The Elder Scrolls Online

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Early on yes but after the "thank you for your feedback but we have our own vision and internal metrics we are using instead, just play the game and use /bug" letter (around may) combined with their general lack of feed back except "please contact support at 888xxxxxxx" most stopped caring. In their defense they got a little better at communicating. Not great but a little as time went on but this wasn't what I would call a good beta.

Regardless this isn't the time for feedback it's far too late to change anything at this point. Their schedule is already full from now to launch with tons of stuff that they simply won't have time to hit. Even 6 months ago it's more about bugs and getting the server code tested at various loads not making design changes.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
so my post to get rid of UT got you to register today and finally post? welcome to the forum.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I've read every page of this thread (mostly) I skim over a lot of Blackwulf's and Rescorlas targeted 1-up disproval attempts as it's gotten monotonous.

Removing Ut here would do this thread an immense disservice, as he's one of the few here not slurping this games engourged "money-grabber"

Thank you for your kind consideration to the over-all health of this thread,

Vitality
like Ut as well, hes a funny dude. But we don't need him to save us. Were all rational adults here and can easily wade through the bullshit ourselves.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
While I neither disagree or agree with you Rescorla, I find your line of thinking very one tracked, and choose to spare myself of it.
Ummm OK. If you think my line of thinking is one tracked, feel free to ignore me. I'm just curious to know why you value Utnayan's opinion since he is the king of one track thinking, even when provided info that proves he was wrong.

Vitality

HUSTLE
like Ut as well, hes a funny dude. But we don't need him to save us. Were all rational adults here and can easily wade through the bullshit ourselves.
The rationality and adulthood of forum goers isn't quite so easily labeled I'm afraid, as is the purpose of this thread. Or so I can surmise.

I for one appreciate this thread quite a bit, and all it's contributors (However rational or irational they may be), as it has been a valuable feedback tool for me.

Happiness get's lost when the mind blacks out the positive for the negative. Wisdom is lost when the mind blacks out the negative for the positive. Find your balance in this thread, or you're just wasting your time.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
I'm currently curious as to what people expected when they thought of TESO. Something like the Myst series, but multiplayer? 'Cause I could never imagine something actually like Skyrim being an MMO. You can't grant a million people that kind of freedom at once... right?

One day gaming sites will all carry a lil' blurb about a raving lunatic getting arrested while going through Paul Sage's garbage and I'll be sure we've heard the last of dear, sweet Utnayan.

kudos

<Banned>
After watching a 1-15 nightblade playthrough on youtube I must say I'm actually looking forward to this game. I will actually download the beta next time they announce another weekend. It seems the world (from what I've seen) is well done and rather interesting. You just have to change your mindset and think it's an online ES game and not an MMO. If what you want is to just casually run around a fantasy world then this game seems to be perfect.

I haven't actually player it just quickly watched some gameplay. My interest is rising however.

khalid

Unelected Mod
While I neither disagree or agree with you Rescorla, I find your line of thinking very one tracked, and choose to spare myself of it.
You find Rescorla's line of reasoning one tracked, but approve of Utnayan's posting? You make no sense.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Early on yes but after the "thank you for your feedback but we have our own vision and internal metrics we are using instead, just play the game and use /bug" letter (around may) combined with their general lack of feed back except "please contact support at 888xxxxxxx" most stopped caring. In their defense they got a little better at communicating. Not great but a little as time went on but this wasn't what I would call a good beta.

Regardless this isn't the time for feedback it's far too late to change anything at this point. Their schedule is already full from now to launch with tons of stuff that they simply won't have time to hit. Even 6 months ago it's more about bugs and getting the server code tested at various loads not making design changes.
Funny that you mentioned vision because when I hear criticism like yours about the PVE content, I think back to McQuaids "Vision" for EQ1. Zenimax has their own "Vision" for ESO and that means the level 1-50 content is designed primarily for the solo player and the goal is to make it as close to the single player RPG experience as possible. The traditional MMO part of the game doesn't kick in until you do group dungeons and AvA.

Whether you approve or disapprove of that design decision or whether you like or dislike how they implemented their design is all a matter of opinion. I guess we will find out in a few weeks what the prevailing opinion is.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
FYI the reason there are no mobs in that video is because the player encountered a bug in the weekend beta and "fell thru the world". That isn't the real Riften zone you will play in.
So wait, he fell thru the world and into an alternate zone data set? That doesn't make a lot of sense. If he fell thru the world, it wouldn't spawn another data set (Zone only without mobs) on the same build of a game. You would get what is in that build, regardless.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
FYI the reason there are no mobs in that video is because the player encountered a bug in the weekend beta and "fell thru the world". That isn't the real Riften zone you will play in.
I apologize for not taking your word for it. Feel free to provide your empirical evidence in the form of video or screenshots. Otherwise, you can have a seat next to Utnayan in the corner.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I apologize for not taking your word for it. Feel free to provide your empirical evidence in the form of video or screenshots. Otherwise, you can have a seat next to Utnayan in the corner.
He could be a dev and not want to tell us (as others have pointed out), I've had a hard time coming to a conclusion on this, the context certainly is there though.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
You don't have to take my word for it. You can go to YouTube and see the creator of the video (McYawgi) admit it himself.