The Documentary Thread

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
kindof yeah.

a fyi, The doc doesn't actually say it, but the fact they don't mention it occurring, lets you know..

"Floyd is currently alive and awaiting execution at the Union Correctional Institution in Raiford, Florida."
2022 and this fucker is still alive.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
watching this...
jfc.. the synopsis does not do this justice. And, for fucks sake, this is one of those that just gets worse and worse every minute.

I feel like this is something I should remember from the 90's, but don't.

Thinking about throwing this in the line up as we enjoy the true crime stuff, but is there a lot of fucked up shit happening to little kids? If so we'll probably pass.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
is there a lot of fucked up shit happening to little kids?

What is it with women and true crime? My sister, sister in law, and basically every woman I know who listens to podcasts it's just one horrendous murder after another. I listened to two episodes of a show called Sword and Scale that made me want to kill myself afterwards. I can't imagine wanting to fill your head with that day after day.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
What is it with women and true crime? My sister, sister in law, and basically every woman I know who listens to podcasts it's just one horrendous murder after another. I listened to two episodes of a show called Sword and Scale that made me want to kill myself afterwards. I can't imagine wanting to fill your head with that day after day.

I can hang if it's adults but not if its kids, and ya, not often

Caliane

they really do.

sure men do a bit. but its not like women.
could be just the drama of soaps x10. could be the whole... "rape fantasy" thing.. could be lacking the "protector" instinct of men. Men get triggered by shit like this, and being unable to do anything about it in a way women don't.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's some new National Geographic doc coming out that might be good. Getting a theater release.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
watching this...
jfc.. the synopsis does not do this justice. And, for fucks sake, this is one of those that just gets worse and worse every minute.

I feel like this is something I should remember from the 90's, but don't.
Also watching this now. There are a lot of evil human beings in this world and this is just another example of one. The other messed up part is it seems that the women who knew her are still pretty traumatized to this day.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok just hear me out...this is pretty fucking good. It's a wild story that is well told.

Turn the CC on or be prepared for a trip with the dubbed version. At first I was like WTF with the dubbing, but it grew on me for some reason.

Caliane

Also watching this now. There are a lot of evil human beings in this world and this is just another example of one. The other messed up part is it seems that the women who knew her are still pretty traumatized to this day.
This is obviously something that happens to everyone, when they experience something like this. Would have, could have every interaction, where they could have said or done something different. If they acted on even that seemingly slight concern at the time, if they picked up on the clues faster, etc.

Like, I had a friend commit suicide back in 2020. She was living alone, had a sister, but also had medical issues. A stroke caused partial paralysis. From a brain tumor. which was causing memory issues, balance issues, etc.. in the past, after having bought my own home, I had offered for her to move in. she refused at the time, stating distance to her treatment center. And its not something I brought up every time I saw her... Visited her a few months before she did it, and she didn't mention any special issues. But, later in her note, she stated fear of living alone, and that she had to quit her job, due to the loss of motor control. she had fallen and hurt herself repeatedly at home. With no one there to help. (she also did mention Trump and covid... she had bought in 110% into tds...) But I can tell you, I will never get over wondering, if she would be alive today, if I kept asking her to move in. If I had brought it up the last time I saw her.

In this doc, I wonder about the principal. they didn't show him much. I thought that was odd. I'd think THAT guy would have had alot more to say... Didn't want to vilify a victim?

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I like to think Diana was a genuinely kind person and the world would’ve been a slightly better place if her life hadn’t ended the way it did.

Then again she could’ve easily turned into the Princess of Wokeism.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I like to think Diana was a genuinely kind person and the world would’ve been a slightly better place if her life hadn’t ended the way it did.

Then again she could’ve easily turned into the Princess of Wokeism.

Congrats, peak foh big brain managing to make everything about woke

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Congrats, peak foh big brain managing to make everything about woke
You’re right. I should’ve just called Diana a lying whore and pointed out how her dip shit son threw everything away to bang some sheboon.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You’re right. I should’ve just called Diana a lying whore and pointed out how her dip shit son threw everything away to bang some sheboon.

you should have done. I can't stand Meghan or Harry. And I stayed in bed instead of getting up for Diana's funeral and I still lol at the 2 week non stop crying/grief the whole Country except me went through when she died.

So your attempt to rustle me failed

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
you should have done. I can't stand Meghan or Harry. And I stayed in bed instead of getting up for Diana's funeral and I still lol at the 2 week non stop crying/grief the whole Country except me went through when she died.

So your attempt to rustle me failed
Funny thing is my first thought when I saw the trailer was to ask your opinion of Diana, but figured why bother.

I was right.