The Elder Scrolls Online

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Sure it does, his whole reputation is on the line.
Yeah, like it was on the line in the Pantheon thread when he back himself into a corner knowing he had the "I'll get banned if I defend myself" cop-out at the ready. That was the day all remaining respect and reputation for Ut was finally gone. It's like a Loony Toons episode where there's a big, scary monster's shadow on the wall. We've now seen the source of that scary shadow, and it's underwhelming to say the least. /mourn Ut

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
...and 3rd person for PVP.
I found third person in TESO to be so shitty I felt 'forced' to play in first, which made the game more fun, immersive, all that kind of thing. It wasn't too bad, but was still 'just a camera' sort of view with a lack of rendering and bouncing that doesn't bother me. My issue is that I want to pvp, an in pvp would feel 'forced' to play in third, but third is so shitty for me I don't see myself pvping, so don't see myself bothering to get the game even though I actually enjoyed running around the world in first person.

Anyone else find the offset third-person lacking? It felt like something was wrong with my mouse and the crosshair not lined up properly, so trying to do things like loot a barrel didn't feel at all natural. Thinking maybe I just didn't find the option to let the camera swing independently of the character, which sucks ass when it's locked in third person.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Yup.People being able to easily switch campaigns/shards/servers/whatever is a death sentence to world PVP.From my perspective this was one of the biggest issues with GW2's WvW. A lot of us on this forum remember choosing Henge of Denravi in GW2 because it was the third least popular server and once we brought it to the top we start getting a lot of bandwagoners joining it because it was a guaranteed victory every day/3days/week. Worse yet, after we crushed opponent servers people fled from them either to HoD or to a much lower server. This resulted in very awkward server imbalances and stifled competition.
I believe it is safe to assume there will be mechanisms/penalties/incentives in place to discourage that type of behavior.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I believe it is safe to assume there will be mechanisms/penalties/incentives in place to discourage that type of behavior.
There are and they are based around a time limit and currency cost which is quite steep.

I don't believe it solves the "disposable" feel of AvA similar to that of GW2's weekly reset but it does help that only the scoreboard resets and not the land.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, like it was on the line in the Pantheon thread when he back himself into a corner knowing he had the "I'll get banned if I defend myself" cop-out at the ready. That was the day all remaining respect and reputation for Ut was finally gone. It's like a Loony Toons episode where there's a big, scary monster's shadow on the wall. We've now seen the source of that scary shadow, and it's underwhelming to say the least. /mourn Ut
The same Utnayan is still here. I have had over 10 years of calling these assholes to the carpet and telling the truth about the inner workings of these companies for years. I have developers who wish to say a lot of things coming to me, watching me post, and at least they know SOME type of word is getting out. What I stopped caring about, after I called out on the carpet the entire Vanguard fiasco from love affairs, to inter office politics, to the wasteful spending, to the top down development, to shit that didn't exist in the fucking game - was the same resounding bullshit of "You are insane" only to see all those fucking people months later saying "Holy fuck he was right on everything" forget that as I have moved forward with calling out lack of end game material in SWTOR two years before any press release, telling everyone on SA Rich Vogel was finally canned and took a new position at Battlecry to fuck up Fallout Online and the F2p system was being taken over by Jeff, to calling out Brad's shitbag followers that have never helped his career one time by simply being honest with the guy with this latest pantheon debacle, to the Curt Schilling mess. TESO requires special love. It's a cluster fuck of mismanaged potential sucked in by the same relics that should not be making games because they never listen to their teams, and the only ones that defend their behavior or still sit out on the internet sidelines throwing keyboard strokes at the glasshouse is some shit-tag that works for them, or a troll.

I don't need to prove shit you little fucking internet maggot. I'll always tell the truth about what I know, I have no reason to make it up, and I sure as fuck am not going to stop regardless of what you, or any shillhead/pseudo-poster hoping their boss sees them come to their rescue in the hopes of a producer promotion, says. And you know what else waste of bandwidth? I cannot tell you how many times people came to me asking if I wanted to blog for them for web hits and ad dollars - or even make my own site calling this shit out. You know what? I said no. Why? I don't do it for money. I do it to get better games made or, if anything, help a few friends in the industry get things off their chest just trying to keep their heads above water doing something they ultimately love getting fucked by the top.

There isn't one thing I haven't said in this thread that isn't the 100% truth, and aside from the resounding cries of Rescola, seeing his product sink into the depths of wasted resources hoping he just gets it to ship and turn a profit so he can turn in his next resume while kissing managements ass thinking maybe he can sneak into the live team and be a producer to make over $80k a year; or the absolute 100% bullshit spin we have seen posted by our very own internet Amazon billboard Blackwulf, the proof will be out again once you all play the fucking thing and see that absent shit minded post 20 content that won't be anything like the other parts of the game because 90% of the assets went to Sage for 5 years for his 1-17 marketing experiment of which even that players cannot be tasked to level through to 10 to get to Cyrodil. So in closed beta they drop it to level 5. Soon that will be level 1. Partly because the level 1-17 content is fucking bland as shit, and the 20+ content got one pass from a janitor in December while Wheeler tries to make due with finally having assets to throw at PvP while frantically doing his best for the last 6 months he actually had more than one person on his team.

This will be the last I reply to it. From here on out, I'll just keep posting what I know, and from here on out, I won't give a flying fuck if you believe it or not. Because as I knew Jeff Butler was having an affair behind his wife's back before she even made the first knee drop, I know about the inner-workings of everything else surrounding this genre and industry.

Oh, to keep this on track - the game fucking sucks.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man talk about someone in love with himself.

Btw I still stick to my Theory that UT was fired from or told no on a job with some of these developer he so vehemently hates.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Man talk about someone in love with himself.

Btw I still stick to my Theory that UT was fired from or told no on a job with some of these developer he so vehemently hates.
You go ahead and stick to that. I'll stick to what the truth is. And that's seeing medicore games and downright shitboxes be funneled out of the same people still getting high level positions while real creative talent is being wasted on the bottom to the middle, resulting in even poorer games and wasted opportunity cost not only from a revenue stand point, but from an opportunity for us to be playing one hell of a game instead of watching a genre sink lower into the depths of "no one gives a fuck". All the while I watch a hobby I have grown to absolutely love continue to shit out a turd like this, and watching the depravity of the genre sink even lower, * knowing * the same people responsible, are the same ones responsible for the last fuck ups. If you think it has anything more to do with it than that you need to go check my posting history for the last 10 years.

the proof will be out again once you all play the fucking thing and see that absent shit minded post 20 content that won't be anything like the other parts of the game because 90% of the assets went to Sage for 5 years for his 1-17 marketing experiment.
Many of us are skeptical because you seem to hate everything in every game... even games we kinda like. I'd be interested in hearing more about that part above.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
You were all over the place on this game as far as accuracy. Besides the two most obvious complaints which have been said about 1000x in this thread which the animations suck and combat is kind of bad but probably passable for casuals.

Some shit you've been dead wrong on over the last few months:

No content post teens, twenties, thirties etc
No /level for testing higher content
Add ons not working or not available

All of which got debunked at some point in this thread by other people.

This leads me to believe you or your source is not involved with anything more than weekend testing. Otherwise you wouldn't be spewing such stupid shit when there are plenty of actual issues you could harp on.

In short your message might be kind of accurate over the long term. F2P is very likely and I'm sure they are prepping it now and I doubt people are going to play this long at least not with a sub. So yeah their retention will likely be shit but they are going to sell millions. However your pants on the head retarded with your ranting and your actual specific info isn't accurate at all. In fact much of it was dead fucking wrong.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why no blog UT? I mean you are so important you have these insiders coming to you with the sekret infos, you need to blog that shit to save the masses and get the word out!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'd be interested in hearing more about that part above.
The game was originally supposed to ship in 2011. It's 3 years off schedule. It has now seen a total of three design directors. Zeb Cook was the 2nd, Paul Sage the 3rd.

Before Paul Sage was promoted, most of the designers on his team wanted off when he was a lead. That should speak to the volumes of disgust they have with this guy - and not just one or two people, but 80% of the team thinks he shouldn't even be in the industry. Developers under him are not able to bring their fresh ideas to the table to get implemented. They are told to work within a specific frame work which feeds Paul Sage's idea of what will bring in the most box sales. He fails on all attempts.

Lots of content that was creative and fun, would get cut because Sage would redirect the assets to his mind numbingly boring 1-17 content which if you can believe it not, even at the last weekend beta, has been passed 15 times. 15 quality passes. The other content has maybe seen 2 passes max, even higher level content * Maybe * 1, but all the cool ideas from those higher level areas were shut down by Sage because they required assets and effort that was being thrown into the 1-17 show and share. Aside from that, Brian Wheeler and his entire RvR team consisted of 1 other person until late last year when he was finally given a team to start in on the RvR scope and full development of the systems. So not only has RvR been starved from what it could be, all content from 17+ has had so any deep cuts because art teams were re-directed by Sage back to his 1-17 "Show a mile, sell a box" business foundation, it falls short of a resounding thud.

The asset shortage continues on. From the animation and combat systems to the skill trees and server mechanics.

For three years, yes, three fucking years, the Warrior class had one ability.Three Years

This continues on. Rich Vogel is doing this as we speak with Battlecry. The same shit he did with SWTOR, and the same shit he did with SWG-NGE/SWG before it.

Which is why I have said it before, and I'll say it again. I feel so sorry for the majority of people at ZO right now. I guarantee you all they want to do is ship this thing, get it on their resume, and get the fuck out and never look back.

That's this game.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Many of us are skeptical because you seem to hate everything in every game... even games we kinda like. I'd be interested in hearing more about that part above.
Not to say that I'm agreeing with him but, how many games post EQ or even WoW have people subbed after the first month? or even three months? Let's face it. While starting up a MMO is fun and you want to believe you can fall in love again most MMO's always have something critically wrong in regards to the quality of life. Ut may point out everything that it is bad but in most cases I have found, there is always one point or another that evident that me personally will not make it after the first month.

I'm sure Ut could tell you the good out of every game since WoW but are any the points going to make you play it for any significant length of time? We can say games are beautiful, mechanic A is good, crafting is cool, etc. but when it comes down to it, they may have a short list of good, another standard list of mechanics, and then a list of game breaking issues.

Best thing to do is to find the good of whatever game you're looking at and then place your list next to Ut's list and see if it's worth it. Most of the Ut is right and unfortunately the good has out weighed the bad.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
You go ahead and stick to that. I'll stick to what the truth is. And that's seeing medicore games and downright shitboxes be funneled out of the same people still getting high level positions while real creative talent is being wasted on the bottom to the middle, resulting in even poorer games and wasted opportunity cost not only from a revenue stand point, but from an opportunity for us to be playing one hell of a game instead of watching a genre sink lower into the depths of "no one gives a fuck". All the while I watch a hobby I have grown to absolutely love continue to shit out a turd like this, and watching the depravity of the genre sink even lower, * knowing * the same people responsible, are the same ones responsible for the last fuck ups. If you think it has anything more to do with it than that you need to go check my posting history for the last 10 years.
We all know and see what the industry has become or is becoming. That's the sad thing, old friend. It wouldn't be hard to be an expert nay-sayer these days, and yet somehow you've still fucked that up. You've fallen from glory in what should be your time to reign as king of the nay-sayers.

To use an football analogy, as that's right in your area of expertise, you were wide open and should have caught the pass. Not only did you dropped it, but what should have been an easy catch turned into an obsessiveness and self-grandiosity that made you start missing every other pass too because it got in your head. It's to the point nobody even throws you the ball anymore. You're not longer even on the field. We don't even get to remember the baller who once was awesome and maybe missed an easy pass, but could have rebounded. We get to remember the washed up, pathetic loser who hangs out on his lawn, thinking it's a football field, drooling and mumbling to himself with a football flat and dusty at his feet.

I was a fan, and now I'm just embarrassed to admit it.
frown.png

The game was originally supposed to ship in 2011. It's 3 years off schedule. It has now seen a total of three design directors. Zeb Cook was the 2nd, Paul Sage the 3rd.

Before Paul Sage was promoted, most of the designers on his team wanted off when he was a lead. That should speak to the volumes of disgust they have with this guy - and not just one or two people, but 80% of the team thinks he shouldn't even be in the industry. Developers under him are not able to bring their fresh ideas to the table to get implemented. They are told to work within a specific frame work which feeds Paul Sage's idea of what will bring in the most box sales. He fails on all attempts.

Lots of content that was creative and fun, would get cut because Sage would redirect the assets to his mind numbingly boring 1-17 content which if you can believe it not, even at the last weekend beta, has been passed 15 times. 15 quality passes. The other content has maybe seen 2 passes max, even higher level content * Maybe * 1, but all the cool ideas from those higher level areas were shut down by Sage because they required assets and effort that was being thrown into the 1-17 show and share. Aside from that, Brian Wheeler and his entire RvR team consisted of 1 other person until late last year when he was finally given a team to start in on the RvR scope and full development of the systems. So not only has RvR been starved from what it could be, all content from 17+ has had so any deep cuts because art teams were re-directed by Sage back to his 1-17 "Show a mile, sell a box" business foundation, it falls short of a resounding thud.

The asset shortage continues on. From the animation and combat systems to the skill trees and server mechanics.

For three years, yes, three fucking years, the Warrior class had one ability.Three Years

This continues on. Rich Vogel is doing this as we speak with Battlecry. The same shit he did with SWTOR, and the same shit he did with SWG-NGE/SWG before it.

Which is why I have said it before, and I'll say it again. I feel so sorry for the majority of people at ZO right now. I guarantee you all they want to do is ship this thing, get it on their resume, and get the fuck out and never look back.

That's this game.
Just so I am clear... the decision to lock the beta at under 20 (under 17 really since no level 18-20 content was in), is a deliberate strategy to sell boxes based upon a false premise - that the rest of the game is of a similar content quality? You are saying that Zeni knows the rest of the game is of a much lower quality and are deliberately hiding that fact because they know it will diminish box sales? That's the stuff of class action law suits.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
The same Utnayan is still here. I have had over 10 years of calling these assholes to the carpet and telling the truth about the inner workings of these companies for years. I have developers who wish to say a lot of things coming to me, watching me post, and at least they know SOME type of word is getting out. What I stopped caring about, after I called out on the carpet the entire Vanguard fiasco from love affairs, to inter office politics, to the wasteful spending, to the top down development, to shit that didn't exist in the fucking game - was the same resounding bullshit of "You are insane" only to see all those fucking people months later saying "Holy fuck he was right on everything" forget that as I have moved forward with calling out lack of end game material in SWTOR two years before any press release, telling everyone on SA Rich Vogel was finally canned and took a new position at Battlecry to fuck up Fallout Online and the F2p system was being taken over by Jeff, to calling out Brad's shitbag followers that have never helped his career one time by simply being honest with the guy with this latest pantheon debacle, to the Curt Schilling mess. TESO requires special love. It's a cluster fuck of mismanaged potential sucked in by the same relics that should not be making games because they never listen to their teams, and the only ones that defend their behavior or still sit out on the internet sidelines throwing keyboard strokes at the glasshouse is some shit-tag that works for them, or a troll.

I don't need to prove shit you little fucking internet maggot. I'll always tell the truth about what I know, I have no reason to make it up, and I sure as fuck am not going to stop regardless of what you, or any shillhead/pseudo-poster hoping their boss sees them come to their rescue in the hopes of a producer promotion, says. And you know what else waste of bandwidth? I cannot tell you how many times people came to me asking if I wanted to blog for them for web hits and ad dollars - or even make my own site calling this shit out. You know what? I said no. Why? I don't do it for money. I do it to get better games made or, if anything, help a few friends in the industry get things off their chest just trying to keep their heads above water doing something they ultimately love getting fucked by the top.

There isn't one thing I haven't said in this thread that isn't the 100% truth, and aside from the resounding cries of Rescola, seeing his product sink into the depths of wasted resources hoping he just gets it to ship and turn a profit so he can turn in his next resume while kissing managements ass thinking maybe he can sneak into the live team and be a producer to make over $80k a year; or the absolute 100% bullshit spin we have seen posted by our very own internet Amazon billboard Blackwulf, the proof will be out again once you all play the fucking thing and see that absent shit minded post 20 content that won't be anything like the other parts of the game because 90% of the assets went to Sage for 5 years for his 1-17 marketing experiment of which even that players cannot be tasked to level through to 10 to get to Cyrodil. So in closed beta they drop it to level 5. Soon that will be level 1. Partly because the level 1-17 content is fucking bland as shit, and the 20+ content got one pass from a janitor in December while Wheeler tries to make due with finally having assets to throw at PvP while frantically doing his best for the last 6 months he actually had more than one person on his team.

This will be the last I reply to it. From here on out, I'll just keep posting what I know, and from here on out, I won't give a flying fuck if you believe it or not. Because as I knew Jeff Butler was having an affair behind his wife's back before she even made the first knee drop, I know about the inner-workings of everything else surrounding this genre and industry.

Oh, to keep this on track - the game fucking sucks.
For someone who likes to proclaim you tell "The Truth", you sure do make up a lot of stuff you know is a lie. When called out on it, you make yourself look even more foolish by pretending the person who called you out is an employee of whatever game/company you happen to hate with a passion. Maybe you should take the time for some self-reflection and think about why people think you're insane.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Not to say that I'm agreeing with him but, how many games post EQ or even WoW have people subbed after the first month? or even three months? Let's face it. While starting up a MMO is fun and you want to believe you can fall in love again most MMO's always have something critically wrong in regards to the quality of life. Ut may point out everything that it is bad but in most cases I have found, there is always one point or another that evident that me personally will not make it after the first month.

I'm sure Ut could tell you the good out of every game since WoW but are any the points going to make you play it for any significant length of time? We can say games are beautiful, mechanic A is good, crafting is cool, etc. but when it comes down to it, they may have a short list of good, another standard list of mechanics, and then a list of game breaking issues.

Best thing to do is to find the good of whatever game you're looking at and then place your list next to Ut's list and see if it's worth it. Most of the Ut is right and unfortunately the good has out weighed the bad.
It's funny you post this because out of the good, the bad comes.

Take a look at the accessibility WoW gives everyone, and I could list off about 60 things that need to change because they took it way too far. I cannot even load the phased in populations from across whatever the hell servers they are coming from in populated city areas. Christ, I went back to that game a few days ago and couldn't even find the damn mail box the whole screen was cluttered. It doesn't even feel like a world anymore, it feels like my own personal loot pinata. World of Warcraft now compared to what Vanilla/BC World of Warcraft is a lesson on what happens when accessibility destroys the very genre you are hoping to play in, in the first place. The good things from TSW. New puzzle quests, great atmosphere, Franklin mansion/haunted amusement areas... I cannot tell you the last thing I actually remember from an area besides EQ where I actually remembered a zone I played in in an MMORPG. Before TSW the last time I could remember anything from an MMORPG and not just fly by the night mindless playing, was EQ. Unrest/Lguk/KC/Seb/TOFS. Where TSW fell off? As with any other Funcom game, for some reason the latter 80% of the game loses all creativity.

Like you said, we aren't playing them. Why am I playing WoW? I am still with the same group of people and say hi once in a while, and Loderunner, a good friend of mine who I play drunken games with on weekends my wife works, started playing again and I gave it another shot to see loot island. Community that woudl have * never * been built as of today. Meeting people that span steam accounts, games, MMORPG's... But it all started with MMORPG's.

As a side note, I couldn't believe the abortion of this overland realm sharing shit. Again, when accessibility goes too far. Hopefully things will start reverting back. At least they say the mistake with their RMAH with Diablo 3 and are taking it out. Let's hope they reverse some more decisions.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Just so I am clear... the decision to lock the beta at under 20 (under 17 really since no level 18-20 content was in), is a deliberate strategy to sell boxes based upon a false premise - that the rest of the game is of a similar content quality? You are saying that Zeni knows the rest of the game is of a much lower quality and are deliberately hiding that fact because they know it will diminish box sales? That's the stuff of class action law suits.
You do realize this has been going on since the first EQ expansion has been released right? Only difference is the leveling curve was so steep with EQ that they had months to finish the content they had already sold in an expansion. TESO's post 17 content is worse than the 1-17 content. Nothing gets any better. It's the reason why they are dropping the cyrodil requirements to level 1 before launch (It has now dropped to level 5 in closed beta). Because they are realizing that if no one can suffer through 10 levels just to get to the RvR action, access opportunities at level 1 may keep them subbed longer than the free 30 days. You should ask yourself the reason why their NDA is still in place.

I was even impressed with Dave Georgeson when he admitted the NDA was in place to stop negative communities if the Landmark Alpha went downhill to protect their revenue.

We've all known this for a while, but the NDA here and level cap is done on purpose. It doesn't really take a genius to see passed the scam at this point - since about everyone here has been burned.