The Documentary Thread

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I've been to action park a few times. My buddy blew his eardrum out doing the rope swing. Fun place, but dangerous. I used to go skiing there (Great Gorge/Vernon Valley) with Boy Scouts. It was the same park as Action Park. The East Coast is popular for water parks during the summer and skiing during winter.
i skinned my knee, about the worst i got. we need more places like that to toughen kids up. everyone is a pussy now.

its why these were invented.
63eeba93f3f4652dcb7bba261af85cb1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I jumped from the top top of a Jungle Gym like that to one of the lower sections of also the top. I didn't land that jump and left a bad dent in my shin. I'm lucky it didn't snap the bone, but it really felt like it should have. I was probably 7-8 at the time, and I'm 39 now and I still remember how much that dent fucking hurt.

• 2Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
man i want to see the last half dozen things recommended but they are on hbo max or some other random thing im not subscribed to. Sucks how splintered all the content is now

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Tiger Woods doc on HBO Max is really good. Highly recommend it.

• 2Like

Jozu

Yea his father was the man. Green Beret, vietnam sapper. Was a pimp, fucking all kinds of bitches. He taught Tiger right.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
action park was good but frustrating

bounce any of action park's injuries/deaths per 100k people off any major ski resort and I bet the ski resort wins hands down every time

maybe i'm wrong but I doubt it

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Every time you strap on a pair of skis you assume the risk of bodily harm. You know you might break a wrist or ankle or worse. It's accepted as part of the activity.

When you strap into a roller coaster at an amusement park you expect to be safe.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Really looking for any suggestions.

Any good new docs? Doesn’t matter the content, I like them all, from murder to art forgery.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Really looking for any suggestions.

Any good new docs? Doesn’t matter the content, I like them all, from murder to art forgery.
Age of Samurai is a pretty good one on Netflix. It's in the same tone as their Rome docudramas.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Age of Samurai is a pretty good one on Netflix. It's in the same tone as their Rome docudramas.
sure i'll bite, the focus character 1 eyed dragon is told in this ultra stylized anime, he's the guy in blue with... 1 eye

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Enjoyable short documentary about the power glove.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Recently had cause to think about this docu/movie I saw awhile back. Its really worth a watch. Its based on the true story of someone who went off into the woods with the goal of just finding a spot, laying down and waiting for starvation to end his life.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
This is a documentary from 2013 I've been trying to get people to watch that love electric cars. This is a documentary about Nuclear Power.

Where is this power going to come from? There isn't enough solar, geotheral, wind, tidal etc in the world to run them and all the other electric stuff we want.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't really follow or listen to true crime stuff but came across this one. What a truly revolting case, if not interesting. All because he met a younger hotter thing and decided just being a normal dude and getting divorced wasn't the route he wanted to take. How did this dude think this shit would play out? Jesus fuck man.

This is 1 of 3 about the same case.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I thoroughly enjoyed the Sparks Brothers documentary and would recommend it highly to anyone into 70's and 80's music, more specifically musicians who pushed boundaries after their example. These two were hugely influential and flew under the radar for most people.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't really follow or listen to true crime stuff but came across this one. What a truly revolting case, if not interesting. All because he met a younger hotter thing and decided just being a normal dude and getting divorced wasn't the route he wanted to take. How did this dude think this shit would play out? Jesus fuck man.

This is 1 of 3 about the same case.

There is a Netflix documentary about this as well

Jozu

Chris Watts used to be a pathetic beta who found inspiration and hit the gym turning himself into an alpha, and felt like he had earned some tighter poon.

Sadly for him he had already had 2 children and got married. I dont know how he killed his own two daughters and then put them in a fucking water tank at his job site. Talk about a fucked up decision. That entire area was rocked by that entire ordeal. Guy is a straight sociopath/psychopath.

• 1Like