The Elder Scrolls Online

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
So instead of believing what you read about me catching Utnayan telling several lies (and other posters confirming it), do you believe him and think I work for Zenimax?
Hey retard. Read my post again please.I believe what I see.Those first 17 levels were the worst 17 levels I've ever experienced in any MMORPG game. Worse than EQ1, EQ2, CoH, WoW, Warhammer, SWTOR, GW1, GW2... jesus. I've probably forgotten how many games I've played, let alone think of a game that's worse than TESO... WAIT! WAIT A GOD DAMNED MINUTE! I remember an MMO that was worse than ESO! YES! IT WAS VANGUARD IN BETA! I remember seeing horribly misplaced mobs like ESO has. Thank god... whew... Thinking of a game worse than ESO was making my brain shit itself.

This isn't about faith in a fucking video game that hasn't been released, Mr. Shit-for-brains. It's about knowing what quality is. It's about seeing what quality is. I'm not here to act fanatical about inner office drama or explaining why the game was designed like shit. I'm here to be fanatical about what a good game is. Guys like you and Blackwulf have no concept of what good game design is, nor do you appreciate it. I, on the other hand, appreciate it. I can list the games alone in the past year which are much better buys from all genres.

EQ1 is more fun than ESO is. Think about that for a moment. An MMO that's a over a decade stale is better than your brand new MMO. Hide behind your NDA all you want. It's my personal opinion that.... well that's just plain pathetic. Even a year after going back to it, I actually have fond contemporary memories of the zones and content I played in god damned NORRATH of all places. Meanwhile, the memories I have of TESO are three weekends of piss-poor content that got WORSE every following weekend. More bugs, More zone chat complaining. Longer loading times. Trust me, I gave each class (yes, all four of them!) a good honest try. It's worth mentioning that the sorcerer was the most boring MMO class I've ever laid hands on.

Do you honestly believe for a mili-second that the content GETS BETTER as you get higher leveled? Since when in the history of all MMO does content GET BETTER as you get higher leveled? Other than the dungeon content in WoW, even the higher level zones of WoW got slightly more and more stale, and that's WoW we are talking about. You know, the game that was an earth-shattering financial success while being nothing sort of an epic victory in game design that shook the entire fuckng industry to its very core.

Go look at my steam profile and go see how many hours I've put into a very specific game recently. Take that number of hours and convert it to minutes (1 hour = 1 minute.) A grand majority of players WILL NOT play your trash basket of a game for longer than that amount of time. You can take that to the bank.Hell, you can even believe it.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
/\ He is absolutely correct.

I've never seen someone so random and so wrong at the same time as you are right now. But your delusional rantings are funny so please continue.
While you protect your board's profits from the hand that feeds you. I know that too. So I'll keep posting and know you pretty much have to say this or start facing losing web hits or have some of your writing staff not get access to those same developers that cause this unethical development cycle to continue anyway for Junkies. Do everyone a favor and don't turn it into that for your own wallet. If developers give your writers access, fine. Don't let them hold it over your head because there is someone in their midsts posting the truth of what goes on behind these organizations and how the top is fairly corrupt to the nth degree. You were going to flat out ban me when I was about to call out all these so called delusional thoughts when real life information came into play that I could do it. That lasted long.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
While you protect your board's profits from the hand that feeds you. I know that too. So I'll keep posting and know you pretty much have to say this or start facing losing web hits or have some of your writing staff not get access to those same developers that cause this unethical development cycle to continue anyway for Junkies. Do everyone a favor and don't turn it into that for your own wallet. If developers give your writers access, fine. Don't let them hold it over your head because there is someone in their midsts posting the truth of what goes on behind these organizations and how the top is fairly corrupt to the nth degree.
The fact that you even said anything like this makes you pretty clueless and just reinforces what everyone else is saying.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The fact that you even said anything like this makes you pretty clueless and just reinforces what everyone else is saying.
The fact I had information to back me up in another thread but face banning if I posted it, because it would reflect poorly on your site and would scare off developers to speak to your "journalists" should reinforce everything I have ever said.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The fact I had information to back me up in another thread but face banning if I posted it, because it would reflect poorly on your site and would scare off developers to speak to your "journalists" should reinforce everything I have ever said.
You're like the Lumie for the video game section. At least he's one of the best LOL players in the world.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Bullshit why do you care if you get baned from a game you vehemently despise?
Maybe he really is having fun in the closed beta but has to maintain his reputation as a frothing at the mouth hater of MMOs not designed like EQ1.

BTW I thought of another test for Utnayan to prove to us he is in the closed beta. I've made several posts in the closed beta forums on multiple topics. If he can come here and list the subject titles of those threads, I will apologize to him and admit he has the best inside info insight on the MMO industry of any MMO player in history.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
You're trying too hard dude.
What am I? A modern-day Furor? Oh that's rich. I'm nowhere close to being Furor. He said the exact same shit about how he spent a ridiculous amount of time playing EQ1 before moving onto WoW without giving it a second thought. Did you tell him then that he was trying too hard then? Probably not. Because his game became a resounding success and not a box-sale whore like the first Star Wars MMO.

There are two types of people that I know in real life related to ESO. Those who have played it and wouldn't go near it with a ten foot pole and those who haven't tried it and will buy it, because their friends asked them too. At least I can stand by what I say 4 months from now. Either way I'll be having a blast playing a real game while others mope about being boring as usual.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
What am I? A modern-day Furor? Oh that's rich. I'm nowhere close to being Furor. He said the exact same shit about how he spent a ridiculous amount of time playing EQ1 before moving onto WoW without giving it a second thought. Did you tell him then that he was trying too hard then? Probably not.Because his game became a resounding successand not a box-sale whore like the first Star Wars MMO.
Which is exactly why there have been so many WoW clones and zero EQ1 clones. The raids that Furor helped create in WoW as well as the design of the rest of the game is one reason it was so popular. The fact that no company, not even SOE, developed a EQ1 clone should tell you something.

BTW to answer one of your earlier questions"Do you honestly believe for a mili-second that the content GETS BETTER as you get higher leveled? Since when in the history of all MMO does content GET BETTER as you get higher leveled?" the answer is an obvious "yes". Pretty much every MMO I have played most of the content is geared towards end game content for players at the level cap (ex. end game raiding, competitive PVP, elite/veteran dungeons).

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Which is exactly why there have been so many WoW clones and zero EQ1 clones. The raids that Furor helped create in WoW as well as the design of the rest of the game is one reason it was so popular. The fact that no company, not even SOE, developed a EQ1 clone should tell you something.

BTW to answer one of your earlier questions"Do you honestly believe for a mili-second that the content GETS BETTER as you get higher leveled? Since when in the history of all MMO does content GET BETTER as you get higher leveled?" the answer is an obvious "yes". Pretty much every MMO I have played most of the content is geared towards end game content for players at the level cap (ex. end game raiding, competitive PVP, elite/veteran dungeons).
And that's completely wrong. And meant to keep people on the carrot. "Game starts at this" is a great way to keep people attracted to the same borish content hoping they may like another segment of the game because it was gated on purpose to lengthen a subscription. And it is never as "Awesome" as they say it will be.

They are so screwed on this one that they lowered the bar to level 5 to get into RvR instead of 10 in closed beta. That is because they don't think they can even keep people subscribed passed the first month through mind numbingly boring 1-10 content to get to the RvR and need to ungate the content. Meaning, they are shitting their pants.

And you know as well as I do how boring post 20 content is currently. At least Kedwyn and Pyksel will agree with that.

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
I've never seen polished endgame content at release in the last, let's say 8 years. A few months in things usually get better, but by then I (and a lot of others) am usually gone. Maybe things have changed and I have picked the wrong games. I don't play MMO's like I used to in the past because I don't have the time anymore, but I can't really come up with a recent title where I tought the endgame was really well done, let alone finished.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
These games are never done. name one fucking game that released with a pllished and finished end game. Even the 1000lb gorilla, wow, was released unfinished. It sucks, but thats just the nature of these games.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I've never seen polished endgame content at release in the last, let's say 8 years. A few months in things usually get better, but by then I (and a lot of others) am usually gone. Maybe things have changed and I have picked the wrong games. I don't play MMO's like I used to in the past because I don't have the time anymore, but I can't really come up with a recent title where I tought the endgame was really well done, let alone finished.
Now you're trying to change the argument. You asked if any MMO got better in higher levels and the answer is obviously Yes. Whether end game raiding is polished to the level of quality that you personally approve of is a different issue.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think the game that came the closest to fully done was Rift. Its been a while, someone correct me if im wrong. But I remember that game was pretty much finished for what they had at release.