The Elder Scrolls Online

Vitality

HUSTLE
Waving goodbye to my weekened on a tuesday, I'm such a nerd.

Likely going to mess around with a "Blood Night" TM pending.
(Siphon Nightblade with heavy armor and a two handed sword/dual wield/bow/resto staff Bone Shield and blood well from undaunted *if I can get undaunted stuff in newb weekend*)

Buen Dia,
Vitality

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
How item centric is ES? Is it eq esque? where equipment makes all the difference in the world between two equivalently leveled characters?
Better gear means you have a larger magicka/stamina/health pool and higher regen rate which means you can use more of your class skills and weapon attacks compared to an undergeared player. It also means you likely have a higher armor, better resists, and higher damaging weapons.

As it stands right now the best gear in game can be acquired via crafting and I assume the reason for that is to help ensure PVP outcomes are based on tactics and skill, not gear.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Has anyone tried a kind of assassin-like dual wielding sorcerer? There are a bunch of skills that have damage reduction, weapon power, and teleportation and stuns (Dark Magic) that might be an interesting playstyle.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Has anyone tried a kind of assassin-like dual wielding sorcerer? There are a bunch of skills that have damage reduction, weapon power, and teleportation and stuns (Dark Magic) that might be an interesting playstyle.
If I'm not mistaken you can take dagger passives to increase crit chance as well. Not sure if it applies to abilities or not.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
If I'm not mistaken you can take dagger passives to increase crit chance as well. Not sure if it applies to abilities or not.
FYI that only applies to Weapon Crit% which means it only applies to the skills from the Dual Wield skill line as well as light and heavy attacks. For all class abilities regardless of the class, Spell Crit % is used to increase the chance of a class ability critical hit.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
Patch notes on the beta forum.

The Elder Scrolls Online v0.171 focuses on stability at high peak user load as we prep for launch day.

Please be aware that this is not the build currently on our PTS that has been in the news recently. That version is still in testing and is being refined on our PTS server before it is ready for a mass test. This test focuses on the overall stability of the game's underlying infrastructure. Our goal for this test is to have very short - or no - login queues and to have an overall smooth user experience for our worldwide audience.

Vitality

HUSTLE
FYI that only applies to Weapon Crit% which means it only applies to the skills from the Dual Wield skill line as well as light and heavy attacks. For all class abilities regardless of the class, Spell Crit % is used to increase the chance of a class ability critical hit.
Thanks for the clarification on this. So it's safe to assume that weapon passives are not cross compatible?

Appreciate it,

Vitality

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
If you hit up reddit, there are like a million threads of thousands of giveaways. I don't know why they just don't do open beta weekends.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Friend keys is a good way to have people hit up friends with an offer that sounds more exclusive than just open beta, interesting marketing idea imo.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
If you hit up reddit, there are like a million threads of thousands of giveaways. I don't know why they just don't do open beta weekends.
To stress their registration / user authentication server.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
I don't know why they just don't do open beta weekends.
I think their "yes we're going to have an open beta" switched to "we're not going to have atraditionalopen beta" when the game got an M rating. Now, in order to make an account on the site to enter a beta key, you have to pass an age gate.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I think their "yes we're going to have an open beta" switched to "we're not going to have atraditionalopen beta" when the game got an M rating. Now, in order to make an account on the site to enter a beta key, you have to pass an age gate.
Why did it get an M rating? Is there nudity in this game? BRB while I preorder for boobs.