The E-cig Thread

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Actually make that 4 people, these things are truly miracles of modern science that all smokers should use as keys to becoming nicotine and cigarette free. Anyone who thinks otherwise is plain ignorant.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So I took a look at that study he linked. It was total bullshit testing methods like heating the liquid to over 1700 F and getting liquids from china lol.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck E-cigs. I don't want anyone's second hand nicotine laced air. If you want to smoke them outside that's fine, but smoking indoors is bullshit.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So after quitting for almost a year and considering myself home free, I fell off the wagon a few months back and have since been thinking off jumping on the e-cig bandwagon. They opened a "vape" store just a few miles away from where I live that looks like it might as well be an apple store selling e-cigs instead of computers, right down to the over-friendly neck-beard staff.

So, I quickly scanned this thread, determined "Provari & Kranger" were the two names I was looking for, and headed out to the store. Unfortunately, when I got there they did not carry Provari (they did have Kranger tanks) so I was at that point basically at the mercy of the staff for suggestions. The neck beard in question seemed as innocent and honest as a puppy, and seemed to know his shit, so I wasn't too worried about being recommended a big pos with a high sales margin. Told the guy I wasn't looking to fuck around and "cheap out", and to recommend me something quality. First he recommended some vape that looked like a steel whisky flask with a nozzle sticking out (forget the brand, a few of the employees were sucking on them) but the thing not only looked retarded, but you'd need either a suit jacket or a murse to carry the bloody thing around. He then recommended the "E-Vic" by Joyetech along with a Kanger protank 3 and some 2.0 Ohm atomizers. Once he said it had a USB port and firmware, the computer nerd in me got excited and I was sold.. Walked out with all of the aforementioned items plus "flavor vapor" brand juice.

I have no basis for comparison except a Blue disposable, so maybe ignorance is bliss, but so far the thing seems to be working great. Really my only complaint is that the thing is rather large (looks like a dildo with a sucking nipple lol), probably won't react to well if I should drop it, and there's no fucking way I'm going to wear it around my neck..

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The provari is fairly large as well, unless you get the mini.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
2 weeks ago I picked up a cheapo white rhino e CIG to try it out and liked the concept of the whole vaping thing so I ordered some things from my vapor store and LOVE it, haven't smoked in 2 weeks and now that I got all my new stuff I don't think I ever will. All I need to do now is find a good flavor. When I did smoke it was menthols and since vaping I've been using spearmint but I am pretty sure its a cheap brand (voodoo). Will be checking out the op and doing some research but so far so good.

Items I bought.
Joyetech Joye eGo USB Passthrough/650mAh Battery
Kanger EVOD eGO Bottom Coil Clearomizerx 2
Atomizer Head for Kanger Protank, EVOD, Unitankx 6

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Today the first of 3 co workers that vape went nicotine free in their juice. They are pretty excited to hopefully be free totally within the next few months. Hopefully the other two will follow suit and be able to kick the habit like so man others have.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
That's cool. Let's see in a year, as with any study
smile.png

khalid

Unelected Mod
Tarrant abusing mod powers to protect his thread from dissenting views. It is ridiculous.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
What kind of bullshit is this? People getting RRP'ed for a whole month because a mod gets his little feelings hurt?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Tuco told him to stay out of this thread before because he was starting shit. I guess he didn't stay out.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I dont know where you people get off thinking you can tell members where to post

So which rule did Izo break?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
My 2cp. Never liked the vaporizer, seemed weak to me but that was 4-5 years ago. I'm sure they improved. I used Nicorette to quit about 3 years ago. Really worked well for me as long as I just used it when I had the "urge". Actually made me NOT want a cigarette as opposed to just curing the nicotine urge.