The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
No, you just indirectly confirmed.
rolleyes.png
Oh give me a fucking break. You knew exactly what I meant with this. Age of Conan Tortage was even better than the regular game itself. I never said the content post 17+ itself wasn't populated, scripted. That's a far cry from it ever being any good. It isn't. That's also a far cry from it being tested, and it sure as hell will break being since we have 6 weeks to launch and the ENTIRE FUCKING 17+ GAME HAS NEVER BEEN OUTSIDE OF CLOSED BETA.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I can't decide which is more lame. Hating a game so much you make up lies about it or quibbling over semantics to avoid admitting you were wrong about something.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Now you are trolling.

For those that care, the 17-50 game is even more fucking boring than the 1-17 content that almost drove the majority of you to the brink of the excitement of watching paint dry. It's the reason why PvP levels were lowered to 5, and what they should really do is lower it to 1 and increase the XP within Cyrodill to let everyone bypass the content heard around the world as the most excitement one has had since watching Liberace's premiere on the Lawrence Welk show.

Everyone here should stick to talking about PvP because if you think you will be spending any amount of time in the PvE scope of this game, I will personally come to your house while you are level 7 and we can both realize the excitement on your face as I start reading to you, from start to finish, The Great Gatsby. In French.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The 17+ content is exactly like the under 17 content. It doesn't change much and is no Tortage. Couple of gems, lots of junk and mediocre. There is one specific decent aspect in the 45+ area which is under NDA I think so I won't discuss it but that particular area is a gem. I found the PVE in this game to be pretty terrible. If you enjoyed it then by all means pick up the game because its exactly the same shit to cap.

I think the reason they capped it in beta is people burning out. I can't speak to anyone specifically but we had a lot of people in the tests and it was pulling teeth to keep people playing past a certain and early point. When you have quite a few people in and you only have 5 or so online for test is kind of bad. Even when PVP came out most people aren't really bothering with the game except for a handful. I don't think we have a single person that enjoyed the PVE and for a PVP guild we have some PVE whores.

Many of us were testing since March of 2013 and by May we had so few people logging in it was pathetic. This was around the time they started raping the UI which was great back then and they started doing more focused testing in Ebon Heart which most of us despised that area. Daggerfall is by far the better story area. Followed by Dominion and Ebon Heart is total garbage once you get past the huge fire guy. After that its all the most boring political intrigue you could even dream up and tons and tons of dialogue for the most simple fucking thing. AT least Daggerfall is more action oriented with much less "go put this here" "go take this to" "go get this" "we need this placed on that" bull shit.

Even in the weekend tests I doubt most of you got past level 10 unless you did PVP.

There was a /level function for certain testers and I can tell you that UT it completely full of shit with this Tortage reference. The game at level 10 is exactly how it is at 20 or 30 or 40. if you like it, good for you. While he is right that its complete mediocre garbage for an Elder Scrolls game his specifics have mostly been incorrect (in game stuff).

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So I'm supposed to listen to you, an ex NFL player, who supposedly interviewed for a job at SOE, has the sekret Info's that aren't so sekret. Get a fucking life dude.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
There was a /level function for certain testers and I can tell you that UT it completely full of shit with this Tortage reference. The game at level 10 is exactly how it is at 20 or 30 or 40. if you like it, good for you. While he is right that its complete mediocre garbage for an Elder Scrolls game his specifics have mostly been incorrect (in game stuff).
I am basing the tortage reference on my opinion that the 1-17 was shit, and I didn't think it could get any worse, and it got worse. Christ, you said it yourself.

I am saying that because there have been a few bullshit artists saying that the game gets * TONS * better after the tutorial levels. Absolute bullshit. After it opens up, the only way it will get better is if you want to join PvP and completely forget the PvE exists. And then you'll be facing the issues I already discussed but Tuco said I cannot talk about them anymore so I won't I guess!

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
The 17+ content is exactly like the under 17 content. It doesn't change much and is no Tortage.

Thank you for confirming my point exactly.

The PvE content is finished and ready to launch. Of course there are still some bugs to quash but that is a given for any MMO.

If you like the PVE content from level 10-17 (past the starter areas) you will like the rest of the game because as Kedwyn correctly pointed out, it's exactly the same design. Every zone has one group dungeon, one public group dungeon, roughly 6 solo public dungeons, dark anchors, skull and crossbone bosses, and the solo quest lines.

If you don't like the PVE by level 17 you probably won't like it for the rest of the game until adventure zones are released.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I am basing the tortage reference on my opinion that the 1-17 was shit, and I didn't think it could get any worse, and it got worse. Christ, you said it yourself.

I am saying that because there have been a few bullshit artists saying that the game gets * TONS * better after the tutorial levels. Absolute bullshit. After it opens up, the only way it will get better is if you want to join PvP and completely forget the PvE exists. And then you'll be facing the issues I already discussed but Tuco said I cannot talk about them anymore so I won't I guess!
Actually what he said was the PVE stayed the same, not get worse.

A lot of posters here have stated the PVE improves a lot after you get off the starter areas (Bleakrock, Kenarthi Roost) and get to the first full sized zones.

BTW a LOT of beta testers had negative feedback on the starter areas so I imagine Zenimax will give them another pass before the game goes live.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Actually what he said was the PVE stayed the same, not get worse.

A lot of posters here have stated the PVE improves a lot after you get off the starter areas (Bleakrock, Kenarthi Roost) and get to the first full sized zones.

BTW a LOT of beta testers had negative feedback on the starter areas so I imagine Zenimax will give them another pass before the game goes live.
Because the first 15 passes weren't enough? Paul Sage had 3 years with the starter areas. The 17-50 content has been passed what...Twice? They should be passing the 17-50 areas. If they have boring starter areas now after having all this time and all the passes they have had already, and it is still in this shape.... Why waste the resources on something that cannot see anything but very miniscule changes in the weeks leading up to launch?

My advice, and I am going to not be negative.

1) Level 1 entry into Cyrodil to bypass all PvE as an option.
2) A huge itemization pass/overhaul (Not from an art stand point - but from a stat stand point - nothing can be done with the art variation at this late stage of the game)
3) Increase all PvP level gains across the board to make it a viable leveling process.
4) Decrease the length of the campaign from 90 days to 14.
5) Eliminate campaign hopping entirely within PvP

Flight

Molten Core Raider
i) Not sure why you think that; seems to me that they have ignored any feedback they have had on many significant issues. Sure we can point out one or two things but overall it isn't typical.

ii) For me they would have to scrap the starting areas totally and start from scratch. Trying to get through the starting areas to see if the game is worth playing is like being forced through a meat grinder. Painful, generic, uninspiring, not fun.

It's at once pitiful and gutting that the biggest and best open world PvE RPG series in its MMO incarnation will be relying on its PvP to have anything at all going for it.

Suspect it will make a small profit due to pre sales and cashing in on the name, but the damage it will do to the reputation of the company, the IP and MMO gaming in general will be massive.

We can look forward to another 12 months of articles about how MMO gaming is uninspired and how subscription model has no future or anything to offer - resulting in it being increasingly difficult for inventive MMOs and games to get funding.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think we all know UT's opinion, 6 months+ of it. Can he just be told to not post in this thread anymore? seriously. It's the same tired post after post, I think we've all heard it enough.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
It's at once pitiful and gutting that the biggest and best open world PvE RPG series in its MMO incarnation will be relying on its PvP to have anything at all going for it.

Suspect it will make a small profit due to pre sales and cashing in on the name, but the damage it will do to the reputation of the company, the IP and MMO gaming in general will be massive.
You assume Kedwyn's negative opinion about the PVE will be the prevailing opinion. While he is certainly entitled to his opinion, I can tell you right now based on the comments on the closed beta forums his negative opinion is in the vast minority.

The most common gripe is how phasing prevents players who have completed the phased quest from going back and helping other people complete. Players LIKE how phasing creates immersion, they just don't like how it creates barriers to grouping.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
You just described just about every closed beta forum and the general developer cock slurping that goes on. It's never indicative of anything especially release sentiment.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I think we all know UT's opinion, 6 months+ of it. Can he just be told to not post in this thread anymore? seriously. It's the same tired post after post, I think we've all heard it enough.
I've read every page of this thread (mostly) I skim over a lot of Blackwulf's and Rescorlas targeted 1-up disproval attempts as it's gotten monotonous.

Removing Ut here would do this thread an immense disservice, as he's one of the few here not slurping this games engourged "money-grabber"

Thank you for your kind consideration to the over-all health of this thread,

Vitality

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
You just described just about every closed beta forum and the general developer cock slurping that goes on. It's never indicative of anything especially release sentiment.
Have you been posting any of your negative feedback about the game on the closed forums?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I've read every page of this thread (mostly) I skim over a lot of Blackwulf's and Rescorlas targeted 1-up disproval attempts as it's gotten monotonous.

Removing Ut here would do this thread an immense disservice, as he's one of the few here not slurping this games engourged "money-grabber"

Thank you for your kind consideration to the over-all health of this thread,

Vitality
There is this unique concept called integrity and I just happened to be one of the few posters here who knew Utnayan was outright lying so I exposed him.

What does it say about your values that you continue to believe him over me?

Vitality

HUSTLE
There is this unique concept called integrity and I just happened to be one of the few posters here who knew Utnayan was outright lying so I exposed him.

What does it say about your values that you continue to believe him over me?
While I neither disagree or agree with you Rescorla, I find your line of thinking very one tracked, and choose to spare myself of it.