Potato hacking for days.

1548705222556.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Organic is an idiot tax.

I don't know what the problem is where khane lives but nobody grows vegetables within 500 miles of me but I can usually get decent produce pretty cheap. Not on par with California but not like what's being discussed here.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Organic is an idiot tax.

I don't know what the problem is where khane lives but nobody grows vegetables within 500 miles of me but I can usually get decent produce pretty cheap. Not on par with California but not like what's being discussed here.

I think the problem is there are a lot of idiot's paying that tax here. So Grocery stores label the good stuff as organic and sell it for more and leave the haggard shit at the regular prices (which are still pretty high)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Stop being insincere chuk. Stop and Shop is a normal, everyday supermarket and you live in the Northeast. Farmer's Markets are only open for about 4-6 months of the year... you know, during the harvest seasons. I have a sneaking suspicion some of the people arguing that it's super cheap and easy to eat on a budget are budgeting a lot more money than what is in the spirit of this thread.

This conversation is getting off track anyway. The only point I was trying to make was that it can become quite easy for lower income families to resort to processed or pre-packaged foods because it can, in fact be cheaper depending on where you live. Which is a shame.

Not to mention that grocery stores dont even exist on some parts of the hood. Yeah they get repeatedly robbed and what have you and then they get shut down or moved to another better neighborhood. Go try to find a grocery store in the outskirts of Detroit, lol.

But when you enter the burbs we have options, for instance we have a cheap farmers market named Randazzos few miles from my house which is open year round and offers fresh fruit and veggies, plus some off the wall shit for ethnic foods, for dirt cheap. For $35 you can get sacks filled with fruit and veggies that will last you a week or two.There is another one which is about a mile from my house but its expensive, one of those hippy preppy places. But beautiful produce, they also offer a deli and prepared foods as well. Then like 2 more miles we have an Italian place which sells all sorts of shit, produce, imported, italian shit, fresh pizza dough, cheeses, deli, fresh baked bread, etc.... Plus probably countless other places I dont even know about that within a 15 min drive, triple that if youre willing to spend 30 min in car. Including Indian grocers, China markets, etc...etc...

But I agree with you, the shittier the neighborhood is, the shittier your choice of shopping is. I guess if you have a car you can drive the 35 min to these places if youre in the hood, but without transportation, youre fucked. But plenty of McDonalds and Churches Chicken in the hood though. Sad but true.

Mcdonalds dollar menu I can feed my entire family of 4 for $35 and they eat well.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Not to mention that grocery stores dont even exist on some parts of the hood. Yeah they get repeatedly robbed and what have you and then they get shut down or moved to another better neighborhood. Go try to find a grocery store in the outskirts of Detroit, lol.

But when you enter the burbs we have options, for instance we have a cheap farmers market named Randazzos few miles from my house which is open year round and offers fresh fruit and veggies, plus some off the wall shit for ethnic foods, for dirt cheap. For $35 you can get sacks filled with fruit and veggies that will last you a week or two.There is another one which is about a mile from my house but its expensive, one of those hippy preppy places. But beautiful produce, they also offer a deli and prepared foods as well. Then like 2 more miles we have an Italian place which sells all sorts of shit, produce, imported, italian shit, fresh pizza dough, cheeses, deli, fresh baked bread, etc.... Plus probably countless other places I dont even know about that within a 15 min drive, triple that if youre willing to spend 30 min in car. Including Indian grocers, China markets, etc...etc...

But I agree with you, the shittier the neighborhood is, the shittier your choice of shopping is. I guess if you have a car you can drive the 35 min to these places if youre in the hood, but without transportation, youre fucked. But plenty of McDonalds and Churches Chicken in the hood though. Sad but true.

Mcdonalds dollar menu I can feed my entire family of 4 for $35 and they eat well.
i'm not asking for your address of course, but please list one example with a map of a ghetto with no supermarket in it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think the problem is there are a lot of idiot's paying that tax here. So Grocery stores label the good stuff as organic and sell it for more and leave the haggard shit at the regular prices (which are still pretty high)
wouldn't that be illegal? i'm sure there'd be mega fines from the FDA if a grocery store was caught swapping labels.

• 1Like

Khane

I don't mean it literally would happen that way, more likely to happen at the farm or distribution plant. But as a counterpoint... Volkswagen.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm not asking for your address of course, but please list one example with a map of a ghetto with no supermarket in it.
dude, you know i've been in jersey, but fucking Topeka (the city) scares the shit outta me
c9cc4fc36e0e2bdaebfc44d301b3c3e7.png

here is the map of the grocery stores
b5f92a79a049270e382ad965798137ba.png

I live on the west side, where it is also super safe
ad06cada3dc572c376321b9a8f1016d1.png

but you can clearly see all the supermarkets on the inner city (the city is basically where the word topeka is), are on the total outskirts of the super dark most dangerous colors.

It is fucking bad and scary, that literal dead space in the middle.

and yea it's so fucking scary they won't even have a church anywhere near there
9f6d8d3e997043528536fc2b115b41d1.png

(the god kills fags church is near lowman united btw, they got delisted as a church by google).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
dude, you know i've been in jersey, but fucking Topeka (the city) scares the shit outta me
c9cc4fc36e0e2bdaebfc44d301b3c3e7.png

here is the map of the grocery stores
b5f92a79a049270e382ad965798137ba.png

I live on the west side, where it is also super safe
ad06cada3dc572c376321b9a8f1016d1.png

but you can clearly see all the supermarkets on the inner city (the city is basically where the word topeka is), are on the total outskirts of the super dark most dangerous colors.

It is fucking bad and scary, that literal dead space in the middle.

and yea it's so fucking scary they won't even have a church anywhere near there
9f6d8d3e997043528536fc2b115b41d1.png

(the god kills fags church is near lowman united btw, they got delisted as a church by google).
you didnt zoom in enough, there is an El Rodeo supermarket, dollar general and familiy dollars in there.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I sometimes see people with a mini-cart loaded with groceries at the local dollar store. Usually things like $1 cans of soup/stew and the like which are $2 at the normal grocery stores.

Khane

Dollar General around here sells eggs, milk, and a bunch of processed, pre-packaged stuff. There is no produce section, there is no butcher. Chuk's arguments are getting more and more insincere (and contradictory)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah maybe I was overstating that no supermarket thing a bit, but there are sure few of them.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
We do Aldi and Sam's (Costco is not that huge here in Mid Tennessee), and Khane, legit I feel for you dude, and I think you are right on your conspiracy. Here in red as hell Tennessee, organic lovers are mocked so our produce stays consistent. But Whole Foods is the same thing... they put on a white soccer mom vibe to charge you that same "tax."

If you want to go further, go to a place like GFS or other supplier places and get bulk meat. We do this for the fancy stuff and cut it our selves and freeze it. Expensive up front, but worth it in the long run. Now granted that is probably a bit out of touch with what this thread is going for... it's the advantages of being a catering company so I get pretty fancy meat on the regular that someone else pays for.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
man, if ppl be shopping at dollar general for their groceries, i feel for em.
you can get everything at DG like a regular supermarket with exception of fresh meat and vedge. ditto family dollar or dollar tree. then hit up the El Rodeo or another ethnic supermarket for the rest. when i was a kid i lived in an all italian neighborhood. no supermarkets. my mom did her weekly food shopping at the corner mom n pop grocery store. none of these people are going to starve or be without. hispanics will not do without their staples. black people i dunno. i'm pretty sure they love or used to love greens too. if they no longer like that stuff, its not because they are being denied it. its because the demand is no longer there.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I sometimes see people with a mini-cart loaded with groceries at the local dollar store. Usually things like $1 cans of soup/stew and the like which are $2 at the normal grocery stores.
those cans are usually smaller, a while back i did a $/fl oz between dollar general and aldi/walmart, it's about the same.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
man, if ppl be shopping at dollar general for their groceries, i feel for em.
99 cent stores here sell produce and actual dairy/eggs. Quality doesn't seem any worse than what i can get at frys, safeway or walmar

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dollar General around here sells eggs, milk, and a bunch of processed, pre-packaged stuff. There is no produce section, there is no butcher. Chuk's arguments are getting more and more insincere (and contradictory)
you keep saying that, but you arent giving any examples of it. make an argument. how am i being insincere?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I think supply and demand has more to do with it than crime. If people in the hood were crying out for vegetables, somebody would be selling them there. There's no shortage of people selling cigarettes and cheap wine.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users