The Documentary Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Just finished 14 Peaks: Nothing Is Impossible, about a Nepali guy attempting to break the record of the completing all fourteen 8000 meter peaks in 7 years...in 7 months. The guy is pretty nuts, previously being a Gurkha and in the Special Boat Service.

It's on Netflix so pretty accessible.

Screamfeeder Screamfeeder actually worked on this doc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All Madden documentary was a decent hour watch for anyone who's a football fan.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
100 foot wave.

Docuseries about big wave surfing, mostly concerning Nazare. Very interesting and lots of holy fuck moments, the place is insane for waves due to it’s specific geography.

Great documentary if you’re into action/sports, you’d honestly have to be batshit insane to surf some of the waves here. Place was notorious long before surfing for wrecking the shit out of boats and killing fishermen.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I might be late to the game on this, but I got sucked down a rabbit hole watching this channel. It's basically a recap of some of the wildest murder/mysteries with an Irish dude throwing out some dark lulz.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Excellent doc that came out on HBO Max. Didnt expect that he had some of the downfalls in life that he did.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Excellent doc that came out on HBO Max. Didnt expect that he had some of the downfalls in life that he did.
I’m a Cal skater from the 80s and I thought this doc hit the nail on the head, but you don’t need to know shit about that scene to enjoy it.

This is a good watch.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Louie Theroux is a meme right now. It's pretty funny tho

Our kids are going to grow up thinking he's the "money folds tiktok guy"

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Found the Matt Walsh "what is a woman" doc online

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Found the Matt Walsh "what is a woman" doc online

I'm about halfway through this. It started off weak because Matt is quite monotone and also because the social scientists he's interviewing are either batshit crazy or uncooperative - and is nothing really new on the topic

But halfway he starts getting into the source of gender ideology and consequences of sex reassignment surgeries etc

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
this is out on bluray and stuff this week, a 5 hour (!!!) documentary about 80s scifi movies

haven't watched it yet but plan to, torrents etc are all out too. Looks great, the thumbnail is basically everything I love

It was apparently a kickstarter and has some cool merch but dunno how you get your hands on the shit now, except of course pirating it like any good 80s BBS kid would

www.kickstarter.com/projects/creatorvc/in-search-of-tomorrow-80s-sci-fi-documentary/posts/3534801

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watched this last night with wifey. This was absolutely nuts and you'll be throwing shit at the TV at the end.

watching this...
jfc.. the synopsis does not do this justice. And, for fucks sake, this is one of those that just gets worse and worse every minute.

I feel like this is something I should remember from the 90's, but don't.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users