The Elder Scrolls Online

khalid

Unelected Mod
Utnayan talks about shills, and then we have a poster just randomly show up to call everyone but Utnayan one-sided on the subject. Hurm.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
That idiot would rather believe Utnayan than use his brain and apply some common sense.
I want to believe you, but unlike some of the lemmings around here I desire proof.

Utnayan could also step up if he wasn't too busy playing both sides.

rrr_img_60427.jpg

Vitality

HUSTLE
How many hours a week would you be playing? We had people play nonstop and get to veteran ranks in a few days. Others are taking a more casual approach and obviously taking a lot longer.

The ones who rushed to veteran rank are the hardcore MMOers who want to do AvA and veteran dungeons. The ones taking their time tend to be the hardcore TES fans.
I tend to hit MMO's pretty hard, however I found myself slowing down to smell the roses, get the runes, listen to what the various npc's had to say.

Hell, I even found a bard in a tavern and /luted while he sang. My jimmies shimmied during that not so MMO moment, some random female gamer sent me a tell.. apparently she was delighted with it too. Fuck am I an RP'er? lol

After the roses lose their smell though, I need some real goal to reach in the endgame, we're talking leaderboards/epeen/community presence.

I feel like AVA will hold my interest/epeen long enough, with a caveat, it has to be worth something (anything really). I'm gone as soon as it loses value, or becomes "Nameless" in the fact that I can't make a name for myself.

With that said, It's sad to say, but I'm a bit worried I won't find that in this game.

Maybe you guys can help me quell the worry, atleast that's why I'm reading your laments, revelries, and trollings.

- Vitality

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I would like to take the time to apologize to Grave. Grave isn't Rescorla, and I am sorry I put you in the same league as that retard.

I do know you work for Lambert though (After all, Rich hired you - and he is a great guy - obviously you know this.)

All bullshit aside, and you'll probably know where I am coming from with this, I wish he would have been given the team lead position when Zeb Cook was canned. I would be just as fired up for this I would bet as some of the zealots, and he would have made some VERY different decisions. I hesitate to rip on the PvP aspects as being just like GW2 at the moment, because Brian Wheeler had one other guy on his team and literally no resources so from a design stand point, the guy did a whole shitload of awesome given he had zero team until Fall of last year (Or there-abouts)

The post mortem on this will be amazing once it hits the streets. I would like to nominate Grave to take charge of a game, because I know he would learn from the mistakes of the relics and drive the genre in a different direction.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Well, if we ignore your potential Fight Club style self shoutouts to Ut, it's obvious you are giving this game a fair shake and not just blasting it. Right.

I'm not surprised in the least on how this exchange ended. Shill on!
Obviously my concern isNOTthe "bug" butthe pile of unfinished contentshown.
The lag was intentional. Zenimax was just stressing their servers.
Why not wait for another month after when it goes F2P?
Yeah, I thought about that too.... Age of Conan all over again.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rift is in and finished, otherwise EP players couldn't advance to CH and into the other alliance content, which plenty have done. Vid is just a bug, although admittedly it is interesting that it didn't just load up the proper zone. Not sure why it wouldn't either.
Thanks for this. You've been around for awhile, and this makes me feel better about picking this up.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I would like to take the time to apologize to Grave. Grave isn't Rescorla, and I am sorry I put you in the same league as that retard.
LOL if I'm a retard, what does that make you? I'm not the one who got caught lying left and right and then making a fool of myself after getting exposed.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
it's obvious you are giving this game a fair shake and not just blasting it. Right.
From what I've played, it's not a good PvE game and I don't think that is a minority view. The PvP portion is fun. The fact there is a sub is almost insulting since we have yet to see their post launch roadmap.

I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings. Hug?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Enough of this dumb back and forth, it's childish and embarrassing. I don't really care that Vitality and Utnayan are the same person, Xaxius is obviously not Utnayan, Rescorla isn't Blackwulf and Blackwulf really hasn't earned a paycheck for his shilling.

Keep it focused on TESO, please.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
From what I've played, it's not a good PvE game and I don't think that is a minority view. The PvP portion is fun. The fact there is a sub is almost insulting since we have yet to see their post launch roadmap.

I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings. Hug?
I'm not here for drama, but actual game discussions. How much of the actual game have you played? You've blasted it, and I'd like to know why since most of your positions appear to be based on third party videos.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
There is this unique concept called integrity and I just happened to be one of the few posters here who knew Utnayan was outright lying so I exposed him.

What does it say about your values that you continue to believe him over me?
You keep saying you exposed him. While constantly saying to him "post screenshots", while you not doing the same, and saying "oh no, closed beta still under NDA". And closed beta still being under NDA sort of invalidates your whole high horse "lolol UT was full of shit about the NDA". He wasn't.

Secondly. I first had the displeasure of noticing Ut in FoH during the Vanguard days when he called me a fucking retard for shilling Vanguard, because I continued to believe what the developers were saying, while he was claiming inside information about it being a mess. I so wanted that game to be good.
And I hated the guy during those days. Stop ranting about Vanguard, you be jinxing it!!! Then summers poofed. Mismanagement. Engine stutters. Sales, takeovers, layoffs...... sadness.

Safe to say once that ended, it was quite clear he did know about things behind the scenes.

So between you/Blackwulf and him, and your opposite standpoints, there is

1) You- A new poster. I have no idea who you are. Who continuously respond to Ut and seem just as fanatical to disprove his statements as he is in making them. Something I have previously said is weird, because he talks about specifics and generally not topics that are easy to disprove. Hence most older posters just let him rant, as few of us have any knowledge to disprove him. It is either a believe or not believe thing. And he is not throwing "darts" as I saw posted earlier. He may be vocal and say the same things over and over, but he is also one of the most specific posters on this forum when it comes to outlining where the problems will come from.

2) Utnayan, A decade+ long poster (he called me a newb 04er or something of the lines in the FoH forums) who has been quite proven to have insider information before. I remember the Vanguard days clearly, because I have never been more invested in a game, and his rants here are minor compared to that. Rants were the same though. Not about small bugs like quests and the likes, but outright broken engines and bad management. Stuff that most of us have no idea of. I chose not to believe him. I was wrong.

So either he has gotten dementia in his old age, and is ranting for no reason now, or .... there is something behind it.

Then there is the whole thing of me getting to try the beta now. Trying it certainly did not make me think "Oh Ut is so full of shit!" while playing because there were many a issue apparent right away. Including the thing about targeting which I mentioned earlier, which I don't see them fixing, and I don't see how it can't be an issue in PvP giving ranged a massive edge.

Point being. I chose to value his statements due to past accuracies based on personal history. Because I have seen him rant. I have seen him called, and I have called him, as you do, a liar, and ... he wasn't. Simple as that.

Not saying I believe every word he says, but he at least has a history to back things up. While your constant "Oh I exposed Ut as the liar he is!" ... I haven't seen that at all. NDA is still there. There were massive server problems last beta leading to broken quests. The targeting was utterly messed up with no combat log that I could see to let you know what was going on and I haven't seen one thing anywhere from higher level content.

That being said, it would be awesome if they released a fantastic game. So far though, I haven't seen it. Feel free to make a youtube video of the higher level content! Would love to see it!

Vitality

HUSTLE
Enough of this dumb back and forth, it's childish and embarrassing. I don't really care that Vitality and Utnayan are the same person, Xaxius is obviously not Utnayan, Rescorla isn't Blackwulf and Blackwulf really hasn't earned a paycheck for his shilling.

Keep it focused on TESO, please.
I got a right good chuckle, thanks Tuco.

Can I hear some more beta experiences, primarily regarding healing mechanics/plate wearing hybridizations etc. Something I'm largely interested in.

Muchos gracias guapo's,
Vitality

Blackwulf

N00b
Why does my name keep coming up? I've mostly stayed out of this recent shit. Personally, I'm just fucking stoked for this game to come out, especially after the latest PVP vids, and after getting confirmation from lots of sources that the entire content 1-50 is ready to go. I'm also excited to see what adventure zones are going to be like. I've pretty much stopped reading Utnayan's walls of text, as it's the same old shit.

I'm happy to hear about the Lua mods, and some guy on another forum said that there are several full UI mods in the works - not sure how extensive they can be, but it's cool that Zenimax is allowing some flexibility.

Shit man, I was so bored this weekend. I've not been this ready for a new MMO in a LONG time. I ended up loading up Mount and Blade and having some fun with that. Hurry up, March 30!

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Maybe this community does Tuco.
I do not need a pseudohandle and haven't for the last 12 years. I can fight my own battles up to the brink of being banned, and/or fully banned - and I won't bat an internet eyelash. And regardless of what you throw around here in this thread, even you have been around long enough to know that.

Thanks Droigan. It's going to take a boatload of dirty laundry being aired to get this fucking industry straight. A few folks have even asked me to start taking it to a higher level to have a voice for all those folks. Right now I am fine for here, that all depends on just how Tuco and Draegan want to run this site.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"- I'm in beta, kneel before my knowledge !"
"- We demand proof !"
"- I can't prove anything or I'm getting banned !"
"- You are a liar, I know it because I'm in beta !"
"- Prove it !"
"- I can't, I'm afraid of breaking NDA !"

etc

Utnayan is winning this thread because besides all the bullshitthing, neverending, whining, guessing bullshit he has produced over the last months in this thread, people are still talking to him like he's a fine, respectable gentleman who enjoys honest debate. They're trying to "call him out", to "make him go out of the bushes", to "prove he's a liar", etc. Any of his posts is anticipated like Jesus coconut poledancing Christ then CSI-examined on every angle with a laser microscope. Any mistyped word of him, any comma is meta-interpreted on a cosmic level. Anyone stepping on his crusade path get stomped like a little bitch, Blackwulf is Matt Firor, Rescola is Matt Firor, Grave is Matt Firor, Matt Firor isn't even Matt Firor anymore but a reptilian who'll take control of Earth via videogames. There are beta players combing Zenimax's Tamriel, seeking any character with a name related to Utnayan, or any suspicious name really. People are getting mad, they want to take sides, but they can't because that would mean they're either Zenimax CM employees or Utnayan's minions. There is no middle ground, one must choose his allegiance. The irony is we've formed two distinct camps to discuss a game made by people who forces people playing the three camp RvR thing for decades now. What have we become ?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
You keep saying you exposed him. While constantly saying to him "post screenshots", while you not doing the same, and saying "oh no, closed beta still under NDA". And closed beta still being under NDA sort of invalidates your whole high horse "lolol UT was full of shit about the NDA". He wasn't.
First off, I believe it was Tuco calling for Ut to provide screenshots, not me. What I told Ut he could do was send me a tell/mail in game. He refused to do that because he claimed I would get him banned. Apparently because I have a positive view of the game and I started posting recently (after lurking for close to a decade) he thinks I work for Zenimax.

On one of his rants, he made the claim there was no way to test if any of the abilities were working because you had no idea how much damage you were doing. That statement was what led me to doubt Utnayan was actually in the closed beta and that he was lying to everyone here about it. As one of the few closed beta testers here, I knew that was incorrect because there have been addons (specifically a combat log and scrolling combat text) that provide that functionality for several weeks. Instead of just coming clean and admitting he was just making it all up, Utnayan doubled down and went into full nutjob mode. He even went on to say that addon functionality had been disabled. No one who was actually in the closed beta would actually say something so obviously incorrect. If you are smart enough to know that 2+2=4, then the only logical conclusion you could make is that he was lying about being in the closed beta. The fact that numerous of the videos released last week clearly prove that addons are working just fine should be all the evidence you need to figure it out for yourself.

Unless Utnayan continues to claim he is in the closed beta, this will be my last post on the topic. If he still insists on lying, I will keep pointing them all out.