The Division 2

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
With an optimized build you can melt mobs, synergized talents and set bonuses and gear score do make a difference, you're still a tier away from the top. Division was never meant to be a pure run and gun game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Just picked this up for $2.99

I really enjoyed the first The Division. I just got a new gaming computer so this should be awesome!

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
This game was a huge amount of hours of fun until you get to the end game and try to do builds... that part wont be 'fixed' until the xpac in March supposedly.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game was a huge amount of hours of fun until you get to the end game and try to do builds... that part wont be 'fixed' until the xpac in March supposedly.
Yea, no point at this point until March 3rd other than to prep for March 3rd!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thing that ruined it was that each piece of gear had like 6 stats/mods on it and they were all RNG, so yeah good luck scoring that perfect, or even GOOD piece of gear. The whole respec thing, or getting a stat off of another piece was ok until you found out you could only do it one time if im remembering right. I like me some RNG in games, makes it interesting, but this was just a fucking mess. then you had to balance your build with having the proper skills, crit chance, crit dmg, dmg against elites...etc... So then inventory became a nightmare too. Because youre keeping shit for one good rolled stat hoping you can upgrade another item with it later, etc... SO now you have 200 items in the bank and youre like WTF is all this shit, and quit the game in disgust.

Also like I said in my other posts, the mobs all become boring because they are all the same. I never bothered with WT5 but I camped the shit out of WT4 when it was out and it just got old. No variation. The bosses were all heavy bullet sponges that 1-2 shot you. Then you had the gangsta yellow fuckers coming at you with their SMG giving no fucks, 3 people spraying him and he would still face roll you when youre crouched behind some box. Or those bitches that would rush you and beat you with a stick while youre stuck behind cover. Or the hammer gods with 3 ft of armor running full sprint to give you a taste of their sledge...

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Thing that ruined it was that each piece of gear had like 6 stats/mods on it and they were all RNG, so yeah good luck scoring that perfect, or even GOOD piece of gear. The whole respec thing, or getting a stat off of another piece was ok until you found out you could only do it one time if im remembering right. I like me some RNG in games, makes it interesting, but this was just a fucking mess. then you had to balance your build with having the proper skills, crit chance, crit dmg, dmg against elites...etc... So then inventory became a nightmare too. Because youre keeping shit for one good rolled stat hoping you can upgrade another item with it later, etc... SO now you have 200 items in the bank and youre like WTF is all this shit, and quit the game in disgust.

Also like I said in my other posts, the mobs all become boring because they are all the same. I never bothered with WT5 but I camped the shit out of WT4 when it was out and it just got old. No variation. The bosses were all heavy bullet sponges that 1-2 shot you. Then you had the gangsta yellow fuckers coming at you with their SMG giving no fucks, 3 people spraying him and he would still face roll you when youre crouched behind some box. Or those bitches that would rush you and beat you with a stick while youre stuck behind cover. Or the hammer gods with 3 ft of armor running full sprint to give you a taste of their sledge...
It got hard for sure, but more so than other games, I seemed to get caught up in the group play a lot. Of the people on my friends list across all platforms, I think this one seemed to work out the best to get people together to play. Was a good time for a while playing with everyone.

I just realized I have the Year 1 Season Pass, so this gets me all the latest stuff, but I haven't played in a while, maybe I need to re-install and get caught up before March 3rd?

• 1Like

Vorph

How much is uPlay+? What games you play with it?
$15. Div 2 mostly, Ghost Recon until I realized it was utter dogshit compared to Wildlands (which wasn't even that great), etc. Pretty much every Ubi game is on it, though it doesn't do me that much good since I already played all the good ones on PS4. I just sub for a month at a time when I feel like playing something and cancel immediately.

I just realized I have the Year 1 Season Pass, so this gets me all the latest stuff, but I haven't played in a while, maybe I need to re-install and get caught up before March 3rd?
Farming loot would be pointless, but you could do the mini-missions that come with the season pass. And there's the new specs. You have them unlocked automatically but you can still do the checklists to unlock the cosmetics, plus get them to 160/160.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I played on the PS at launch but now I want to play on the PC, however I can’t bring myself to play through everything again. They really need to do Destiny 2’s cross save thing.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I played on the PS at launch but now I want to play on the PC, however I can’t bring myself to play through everything again. They really need to do Destiny 2’s cross save thing.

Good news! You can buy the Warlords of New York expansion. It comes with an item that bumps you to level 30. That way you can start right at the previous end game and roll into the expansion. Division 2 Warlords of New York | Ubisoft Store

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Leveling is not the problem though, a few casual nights and you will eventually get there and have fun doing it. It's all the grinding you have to do for all those weapon attachment recipes that take time. The scopes, grips and mags which sometimes make the guns in the end game. Yeah that shit took a while.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Leveling is not the problem though, a few casual nights and you will eventually get there and have fun doing it. It's all the grinding you have to do for all those weapon attachment recipes that take time. The scopes, grips and mags which sometimes make the guns in the end game. Yeah that shit took a while.

I have a good time doing it the first time. I just don’t like doing it repeatedly and seeing all the useless drops you get until you’re finally getting stuff that matters.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider

So much this. A: the RNG levels in loot games these days is just dumb. At least have a solid and predicable base to go off of then RNG some of the Talents (whatever they call the unique stuff at the bottom of the stat window) and shit. OR allow us an unlimited amount of reforges on the base stats and no recourse on the talents. Something. Pure RNG just blows especially if you are trying to align so many planets as what Div 2 has. I really mis EQ's loot system. The stats may not have done dick all, and that's not what I'm referring to. But you knew a short sword of yakesha was 8/24 with the yak proc every single time. It was rare as fuck, but when you got one finally, you knew what you were getting.

B: This is why I usually don't go for ultra realistic games. It's kind of hard to have mob variety when it's based on just humans. And that's what Ubi strives for in most of their games. Division, Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs. Everybody are humans in the end, and there is only so much you can do with that. I'm really hoping Assassin's Creed goes the Nioh route and introduces some of their chosen local's mythology into the game. They have dipped their toes in the last two entries, but I think they need to take a way deeper plunge to add some variety.

• 1Like

Crone

But this is all supposed to be fixed, right? You now can "store" item mods to put them on other weapons? So you don't actually have to keep the piece of armor or weapon in your stash?

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
My bad if this has been asked before but should I start this now or wait till March 3rd when the patch comes out? I ask cause I dont wanna learn everything then have to relearn it all again or is it not going to be that big of an issue? I will probably have less than 20 hours put into it by patch time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My bad if this has been asked before but should I start this now or wait till March 3rd when the patch comes out? I ask cause I dont wanna learn everything then have to relearn it all again or is it not going to be that big of an issue? I will probably have less than 20 hours put into it by patch time.

Im sure you can start now. The story stuff leading up to WT5 probably wont change that much if at all. most of the changes in gear and all the other stuff will be at end game.

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Start a guy now and level up, please do not buy an instant level 30. This is such a beautiful game while roaming around. It will take a while to reach level 30. The early gear really has zero impact on gameplay.

The FoH clan is free to join, all you have to do is unlock the clan chick and then search for us!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Its really so cool to come out of some building after half an hour fighting inside to see the sunrise or pouring rain foggy mess. It really makes the boss fights perfect.

Toss on some headphones and play with the natural/neutral lighting options in the gfx tab near the bottom. If you have a super dark room or and have your monitor set up correctly its so perfect. It really puts you in the game a lot more being nearly blind at night and using all the light that the game provides.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users