The Division 2

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I got to 40 this morning and playing basically all day and it seems like they have you doing the same shit you were doing a year ago, lol. same loop but now even more confusing because there is no gear score to judge which difficulty you should be. I did some normal, I did some hard. Even tried 2 bounties in challenging which were umm, challenging to put it lightly lol, total bullet sponge hell, and they even heal if you leave them alone for too long. Still doable but crazy. Also, no new strongholds either in NY. Hopefully they add some.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe the world tier is based off leveling your watch now. Looks like a ton needs to be done to level it all the way up. Season starts in 5 days so maybe that speeds it up a bit.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I believe if you're already 30 you can't use the boost? I had a friend try that over the weekend it wouldn't let him, but you can use it on a character under 30, as the boost gets you to 30 gs500 and completed story, which you need to advance to ny.

My skill builds were mega fucked, skill cooldowns were fucked, my turret use to be 21s cooldown with my hardwire build then it became 16s, my seekers were around 16s cooldown became 30s cooldowns and 100k less damage, mods super randomly fucked. Btsu gloves got fucked and usable only for hive now, the blow up on deployment talent on it got moved to chest talents. The up side is with the skill tiers it also gives bonuses to skills for all the levels, so a lot less reliance on mods.

I had 300 gear stored and dumped everything into the recal library and managed to get a lot of max rolls to fix up the build a little. Went out to do a bounty and damage felt weaker, but with that same build starting in ny it felt the same as old, so I would say starting in ny at 30 the mobs felt like they're almost wt4. I hit 40 last night(I actually hit 38 clearing just two of the zones) and finished the campaign which unlocks the new shd level progression.

The new world tiers are labelled the same as missions normal to heroic(you can choose whichever you want), and probably does use the shd levels as a measure(in the end it looks like 10% boost to that stat area). I fired up challenging level with my half asses purple/gold gear and it was challenging to kill and survive in a cp3, while on challenging in dc before I would one shot everything with the seekers.

Edit: Just saw a vid with someone with hardwire build with 1million armor and shield with 7million hitpoints, stuff will get easier with proper builds.

Now to see if I can put together a decent seeker build using either brands or hardwire.

Untitled.jpg

So I got to 40 this morning and playing basically all day and it seems like they have you doing the same shit you were doing a year ago, lol. same loop but now even more confusing because there is no gear score to judge which difficulty you should be. I did some normal, I did some hard. Even tried 2 bounties in challenging which were umm, challenging to put it lightly lol, total bullet sponge hell, and they even heal if you leave them alone for too long. Still doable but crazy. Also, no new strongholds either in NY. Hopefully they add some.

I'm honestly surprised you got the expansion considering the amount of shit you give the game.

No strongholds but the seasonal play is what is going to carry the game forward using the theme of the expansion as a base, if you finished the campaign you know what I mean, talk to the season vendor and it shows you what you will be doing for the season in the next 12 weeks. You can still go back to dc and do the usual stuff as well at 40, invaded, strongholds, raids, etc.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I mean, the base game story, expansion and the missions, strongholds, etc. Are all done really well and I praise it and still do. But this game kinda did fall apart at the end and from what im seeing still does. The loot changes are cool, I guess? They took off too much from it though IMO, its all basic shit now like crit, weapon dmg, etc... Ill farm this out for a while longer and see ahts what. I guess thy added "named" items to the pool which are really good.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Is there value in picking this up if you are a person, like myself, who never went past the first endgame content blurb? I think I played until the 'raid' was released but I can't be sure to be perfectly honest.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Is there value in picking this up if you are a person, like myself, who never went past the first endgame content blurb? I think I played until the 'raid' was released but I can't be sure to be perfectly honest.
Most people quit the game the day the raid came out or the week/month before they refused to release it. If you like the game, just start a new guy with the new loot system and play for like 60 hours. After that if an extra 30-60 dollars is worth it then go for it.

I would say absolutely not though. This "dlc" wasnt and isnt worth the wait of how fucked everything was and giving them more money is a stupid idea.

Sweet game and I love it, its amazing gfx wise with the immersion. I wont be getting the dlc until its like 4 dollars. I payed my 70 bucks, they can fuck off.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Scaling is fucked.

But the riot shield with hardwired is an instant skill reset when you pull it out or put it away. And since it has no cool down itself, spam your other skill as often as you want!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have a strong feeling that I'm going to get to 40 and finish the campaign, then quit for good once the seasonal shit starts. I wish all this battlepass faggotry would fuck off back to fortnite and stay out of everything else. Hate it in Dauntless, uninstalled Destiny 2 and will never go back, and now it looks like they'll be ruining the only other game like this I still play with it.

Not sure yet whether the DLC was worth even a month of Uplay+. Was hoping that going back to NYC would be good for the nostalgia feels, but it's not the same without it being winter. I've only done the part with the decoy hacker dude, and that was far more annoying than fun especially using a skill build. Really hope the other ones are better designed.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nahh, they are all pretty much annoying, especially solo. I ran through the whole campaign solo, and the boss fights were all pretty much the same. Annoying as fuck. Each one has its own gimmick they shoot at you... LOL, then you get to the last boss.... Although I did that one with a group.

Still I think this game is well worth the $33 or $40 you will spend on it. And who knows some people might like the end game in this, its pretty much grinding for better gear, like all looter shooter, ARPG are. I do like to matchmake and run the missions/strongholds with others, those are fun, but you can only do so much of this until it gets old. Like I said, the reward system could be better to entice people more, but for some reason I think the loot in this game is all meh. And im sure partly because of the PvP and balancing issues.

The pvp in this game is aids though. IDK, I usually like me some pvp action in games like this, but for some reason this game jsut sucks at PvP, from the movement, the janky cover system, down to cheesy shit people use and do.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I bought this shit. Hopefully I won't regret it in a week or two.

I was super excited from what I read on the previews and I bought it. DLC Story/missions were 'OK'. Did a couple of missions on normal difficulty @ level 40, don't really have any desire to log in to re-grind.

/shrug

• 1Like
  • 1Triggered

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know what the new shd boxes are for from NY? They bought skill variety if I can remember but there are no variations on the new skills.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Anyone know what the new shd boxes are for from NY? They bought skill variety if I can remember but there are no variations on the new skills.
There is some new skill things at 40 i believe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's a crate in each safehouse that costs 5 SHD to open. AFAIK they don't respawn their loot so you don't want to open them before 40.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
The big yellow boxes in the safe houses. You just get gear out of them and a mini tutorial of something, not sure why they put those in there. You can get 5 each zone, 5 to open each of the 4 boxes, best to hold until 40. When you go to the quartermaster those points don't show up as points to spend on skills, all four new skills you unlock from defeating the main bosses.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So farmed a ton of hard difficulty last night, made it to SHD lv18? Or some shit? Yeah loot drops are def more rare and still getting a "good" item is rare. I think I replaced liek 2 pieces last night and I played for a good 6 hrs doing random shit in matchmaking. I honestly dont feel myself getting any more powerful. Still using the Police M4 that I crafted, have not fond anything better yet. And a DMR I found which is kinda the lower fire rate but hits really hard at like 265K per.

Im using the 2 set piece of the stuff for AR, and then other random stuff I found with a ton of dmg on it, I think the gloves I have give 13.5% dmg and the knee pads I have give 15% DMG which is the max roll. I have the chest piece with the talent to blind enemies or apply bleed. I really like this talent because it basically keeps enemies from firing back for a few seconds when they are blind and cant do shit.

But what I really want is that new "IWI" LMG, supposedly this is the new hotness. It fires at 850rpm and does way more dmg than my Police M4 per rd, and has a 100+rd capacity, but I cannot find one. I have a few set pieces I farmed for an LMG build, but I cannot find the damn gun yet.

Other than that, Im finding it a slow slog to gear up. I mean the gear IS dropping, but most of it is shit still.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
So I got to 40...still using my level 37 IWI cause it’s a beast.

Can you farm the new gear in the old areas that have specific loot? Like some areas drop LMG specifically...can you just farm it from that? I must find a new one. It’s great.