The Division

spronk

FPS noob
Someone that actually believes a console is more powerful than a PC is pants on head retarded. A Console might be better than your average PC, but no where near the capability of what a person involved in Top Tier PC Gaming would have. Ultra settings on everything, such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, the newest Crysis etc. The Division, if not tuned down, is going to look incredible on its best settings on the PC. (At least I hope!)
unfortunately its becoming less and less true with AAA games, publishers are just saying fuck it and not doing clean ports with top settings enabled or functioning. Tons and tons of recent games have had significant PC issues, things like Need for Speed Rivals being locked at 30 fps, NBA 2k14 PC using the older PS3 engine instead of the ps4/xbone engine (and hence utter shit textures), Watch Dogs having lots of PC issues and engine stuff all turned off, etc.

With no one really being a source for digital sales its hard to even track what impact PC gamers are having on sales. How well did PC Battlefield 4 or Titanfall do compared to 360, ps3, xbone, ps4 versions? There is no source of info on it, since Steam/Origin doesn't release sales figures and vgchartz/NPD only track retail sales, and I have to imagine most PC gaming is now digital purchases. Its possible PC gaming is bigger than people realize
Global PC games market revenue overtakes consoles - Industry - News - HEXUS.net

and yeah there are a TON of console fanbois who completely believe an xbone or PS4 is far, far more powerful than any PC rig you can put together, its pretty sad. a lot of PC game ports are just utter shit though, but indie games and smaller studios are really leading the charge I think

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
This seems like a hoax/fishing for page views. dudes on other forums (neogaf/reddit) have tried to check this out and it seems unverifiable

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Is it really a necro if there's new, relevant data? I mean, what do you want him to do? Start a new thread with "lol bitch, this game got delayed a second time"

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Wonder what keeps delaying this , those preview videos showed some fleshed out scenarios. Well still looking forward to play this.
It's possible they delayed it initially when they decided they couldn't beat Destiny out the gates. They were also trying to make a complete, multiplatform experience (showed iPad gameplay, at least), so I'd say that's another facet of the delays.

Beyond that, it's hard to say. Not many dev studios can afford to keep pushing out launch dates without folding. This is either some suit's pet project, or they think it will be a genre defining hit.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Wonder what keeps delaying this , those preview videos showed some fleshed out scenarios. Well still looking forward to play this.
This winter has alot of competition out for The Division - better to put it in a time frame with other things that pose a threat - Battlefront, CoD, Siege, Halo, and god knows what else.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Crazy how in just over a year Ubisoft has gone from one of the most highly rated dev company's to looked at like EA.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
IF this game doesn't cost me $176 in lotion and $212 in tissues when it releases from the fappiness, ubisoft is dead.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's possible they delayed it initially when they decided they couldn't beat Destiny out the gates. They were also trying to make a complete, multiplatform experience (showed iPad gameplay, at least), so I'd say that's another facet of the delays.

Beyond that, it's hard to say. Not many dev studios can afford to keep pushing out launch dates without folding. This is either some suit's pet project, or they think it will be a genre defining hit.
It's possible that the executive producers that were in charge of putting out rushed titles got canned after the PR debacle the last AC was...

I mean, you can only pump out shit product so long before it catches up to you.

It's likely the were originally going to try competing with destiny... and then they realized how bad destiny was, and "want to do it right".

So I'm 50/50, this game is either going be the 2nd coming of jesus, or just be a blah destiny clone... time will tell.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
With no one really being a source for digital sales its hard to even track what impact PC gamers are having on sales. How well did PC Battlefield 4 or Titanfall do compared to 360, ps3, xbone, ps4 versions? There is no source of info on it, since Steam/Origin doesn't release sales figures and vgchartz/NPD only track retail sales, and I have to imagine most PC gaming is now digital purchases. Its possible PC gaming is bigger than people realize
Global PC games market revenue overtakes consoles - Industry - News - HEXUS.net
I doubt its bigger than people realize. If it were developers wouldn't be treating it like the red head step child its turned into. Bottom line is, pricing is much firmer on consoles for games later into their lives and piracy on the next gen units is a non factor at this time. Those two things by themselves are a big reason why you're seeing PC release dates pushed back past consoles and why demand is likely much higher on console than on PC. There is a reason PC hits fire sale shortly after release and consoles are still selling them for near full price. Lets not forget the PS4 and Xbone are just starting to hit their stride. There were long stretches with no games out early this year with major releases which had been delayed for a year on PC.

If you're a PC gamer only, you're not only waiting to play titles you're missing out on a lot of quality games. Doesn't sound like any master gamer race to me. This coming from someone who loves PC gaming and is disappointed in how things have changed but its foolish to try and not admit the obvious.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Beta signups, preorder garuntees beta, etc..

I watched their little multiplayer demo, where they gank the second group for their loot at the end of it and then one guy drops group and finishes his former group off.

That sounds fucking pimp as shit and all that, but theres no motherfucking way its left in.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Theres a little new info out there...But people are expecting this to be a shooter instead of an RPG with guns...Its going to fucking tank because of that.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I doubt its bigger than people realize. If it were developers wouldn't be treating it like the red head step child its turned into. Bottom line is, pricing is much firmer on consoles for games later into their lives and piracy on the next gen units is a non factor at this time. Those two things by themselves are a big reason why you're seeing PC release dates pushed back past consoles and why demand is likely much higher on console than on PC. There is a reason PC hits fire sale shortly after release and consoles are still selling them for near full price. Lets not forget the PS4 and Xbone are just starting to hit their stride. There were long stretches with no games out early this year with major releases which had been delayed for a year on PC.

If you're a PC gamer only, you're not only waiting to play titles you're missing out on a lot of quality games. Doesn't sound like any master gamer race to me. This coming from someone who loves PC gaming and is disappointed in how things have changed but its foolish to try and not admit the obvious.
If you can afford it, there is just no reason to not have at least one of the top consoles along with your PC.