The Elder Scrolls Online

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For those interested in the art style aka graphixxx of the next two 'big' MMO's, here is the situation. These are uncompressed direct shots at full settings.
As a side note first screenshot comes from media NDA drop which just happened today, we're then talking about quite recent client, while second one comes from months ago since it's still old action bar art.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Media drop, but still a NDA on regular people?

So, jaded person in me thinks that this is more of a "lets get selected media outlets who we have given specific tours and statement to give extra hype for the game for sale of box prices, while keeping people unable to call them out on a wrongful representation of the game"

But maybe it is good? As in they are really confident and they are trying to get better videos and information out there to kill off some of the bad rumors and leaks started from earlier betas.

That said, read some of the Elder scrolls subreddit. They are .... the statements they make towards NDA and such. They can not be more than 14 and the most naive and gullible people alive. They also believe in the magic patch just before release that will add all the contentz.

EDIT: The main argument because it is good seems to be good box sales and that the CE edition is almost sold out. Good sales = good game. They are like teens defending Beiber.

Blackwulf

N00b
Lot of shit hitting the net. This reddit thread is keeping track of it, if anyone wants to see some gameplay, etc. I'll be in beta
smile.png

Press Beta Impressions Megathread : elderscrollsonline

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
The ones I read through are pretty much how I felt playing.

PC Gamer:"On the basis of what I've played so far, I'd advise waiting until we see the finished product.":

Everything you fight is incorporeal. Walk into any enemy, and you'll happily clip through them. That's pretty standard in MMOs, but most are better at hiding the fact that their monsters have no substance. Purely hotbar-based online games give feedback through raw numbers, and the explosive flashiness of their effects. Even direct-attack MMOs like TERA over exaggerate the the sound of weapon hits, tricking you into a false sense of tactile feedback. In TESO, my dagger swipes offered no such visual or audio trickery, and as a result, combat became a chore.
RPS:"Try as I might, I can?t help but see this as all the worst bits of TES games":

ESO tries to make changes to the traditional format. So in that opening section, there?s not a single ?kill 10? quest to be found. ?Great!? you might think ? what a refreshing change. Except, so far there?s nothing in its place. Instead, in an effort I suppose to be more true to TES?s nature, the emphasis is on the little vignette you?re playing out. There are rapidly respawning beasts about the land, but they?re incidental to what you?re up to. So in the end, what you?re left with is just the stuff that you?d usually click through in other MMOs to get to the good bits. The banal conversations, scrambled justifications to have you move from point A to point B.
Massively:"It's another generic fantasy MMO in a field already filled with them. And I just don't get it.":

This was not helped at all when the game actually did offer me a choice of what to do next. One quest involved the murder of an elven diplomat at the hands of the most obvious suspect in the world, and at the very end you have a choice: let the diplomat's wife kill the murderer or bring him to justice. It's an old scene, but it's one replete with potential drama, considerations of both sides, the prospect of making an enemy of a woman whom you sympathize with... Wait, what's that? I talk to her for half a minute, and she just agrees to do what I want? That's somewhat less dramatic than I had expected. At that point, the whole drama vanishes into a happy vacuum, never to be spoken of again.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Loved this:

"I was given a quest by a boat captain to find member of his crew. They were standing within view."
Great shit.

bayr_sl

shitlord
I got through the shitty tutorial then I found an NPC and got stuck looking at her until I quit the game

This is so bad. This is so much worse than I could have anticipated

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
So are they testing rvr out at the moment since the level cap is only up to level 17? I read that you have to be 50 to get in there, I don't suppose there's an uplevel mechanic in the game like gw2? Reading all the shit about pve so far I don't think I would even be able to get to 50 to play the only part of the game I would be interested in :\

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
When is this game releasing anyway? LV 17 seems like a pretty soft milestone to hit this late in the game, wouldn't you say?

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
So are they testing rvr out at the moment since the level cap is only up to level 17? I read that you have to be 50 to get in there, I don't suppose there's an uplevel mechanic in the game like gw2? Reading all the shit about pve so far I don't think I would even be able to get to 50 to play the only part of the game I would be interested in :\
RVR starts at level 10.