The Elder Scrolls Online

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Zenimax has their own "Vision" for ESO and that means the level 1-50 content is designed primarily for the solo player and the goal is to make it as close to the single player RPG experience as possible. The traditional MMO part of the game doesn't kick in until you do group dungeons and AvA.

Whether you approve or disapprove of that design decision or whether you like or dislike how they implemented their design is all a matter of opinion. I guess we will find out in a few weeks what the prevailing opinion is.
Wasn't that Ut's point though, that for whatever reason, the end result is a poor, bland, mediocre experience that doesn't in any way live up to the single player experience, which on top of requiring a sub fee (or possible cash shop in a few months?), would ultimately turn people off and hurt the series in general. Blizzard/Diablo3 isn't a far off example of this.

Yeah we'll find out in a few weeks. What's the measurement of success here that we should compare to? The long line of Elder Scrolls games? A WoW killer? SWTOR/AoC/Warhammer? Diablo 3? GuildWars 2?

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
You don't have to take my word for it. You can go to YouTube and see the creator of the video (McYawgi) admit it himself.
Cute. Obviously my concern is the "bug" and not the pile of unfinished content shown in that video. See, you said....

The PvE content is finished and ready to launch.
...and then I showed a video where that clearly wasn't the case. I know, I know... the weekend beta build is a completely different build than the closed beta... blab, blah, blah. Point being, that's an awfully unfinished portion of the game. Why not take this opportunity to provide evidence to the contrary?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Cute. Obviously my concern is the "bug" and not the pile of unfinished content shown in that video. See, you said....

...and then I showed a video where that clearly wasn't the case. I know, I know... the weekend beta build is a completely different build than the closed beta... blab, blah, blah. Point being, that's an awfully unfinished portion of the game. Why not take this opportunity to provide evidence to the contrary?
Have you ever fallen thru the world in any MMO? I have a couple of times in EQ1 and WoW and when it happens, you don't end up in a fully functional world. You are forced to log off and hope it self corrects or seek a GM to get you out. Surely you knew that right?

Kedwyn himself verified all the PVE content is in the game. Do you not believe him either?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Have you ever fallen thru the world in any MMO? I have a couple of times in EQ1 and WoW and when it happens, you don't end up in a fully functional world. You are forced to log off and hope it self corrects or seek a GM to get you out. Surely you knew that right?

Kedwyn himself verified all the PVE content is in the game. Do you not believe him either?
Is this rhetorical? I'm having trouble finding value here, not that I mean to pick your words apart or anything. Really trying hard to place value in your words today.

Much appreciation,

Vitality

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider

That's what I thought.

rrr_img_60426.gif

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

I was a guide and when you fell under the world in EQ, the only other thing with you under the world were the same mobs that fell thru the same Z-Axis holes. The biggest offender of this in EQ was dreadlands. I would go around using the /kill command on about 18 spiders every night I would guide simply because sooner or later some unsuspecting player would get killed by one somehow.

It didn't spawn an entirely different overland data set without population/itemization - however.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
That's all subjective crap right there. One mans epic game is another mans epic fail. That's like trying to argue that red is better than blue.
That's fair. We could go back and forth about how some people are on either side of the fence.

But if as Rescorla says ZO specifically wanted 1-50 to be as close to TES single player as possible, how does it hold up then? Just as good? Almost as good? Better?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was a guide and when you fell under the world in EQ, the only other thing with you under the world were the same mobs that fell thru the same Z-Axis holes. The biggest offender of this in EQ was dreadlands. I would go around using the /kill command on about 18 spiders every night I would guide simply because sooner or later some unsuspecting player would get killed by one somehow.

It didn't spawn an entirely different overland data set without population/itemization - however.
good thing all bugs are made the same, oh wait, they ...

go back to being a guide in EQ.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
You lost me.
I know... I'm sorry, this is really complicated. Let's try it again.

Obviously my concern isNOTthe "bug" butthe pile of unfinished contentshown in that video. See, you said....

The PvE content is finished and ready to launch.
...and then I showed a video where that clearly wasn't the case. I know, I know... the weekend beta build is a completely different build than the closed beta... blab, blah, blah. Point being, that's an awfully unfinished portion of the game. Why not take this opportunity to provide evidence to the contrary? To prove to the masses that "the PvE content is finished and ready to launch" like you claim.

We'll accept videos or screenshots as form of payment.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
You lost me.

What do you think someone falling thru the world during the weekend beta test proves? Do you think it somehow proves Utnayan was correct about the post 17 zones being unfinished and buggy?
What he is asking you is of a video/screenshot showing Riften with NPC population, or at the very least, light sources.

Vitality

HUSTLE
What he is asking you is of a video/screenshot showing Riften with NPC population, or at the very least, light sources.
I will be happily surprised if Rescorla does provide this, as he holds the rest of this thread to a similar standard of statement backing quality. Unfortunately, a shadow of doubt looms overhead, of which I will happily retract from my overarching view of him.

Love and peace,
Vitality