The Elder Scrolls Online

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Any infoz if the next Fallout is also under development? (Since they stated earlier they would do it once Skyrim was off the table)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
was catching up on the thread lot peeps are anti zerg.. Now I can zerg bust with the best of them wether 6 man or 8 man.

I still enjoy a massive battle where I go wholly shit look at all thosr red dots.. nobody tells stories about your side skirmish or even give a fuck but they do remember and tell stories of large battles...

shit thousand people get their shit blown up in eve every day but the only thread that gets made is that large fucking cap fight. I remember every large battle ive been in my 12 years of mmo gaming and still talk about it vent. I dont remember everytime I curb stomp a guild in a battleground, or the little 6 on 6 action that happens randomly I enjoy this but not as much as epic battle

there are subtleties and strategy going on in serveral zerg fights lots of small side skirmish, flanking, phased retreating to more advantagous point. skill bombing ie morale bombing in warhammer. If you dont see it then your not paying attention.

you want to stop zergs you need two things collision and a choke point.

Blackwulf

N00b
Finally got some answers for our Q&A. Not everything was answered. Not all the answers are satisfying. Some of the answers are pretty decent, and at least they are aware of us. I hope they listen to some of the feedback from sites like this as well as from rabid fans on the Bethesda forums. And that's what I have to say about that!
smile.png
Here's the link:

Exclusive rerolled.org QA | The Elder Scrolls Online Junkies

Discuss
smile.png

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
Finally got some answers for our Q&A. Not everything was answered. Not all the answers are satisfying. Some of the answers are pretty decent, and at least they are aware of us. I hope they listen to some of the feedback from sites like this as well as from rabid fans on the Bethesda forums. And that's what I have to say about that!
smile.png
Here's the link:

Exclusive rerolled.org QA | The Elder Scrolls Online Junkies

Discuss
smile.png
You're commentary was pretty pathetic, and I'm saying that as a neutral. Not sure you could be more any more of a love in fan boy/paid shill.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Generic lab monkey bot level answers from junior year Community Managers, all of them commented by Saddam Hussein's former Minister of Information. I'm embarrassed I even participated to this, these people are really awful. Reading their answers to my questions felt like going to a photo booth and ask the lady voice about the meaning of life.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Generic lab monkey bot level answers from junior year Community Managers, all of them commented by Saddam Hussein's former Minister of Information. I'm embarrassed I even participated to this, these people are really awful. Reading their answers to my questions felt like going to a photo booth and ask the lady voice about the meaning of life.

Blackwulf

N00b
Delicious!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Blackwulf,

I hope that 'Happy Ending' you promised them was as unsatisfying as the interview they gave you.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Meh, a bunch of non-answers and dodging questions, I'm not surprised and I'm not angry. Did anyone realistically expect anything else? No company that does this (even in other industries, I'm that big of a nerd) ever uses these 'community engagement' things to actually spread info. This is just that fake "don't forget about us" marketing. If they want to talk about the game, it'll be through their own promotional stuff.

And it'll be from that fat old nerd dude, the one that apparently kicked Utnayan's puppy or something.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Reading that, it just makes me even more sad that they are taking the wide-open Elder Scrolls world and forcing hard-coded racial factions on the whole game. How much better would have in-game faction choices guiding open-world pvp have been? And there is tons of lore going all the way back to at least Morrowind backing that up. I vacillate back and forth between "average game will be average" and "huge waste of opportunity to do something amazing".

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Whoa they answered mine nicely. That heavy line ability will make me jealous, wonder how deep in the tree it is. If you can spend on stamina regen that might make me really happy. 8 seconds is a long time.

Hopefully the type of cc won't matter. Some games a knockdown can be "broken" but your character gets up like an old lady that has fallen, and you can't do anything while the animation plays (please don't do that).

No answer on bracketing. I've been doing a little bit of 50+ pvp in the old republic again, and it really isn't as bad as it used to be. I am not sure if that is because the peak bracket moved to 55 from 50, or if all the little exploits have been fixed (before I basically spent my entire time unable to move).

Tropics_sl

shitlord
Gah to that interview... Those guys in charge over there really had no clue what they needed to do in order to create the next great MMORPG.

3 hard coded factions? Wrong move.

PvP-centric focus on the end game? Wrong move.

These guys had THE most valuable IP for a MMORPG and such an obvious map on how to do it right from the prior single player games.

How the hell do these guys think that making a MMORPG based off of a single player RPG that is completely PvE focused into a PvP centric game was the right move? FFS you morons, look at your bloody target audience of actual TES fans that would have bought into this if you gave then a MMORPG version of the game they already love!

If I did my job 1/10th as badly as these morons I would have been fired ages ago. They have no ability to actually analyze their target audience or properly envision the product that the market was begging for and that they already had staring them straight in the face, a MMORPG version of TES!!

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Actually, Tropics. The core premise of TES games is counter to MMOs. YOU are the hero, and for the most part, you are alone.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
You being the hero is true in every single player game. The thing that set the TES games apart was how sandboxy they are. Outside the main quest you can do almost whatever you want, join whatever faction you want and that is what this game seemingly has none of. That and how pro modding they are is what makes every game stand out. And zenimax didn't take advantage of that either tho it is hard to add mods to an mmo.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Gah to that interview... Those guys in charge over there really had no clue what they needed to do in order to create the next great MMORPG.

3 hard coded factions? Wrong move.

PvP-centric focus on the end game? Wrong move.

These guys had THE most valuable IP for a MMORPG and such an obvious map on how to do it right from the prior single player games.

How the hell do these guys think that making a MMORPG based off of a single player RPG that is completely PvE focused into a PvP centric game was the right move? FFS you morons, look at your bloody target audience of actual TES fans that would have bought into this if you gave then a MMORPG version of the game they already love!

If I did my job 1/10th as badly as these morons I would have been fired ages ago. They have no ability to actually analyze their target audience or properly envision the product that the market was begging for and that they already had staring them straight in the face, a MMORPG version of TES!!
There is nothing wrong with 3 hard coded factions. There are balanced arguments for and against.

There is nothing wrong with PvP as a major end game option.

What is most important is execution. The combat has to be fun. The game must run well. Players must have various play style options, especially at end game.