough for me to get my moneys worth and then some.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
How did the last beta play on your PS4Pro? Everything was fine here, but I'm about to fire up this beta now. I don't enable HDR on my projector as it'll only do 30hz. SDR is fine when you're projectin' away all the brightness.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Hmm, seems fine on the pro to me. I actually...am having fun with this so far. I'm kind of shocked.

I guess we'll see how it goes but I'm switching to PC for release just because that's where my copy is.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya this seems overall like a tighter, better experience than Anthem - I do prefer anthem combat though, and it’s much prettier but this seems to have a bit more depth

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Yeah just wrapped up for the night. No real issues other than the sound flaking out after a 4 hour session - known bug.