The Division

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
At this point I think it can go either way until they release information on how the world/servers work.

caesium

Molten Core Raider
well fuck guess i'll have to buy a ps4.

what engine is this running? cuz holy fuck those graphics.

Hekotat

I'd prefer to play it on PC as well but I have 1 real life friend that actually plays games on PC and he is pretty unreliable at being online.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Buying a P4 as well for other titles, but I'd still prefer this on PC.

That way if someone makes Oculus Rift support one day, I'll be set.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
The site is blocked here at my work.
Any specifics for the PC or just a general PR release info?
Just an announcement really saying that the overwhelming support from PC gamers made them decide to do it.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The first preview video for this game still gives me wood. I really hope this thing pans out.

Hekotat

New video if any of you missed it, shows off how the table/drone stuff works.

Hekotat

I believe they decided to push it to PC after a ton of online support and a rather large petition was submitted to Ubisoft, whether or not it will be released at the same time as the console has yet to be revealed.

Sulrn

Deuces
The question comes to mind though. Even with this at risk of being a port - is that really a negative yet since we're looking at an entirely new generation of consoles? I haven't upgraded my gaming PC in 5ish years, so the next gen are going to be more powerful than what I currently have access to. Isn't that going to be a case for a lot of people?

I mean I can understand it being a detriment once we're looking at a more mature generation, but...?

Cybsled

Well, that's PC gaming in general. Eventually you have to upgrade. 5 years in PC terms is a long time.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Well, that's PC gaming in general. Eventually you have to upgrade. 5 years in PC terms is a long time.
Unless you buy absolutely top of the line 5 years is almost unicorn levels of luck. My one rig (AMD 965 black, 9800 GTX+, 4GB DDR2) coming up on 5 and it can only run select games on middle of the road settings. MMORPGs, MOBAs and RTS give a little bit of wiggle room, but modern first person shooters or single player RPGs/sandboxes? Forget it.

That shit was top of the line in 2008 IIRC.

Cybsled

Ya, usually I will get a really powerful PC when I do upgrade/get a new one, purely because it remains relevant for longer
wink.png
Although your wallet takes a hit for sure.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I used to do the exact same thing....but now that free online classifieds (Craigslist etc) exist, I'm starting to think its smarter to buy a whole new rig every single major GPU release and then resell your old one for 75% of what you bought it for...

Dodgy math inc:

Scenario 1. Spend $2000 on new rig, expect 4 year life. At the end of the 4 years you might be able to sell it for $300 if you find the right nerd/sucker. That's $425/year expense on hardware assuming you don't do any upgrades at all.

Scenario 2. Spend $2000 on a new rig right at launch of new GPU generation. Use it until launch of next gen (usually 12 months or less) buy a brand new rig, and sell the old one for 75% of what you paid for it. That translates into $500/ year hardware expense and you always have a brand new PC... Thinking of going this route myself.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You could get a full comp that could smash anything next gen for under 800 easily.
From a purely specs perspective ya, but your statement is only a half truth. I doesn't take into account how much easier it is to optimize games for a dedicated gaming console vs a PC.

Given equal specs, a console will out perform a PC every single time.