The Elder Scrolls Online

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Its not just that, its the fact that the MMO biz recycles devs at higher rate then even any junk yards.

Basically any dev can continue to make shitty MMO after MMO then they get fired the MMO tanks, then some the same retards hire them back with new MMO company and a lot of times even gives them a fucking Promotion.
It isn't so much that developers are recycled as the leaders of the projects are recycled. Working on MMOs provides valuable experience, but if you never get to exercise what you've learned in a meaningful way it doesn't do much good.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
It isn't so much that developers are recycled so much as the leaders of the projects are recycled. Working on MMOs provides valuable experience, but if you never get to exercise what you've learned in a meaningful way it doesn't do much good.
^^ Yep.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
FYI:

You wanted new, uncut footage of The Elder Scrolls Online, and we're bringing it to you straight from the QuakeCon show floor!

Get ready to tune in to our stream as we take on a dungeon and show more live ESO gameplay, all presented by Paul Sage (ZeniMax Online Studios' Creative Director) and members of the development team.

WHERE:
http://twitch.tv/bethesda

WHEN:
Friday, August 2nd, 1:30 PM EDT (6:30 PM GMT)

INFO:http://elderscrollsonline.com/

Blackwulf

N00b
Yeah, I just watched a 45 min vid of a dude running around Morrowind on a horse (vid is easy to find if you google for the torrent address.) The world seems massive, and the graphics looked pretty sharp and smooth as silk. The only load screens I saw were going into buildings - outdoor zone to zone didn't seem to have a load time. UI looks good, etc. Basically, it looks perfectly good from a graphics/atmosphere standpoint. If they deliver on the character advancement, and have decent pvp in Cyrodil, then it will be a win for me. I hope they show some pvp tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. I read a beta leak that said the beta is up to level 30 now, and Cyrodil isn't open for beta. I'm sure they have internal testing on it, though.

Edit: Also some new official footage here if you can tolerate the annoying british guys running the commentary.

They are so clueless
frown.png
Game looks alright to me though, just looks like more of Skyrim which could be a big success seeing as that sold a lot. My only main issue with the Elder Scrolls games is super shitty combat. If they have fixed that, this could be fun.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
It isn't so much that developers are recycled as the leaders of the projects are recycled. Working on MMOs provides valuable experience, but if you never get to exercise what you've learned in a meaningful way it doesn't do much good.
The leaders of the projects are recycled because those ideas are likewise reused. Innovation is almost never rewarded in corporate America, and even less in the gaming industry as a whole. I'd be willing to bet many shops would love to do something altogether different, but can't due to the capital/executive angle.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
When did Bethesda hire Ron Jaworski? Demo dude could be his twin.

Online Demo live and the game is available to be played at their Quakecon booth.

Game is similar to Skyrim. Any class can use any weapon and any armor.
Fast travel is in. Game plays similar to Skyrim. No floating exclamation points. No quest hubs.

Skill based system on top of levels. The game rewards exploration. There is an LFG tool ingame.

Looking at the demo it appears a ton of systems were shared between previous Elder Scrolls games and this game.

Pack Behavior. Monsters waiting in the wings. Loot is instanced, no fighting.

Goblin King fight copied Baron Geddon fight. Looks like TESO team has played a few other MMOs.

Ressurection via Soul Gems. Every time you die there is a penalty and your armor degrades.

Blackwulf

N00b
Well it looked aright to me. Lot's of decent graphics, smooth gameplay. Animations aren't awesome, but I'm not too picky. I wanted to see pvp, but at least we saw a lot of little systems working. Fast travel, group finder, skill systems, etc. They have 8 months to polish, I think it will be worth a try for me.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Reminded me of AOC where people are running around swinging at things. Doesn't look terrible, but doesn't look good. Also reminded me of a slightly more polished Darkfall.

Blackwulf

N00b
Reminded me of AOC where people are running around swinging at things. Doesn't look terrible, but doesn't look good. Also reminded me of a slightly more polished Darkfall.
MMOs are hard to watch. Playing AOC was a lot different than watching it. I'm assuming this game is similar. I played the shit out of DAOC, and I can remember back in the day watching vids of good pvp players and being like, "oh nice move!" I tried watching one of my old vids the other day and I couldn't figure out WTF was going on. Anyway, yeah, it looked hectic, but the fights at least didn't look boring.

If you missed it:

http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda/b/439743009?t=40m49s

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Combat looked like an Elder Scrolls game.

That's not a compliment.
But wait we wanted it to be like SKYRIM!

SKYRIM SKYRIM SKYRIM SKYRIM

If I hear the term Elder Scrollsy one more time I am going to give them the reward of the year for beating Smedley to saying the word emergent.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I actually liked the TESO footage and presentation, but it definitely was curbstomped by the EQ Next information.

Blackwulf

N00b
I actually liked the TESO footage and presentation, but it definitely was curbstomped by the EQ Next information.
I liked the ESO art way better, and I hate the explody/cartoony aspect of the EQN combat. I also like that ESO have RVR built into the core design of the game. Other than that - yeah, EQN looks a lot more revolutionary. My loyalties are pretty split between these IP's, so I'll give both a try. I think ESO will release quite a bit before EQN, though.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So are there going to be raids? Since I can't see any sort of targeting system and I to believe a tank just runs in and hopes 15 ranged dont kill him trying to hit the mob he's fighting?

Why is everyone so obsessed with raids? I don't even know why people make MMO's anymore. They should just make a game that is all about raids and skip all the levelling and exploring.