The E-cig Thread

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Kind of annoyed, I saw that they were selling cigarette looking "e-vapors" at the gas station and figured maybe they were disposable e-cigs, so I grabbed one to give it a shot. Puffed on it for 20 minutes to no effect, so I did some reading and realized that it's illegal to sell nicotine solution here in Australia, so apparently it's just a tool to mimic smoking behavior for those trying to quit or something like that :| Talk about false advertising.
It's much the same in most 1st world countries - buying the vapor is no problem, nor juice. Nicotine on the other hand is a whole different story. Does the discovery of the illegality of the nicotine juice in Australia change your perception of vapors as a means to detox / cease abusing nicotine, I wonder?

Killswitch

N00b
I just picked up the Smoktek RSST ( AC9 Clone ) which is a genesis style atomiser and this thing kicks ass. Oh yea its only around $30-40 for one unlike the $140 real AC9. I picked up a drawtube at Vapebash for $30. Pretty much an awesome mech mod with genesis style attie for around $60. Making a mesh wick was huge pain in the ass but once I figured it out it was cake after that. You pretty much make your wick at whatever Ohm you want by using a certain gauge kanthol wire and the number of wraps. Right now Im using 30g Kanthol with #400 mesh and pumping it at 1.0 ohms. Tons of vapor and taste is really clean. Havent touched my cartos, tanks and Kanger T3's since I picked these up.

I also make my own juice as well. I make my own version of Pluid but mine has Anise and Red Hot Cinnamon in it. DIY is the way to go cause you have complete control of what you are vaping. Not to mention it costs a hell of a lot less.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
It's much the same in most 1st world countries - buying the vapor is no problem, nor juice. Nicotine on the other hand is a whole different story. Does the discovery of the illegality of the nicotine juice in Australia change your perception of vapors as a means to detox / cease abusing nicotine, I wonder?
It does not. I"m answering for him.

riptorn

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just picked up the Smoktek RSST ( AC9 Clone ) which is a genesis style atomiser and this thing kicks ass. Oh yea its only around $30-40 for one unlike the $140 real AC9. I picked up a drawtube at Vapebash for $30. Pretty much an awesome mech mod with genesis style attie for around $60. Making a mesh wick was huge pain in the ass but once I figured it out it was cake after that. You pretty much make your wick at whatever Ohm you want by using a certain gauge kanthol wire and the number of wraps. Right now Im using 30g Kanthol with #400 mesh and pumping it at 1.0 ohms. Tons of vapor and taste is really clean. Havent touched my cartos, tanks and Kanger T3's since I picked these up.

I also make my own juice as well. I make my own version of Pluid but mine has Anise and Red Hot Cinnamon in it. DIY is the way to go cause you have complete control of what you are vaping. Not to mention it costs a hell of a lot less.
Do you go through more juice with the rsst? I got a aga-t2 and the thing goes through juice like nothing. I love the clean taste of the juices, but damn my juice doesnt last long in it.

Silence_sl

shitlord
My girlfriend hasn't used her e-cig for the past three days and says she has no desire to either. She isn't even taking it to work with her. So for her, vaping definitely paved the way for her quitting completely. She had smoked for 9 straight years
Your GF started smoking when she was 4?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I had to import the nicotine fluid from the UK because I live in Australia. So the legality of the fluid just makes it much harder to hit the alternative, due to freight and shipping it's just easier to buy regular smokes.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Have you tried combining a nicotine patch and the vapor with regular juice for taste/feeling, Sabbat?

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I'm not trying to detox at all, I just want a way to smoke without having to go out into the cold and come back smelling like an ashtray.

Killswitch

N00b
Do you go through more juice with the rsst? I got a aga-t2 and the thing goes through juice like nothing. I love the clean taste of the juices, but damn my juice doesnt last long in it.
When I used cartos with tanks I go threw about 3-4 ml a day. With the RSST now 6ml a day easily. I did have to lower my Nic level quite a bit from 12 to 6 now though. It just seemed the Nic was stronger using the Genesis style than previous devices I was using. Like I said I DIY my own juice so its nothing I have to worry about. Juice costs me around .5 a ml to make so its not an issue for me.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Have you tried combining a nicotine patch and the vapor with regular juice for taste/feeling, Sabbat?
You can't possibly be suggesting that vaping nicotine free juice is acceptable. Surely the amount of scientific research on the subject is lacking.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
You can't possibly be suggesting that vaping nicotine free juice is acceptable. Surely the amount of scientific research on the subject is lacking.
I'm not. I asked if he tried the combination. You should get your eyes checked.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Why the fuck would a person spend money on a vaping solution and delivery system and then spend even more money on a nicotine patch? A big part of vaping for nicotine is the huge reduction in cost.

At what point do you sit down and read your posts and say "Hey, that doesn't make any sense... why I am posting this dumb shit?" or better yet, what point do you think about what you want to say BEFORE you say it?

I've got the feeling that it's not about what you post, it's just the act of posting. Screaming like a child for no other reason to be heard doing something, rather than talking and not being heard.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nic gum is like $60 per box and it last you maybe a week or two, same for the patch. I bought e-juice last week for $15, awesome flavors, btw, and it will last me at least a month, if not more I put in 5 drops in my carto tonight and vaped all night, chocolate mint flavor, yummy.

I love my P.E.N.I.S (Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System)

http://www.drugstore.com/medicine-an...=g&matchtype=e

pointyboot

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hey guys. Two weeks into my Volt starter kit from Smokeless Image and I'm loving it. Biggest problem I'm having is I want to try all the damn flavors! Planning on moving up to Vamo and possibly a Vivi Nova for tank. I need to read up more though on tanks. I was about start a new thread but happy this one is here.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really am wanting to get into this but when I look at all the options it's over whelming. I tried a cheap version that was sold at a local gas station and I liked the concept: The cigarette was the "battery" and you screwed that into a usb wall charger to charge. The filter was the cartridge that was filled with the juice and you screwed that in and puffed on it just like a normal cigarette. The problem with those was the fact that they only had one strength and they just weren't strong enough for me to be satisfied. However when I go online the options are just staggering and I don't exactly know which ones follow that same pattern. I really don't want to mess with DIY or filling carts. I would just like to have the "battery" and screw in carts that I replace when they run out. Anyone know of options that are like that?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If you wanna go that route, unfortunately you are stuck with what you have. There might be a place online to purchase pre-filled carts as I have never looked, but you will still be left with the few strengths they offer, shitty flavors, and they are still rather expensive for what you get. If its the same 21st century set that I got at the gas station, its like $8 for 3 carts which last like 2 days.

If you go with a system like an ego with a tank, you fill it up with any flavor you want, and at any strength you want from 4mg all the way to 36mg and vape away for 1-2 days depending on how often you vape. And it will be like 10x cheaper than what you are doing right now. You just fill up the little tank when empty.

Also vaping is a bit different than smoking in the way you do it. With smoking you take a drag straight into your lungs, with vaping the best effect is by drawing it into your mouth first, for like 5-10 sec, and then inhaling it. This is when you get the best throat hit and its more satisfying.

Killswitch

N00b
Yea the way to go is Vivi Nova, Kanger MT3 or Protank on a Ego Twist 900mah or more. Buying prefilled cartos is a waste of money for sure. Especially with all the great juice vendors out there selling stuff for a decent price.

Ego style batteries is a great starter because its pretty reliable but you need to get 900mah or more. Or else you will be constantly charging them.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ah ok that sounds easy enough. I'll dig through the thread for some links and take a look. At least you guys have given me some models I can start on... at first I was just looking at a wall of products that meant nothing to me.

Killswitch

N00b
Well if anyone is into dripping theres a killer deal on the K100 Empire Clone Kit for $38.89 and free shipping.

Capsdsdfsdture.JPG

Kit includes,

Mod(gold only)
2 18650 batteries
1 decorative matching "drip shield"
1 carrying case
1 2.5ohm carto
1 cheap charger(euro)

Info and code found here:

http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/2013/05...-3889.html?m=1

Vaporjoe is a great blog to follow for deals for ecigs and such.

http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/