The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
That sound was Bioware laughing...yes Bioware laughing. We may have a new low bar.
Well, I guess that's better than the Star Wars Galaxies beta Phase 1 where we stood in place around a half built City in Tatooine, and the servers would crash within 30 seconds. Wait 3 hours, and do it again hoping they wouldn't crash for 45 seconds.
eek.png

eek.png

eek.png

Blackwulf

N00b
You guys are a hoot to read. I'm looking forward to seeing this play out over the next few months - who will be smiling smugly, and who will be eating tons of crow? Utnayan or Matt Firor?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You guys are a hoot to read. I'm looking forward to seeing this play out over the next few months - who will be smiling smugly, and who will be eating tons of crow? Utnayan or Matt Firor?
Dude, this game has fail written all over it. 3 hour beta for the character creation? ROFL

Blackwulf

N00b
Dude, this game has fail written all over it. 3 hour bets for the character creation? ROFL
Sure sure - sounds lame, indeed. We'll see though - maybe its the first time they've had outsiders hook into the MEGAserver! They gotta start this shit slow
wink.png

wink.png

wink.png

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Personally I will have to wait till I can try it without paying before I render a verdict but based on what has been released/shown it's not looking good.

I am curious though where blackwulf's confidence and almost out right declaration of success is coming from, unless I have missed something.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Personally I will have to wait till I can try it without paying before I render a verdict but based on what has been released/shown it's not looking good.

I am curious though where blackwulf's confidence and almost out right declaration of success is coming from, unless I have missed something.
A paycheck?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
A paycheck?
Pretty much
smile.png

maybe its the first time they've had outsiders hook into the MEGAserver! They gotta start this shit slow
They have tested it on and off network for a while now. The base of HeroEngine supports this same type of server, as you can tell with SWTOR and it's massive server consolidation. There isn't anything to test here anyway until the systems are in. When all the systems/content is in, that's when shit begins to break under load. Course you are most likely right, they want to see if their megaserver can handle 1,000 players creating characters all at once. That's quite a feat for them at this stage of the rewrite.
tongue.png

smile.png

tongue.png

smile.png

tongue.png

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am stunned by the sheer level of cock sucking that is going on from every gaming media site with respect to this game. They range from filling a piece with fluff about Elder Scrolls backstory to outright blazing lies about the game.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The targetting and quest aura are a bit over the top. Control system is fairly skyrim like, combat looks ok. It's interesting, I would love to have a go of it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am stunned by the sheer level of cock sucking that is going on from every gaming media site with respect to this game. They range from filling a piece with fluff about Elder Scrolls backstory to outright blazing lies about the game.
It's some of the most ridiculous pre-press cover up suck up for exclusives I have ever seen. My guess is they know if they want good coverage on ES6 they better play nice with Zenimax. That's what they are probably really after.

Faiona_sl

shitlord
Glowy stuff is definitely way too much. I hope there is at least an option to turn it off or tone it down. Besides that the graphics and combat look alright.