The E-cig Thread

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I'd rather we, all, use precaution when it is prudent - like when we already have safer and thoroughly documented methods for cessation.
As already stated, those methods didn't work. If the option is between e-cig and regular cigarettes are you really arguing for regular cigarettes?

Not knowing if the juice itself is harmful does not make it safe.
Like you saidit isn't knownwhether it is safe or not. Breathing in California is unsafe. People do it all day anyway. The fact of the matter is in the 1st world tons of things are unsafe so short of locking yourself in a padded room it's a matter of picking the least dangerous of the options.

Did she use the nicotine vapor in front of her kids then?

Why the dichotomy - e-cig and cold turkey? There are numerous personal options for nicotine uptake such as sprays, melters, inhalers, patches etc. None of them harm or affect those around the user.

I hope she can stay clean and you toss away the nicotine bottles with the same vigor you gave it to her. If one of her kids find one and drink it I'd not want to be in your shoes. Just a thought
smile.png
Not often. Sometimes sure but it's not like she made it a habit of vaping in their faces.

The dichotomy existed for the reasons I've already laid out and you ignored. As a smoker (and a pharmacy tech) for nearly a decade she had tried all the other readily available cessation options without success. I have friends & family who had quit via e-cigs so we went to the local shop here and got her one and she loved it and it worked for her in just a couple months.

If one of her kids got ahold of bleach, pool acid, window cleaner, draino, motor oil, gasoline or any other dangerous chemical found in almost any household and drank it, that would be horrible as well. Why don't you bitch about those for awhile?

smile.png

Izo

Tranny Chaser
As already stated, those methods didn't work. If the option is between e-cig and regular cigarettes are you really arguing for regular cigarettes?
You're touching on some important issues here for sure. How does one succesfully quit an addiction? What is addiction? How deep does it run? What is willpower?
Setting up a false dichotomy as you just did is not helpful in any way though. You're arguing 'those methods' didn't work, as if the only solution is then to continue to smoke. This is not the case, neither logically or practically - it's a fallacy. That's not even digging into application, duration and motivation.

To put it so I'm not misunderstood: smoking is bad. Cessation is good. It matters greatly how you get from A to B though - especially in the long run. Adding an undocumented step in between, the vapors, may or may not be helpful. Claiming it's a healthy step without data or documentation, cessation efficacy and disease prevention, is naive and bordering wishful thinking. It has little to do with facts. Evidence based medicine revolves around facts, not anecdotal or snapshots of an ongoing process.

Are you saying you know more than scientists about the possible dangers of e-cigs?

Also, you did not answer my questions from before:
Edit, did now, thanks
smile.png

smile.png

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Are you saying you know more than scientists about the possible dangers of e-cigs?
Show me some scientists who've said they're more dangerous than regular cigarettes. I haven't seen you say shit except that theymightbe dangerous. I know for a fact regular cigarettes are. As for cessation - e-cigs have led to quitting for numerous friends and family, including my girlfriend. I'll take that first hand experience over any anecdotal evidence you may have.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Like you saidit isn't knownwhether it is safe or not. Breathing in California is unsafe. People do it all day anyway. The fact of the matter is in the 1st world tons of things are unsafe so short of locking yourself in a padded room it's a matter of picking the least dangerous of the options.

Not often. Sometimes sure but it's not like she made it a habit of vaping in their faces.

The dichotomy existed for the reasons I've already laid out and you ignored. As a smoker (and a pharmacy tech) for nearly a decade she had tried all the other readily available cessation options without success. I have friends & family who had quit via e-cigs so we went to the local shop here and got her one and she loved it and it worked for her in just a couple months.

If one of her kids got ahold of bleach, pool acid, window cleaner, draino, motor oil, gasoline or any other dangerous chemical found in almost any household and drank it, that would be horrible as well. Why don't you bitch about those for awhile?
Equivocation fallacy. We know nicotine is very, very dangerous. We can do something about it on a personal level and up. It has nothing to do with, nor is it comparable to breathing California air. You would be referring to other chemicals and particles, most with different drug dynamic and kinetics, method of uptake and harm. Many things can cause alike symptoms and disease. It's not hard to understand why lay men would make that assumption though.
Anyway, we do know nicotine is very harmful. Combine with Occam's razor - keep it simple - don't add unnecessary and unknown factors to the equation, especially not in addiction, then you end up with a precautious perspective on e-cigs as a minimum. Would you not agree?

Good. Keep that stuff away from children
smile.png

Her background does not ensure profound knowledge or motivation to quit. Physicians smoke too, you know?
wink.png

Sure, it would be horrible. But do you keep either of those on the night stand or use regally in combination with you mouth in font of children? No. Also, when did you see a child safety warning or even a safety cap on a nicotine juice bottle? Not all have that. I'd say equivocation fallacy, but you already know this...

smile.png

wink.png

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
But do you keep either of those on the night stand or use regally in combination with you mouth in font of children? No. Also, when did you see a child safety warning or even a safety cap on a nicotine juice bottle? Not all have that. I'd say equivocation fallacy, but you already know this...
The point is it's the parent's responsibility to keep dangerous things away from their children. Guns don't have labels last I checked. Pretty dangerous if left on the night stand.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The point is it's the parent's responsibility to keep dangerous things away from their children. Guns don't have labels last I checked. Pretty dangerous if left on the night stand.
I would have to add, that not all things are equally dangerous. Some are so dangerous, lethal, that we have laws prohibiting them from being readily available. Some are, as it is, unregulated, nicotine juice. You're, again, making an equivocation fallacy - this time with firearms. It's not the same product as e-cig nicotine juice, it does not kill the same way, it's not used the same way, it's not applied the same way, it's not perceived as harmless - but sure, we can agree guns are lethal (duh).
I don't pretend to know the logic behind American gun laws, far from it. I'm fairly certain one could be legally accountable for not properly securing your firearms - even though they are legal and lethal. I'm European, and, thankfully, live in a peaceful little corner of the world where we have sane gun laws - they're simply illegal to posses where I live - 1 year instant jail time if you're caught with one - it works here, not saying it would work in the US. That would be an equivocation fallacy
wink.png

I assume you're not saying it's the mothers job keeping stuff you pressure her to have available for your sole benefit (aka her not smoking and you dumping her if she does) away from the children - that would make you a dick anyway.

wink.png

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Please dont invite that idiot back here.
Fuuuuuu.....
Oh hush, Mr. Addict
smile.png

I asked you questions before - assuming I'm not on your ignore list for poking at you - would you be so kind as to update us on your own progress towards quitting / not getting stuck doing nicotine on e-cigs? Otherwise, loving the thread, interesting and informative - good links you're keeping in OP as well. Cool
smile.png

smile.png

smile.png

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I assume you're not saying it's the mothers job keeping stuff you pressure her to have available for your sole benefit (aka her not smoking and you dumping her if she does) away from the children - that would make you a dick anyway.
I am a dick. However I told her upfront before we even went on a date that I don't date smokers and if she wanted to be with me she had to quit. It was her choice.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Show me some scientists who've said they're more dangerous than regular cigarettes. I haven't seen you say shit except that theymightbe dangerous. I know for a fact regular cigarettes are. As for cessation - e-cigs have led to quitting for numerous friends and family, including my girlfriend. I'll take that first hand experience over any anecdotal evidence you may have.
This is not a toy or a piece of candy. Nicotine is a serious health hazard and thus the burden of proof lay on the one asserting the positive claim - in this case the makers of the product. We've been over this before in the thread. It's not my job to to assert something is dangerous - We already know nicotine is lethal - it does not get any worse than that
wink.png
When it, nicotine, is combined with unknown factors to enhance the usage rather than cessation efficacy it's healthy to ask questions - would you not agree?

I've made a relevant equivocation before - injection. Would you rather inject yourself with pure nicotine in a known dosage or in a varying dosage with various known and unknown substances with unknown interactions?

Modification:
What if all the unknown substances where known?
What if only some where known?
What if one of the unknown caused cancer by itself in 20 years? - directly carcinogenic
What if it caused cancer in combination with others under unforeseen circumstances? - interactions
What if one induced hormonal changes or other endocrine problems?
What if, what if, what if
smile.png
This is what all manufactors of drugs go through for every new drug marketed. Don't you find it odd that it's suddenly okay to play alchemist with a lethal substance as long as it's done with a 'healthy' e-cig? I sure do. I find it equally baffling how anyone with no scientific background is able to ascertain the toxic nature of anything simply by going with their gut feelings or common sense. Google Thalidomide and pregnancy for an example of how this assumption can fail miserably with regards to what may be perceived as a harmless drug.

It's an equivocation fallacy to assume A is less dangerous than B simply because you know A does not have some properties B has - especially when you're adding new properties to the equation at the same time as you're removing them - aka f.inst. tar gone, added is substances of unknown nature and interaction - coupled with different application method. Not all substances are equally dangerous. We've been over this in earlier posts, really
smile.png

Let me be clear:
With the current knowledge it really should be a no brainer to chose known and documented cessation devices and methods over the e-cig, if the goal is to quit nicotine abuse. The risk of getting stuck in limbo with e-cigs - between smoking and being clean - is a gamble at best. If you're disciplined enough to use the e-cig to quit, it can be done with far less harmful methods - aka nicotine only and in controlled dosages or straight up cold turkey.

I would love to hear how and why you perceive the e-cig as a better cessation device than say, a regular nicotine only passive inhaler. It's not the obvious fact that it resembles smoking far more than an inhaler I'm looking for - it's getting from A (smoking) to C (clean) I'm concerned with - the whole process. The dosage decrease game is the same once you've switched method of nicotine uptake. How do you see the e-cig as a being a better tool to get from point B (not smoking, still abusing nicotine) to C (clean)? What qualities, what properties?

wink.png

smile.png

smile.png

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I am a dick. However I told her upfront before we even went on a date that I don't date smokers and if she wanted to be with me she had to quit. It was her choice.
Fair enough. That doesn't make it right though. Dick / pussy / physical attraction are powerful tools of persuasion. There are entire industries focused on this.
Can I ask why you wear your narcissism as a badge of honor? You don't hide the fact that you want her to quit for your benefit, and don't give a rats arse abour her kids or her if she decides to smoke again. I applaud you for helping her to quit, sure, but I question your motives
wink.png

wink.png

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So the fuck what? Who cares why? I won't date a fatty, and it's not because I'm worried about her having a heart attack or getting diabetes. As an ex-smoker, I'll fuck a smoker but I sure as shit won't date one.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So the fuck what? Who cares why? I won't date a fatty, and it's not because I'm worried about her having a heart attack or getting diabetes. As an ex-smoker, I'll fuck a smoker but I sure as shit won't date one.
Is this because you're afraid of relapse or simply because you consider smoking females inferior - if so how, and why? Also it goes towards credibility - being shallow and narcissistic tends to cloud ones judgment and does not speak in favor of having anyone elses best interest at heart - aka making the best decision based on health in general. That's why
smile.png

smile.png

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I find the smell and taste repulsive.
"Also it goes towards credibility - being shallow and narcissistic tends to cloud ones judgment and does not speak in favor of having anyone elses best interest at heart - aka making the best decision based on health in general. That's why
smile.png
"

smile.png

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
It goes towards credibility - being shallow and narcissistic tends to cloud ones judgment and does not speak in favor of having anyone elses best interest at heart - aka making the best decision based on health in general. That's why
smile.png
She smoked. I wanted her to quit smoking. Are you saying that her quitting smoking isn't in her best interest? If it is, than my reasoning hardly matters.

smile.png

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Funny, I've read tons of studies that show it's about as bad for you as caffeine in the doses people consume it in.

Why not?
Dosage dictates toxicity. You cannot be certain of the dosage in the juice - and you're prone to mishandling and misusing the nicotine juice. The toxicology of nicotine is well known. So is its carcinogenicity. Perhaps you've been reading the wrong papers?
Look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine#Toxicology
and here:
http://www.pubmed.org

Why not wear narcissism as a badge of honor? Because it's a despicable and antisocial trait?
biggrin.png
I donno, suit yourself. I would hope you'd treat your fellow human being better and not just as tools for your benefit - that's ultimately what I'm saying
smile.png

biggrin.png

smile.png

Izo

Tranny Chaser
She smoked. I wanted her to quit smoking. Are you saying that her quitting smoking isn't in her best interest? If it is, than my reasoning hardly matters.
We've been over this before: it matters how you get from A to C even though you do not seem to express the imagination required to see it. Read my posts again if you need pointers here
smile.png

smile.png