The Elder Scrolls Online

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
mad.png

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
None. You can also earn them in game as well. Imperial edition just fast tracks it. Each race has something to counter anyway.
Earn them? As in unlock the race itself(a mechanic I fucking despise)?

In a game with a box price + sub, there should be not be a entire RACE available in some "special edition", especially when there are actually racial bonuses that matter.

Unlocking it after some time in the game is even more retarded. Just put that shit in character creation and let people choose it right away(just make it available for all 3 factions), instead of having to re-roll to get their "new" race.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
/\/\ Yeah you can unlock them in game.

Don't worry. It's a drop in the bucket to some of the other racials. Most of the time you will be wondering if your ability fired off to hit anyway when in panic situations and it gets that close.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Board and sword for me. But i will try some other shit this weekend. But that tends to be my playstyle.
Sword and Board felt asstastic for soloing. As there's no need for taunt when solo, it's somewhat counter intuitive.

I want to go deep 2Her and Dragon Knight this time around, maybe with a side of Resto Staff.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Wait how many ranks of Red Diamond are there? Now I'm seeing that it only goes up to 3... Earlier sources said 25 :p

10% chance for 50 HP heal on every melee swing is enormous

10% chance for 6 HP heal on every melee swing is useless

a_skeleton_04

<Banned>
Yea I've had that's pointed out to me several times. Too bad the old FOH forums aren't around anymore so someone could confirm how long I've been lurking. Like I said a long time ago in this thread, I applied for posting rights but was never granted them. When I joined the FOH board guild in Tera, I had to send Oloh a PM to gnet an invite.

If a discussion thread ever pops up here to discuss Ngruk, I could relate some personal conversations we had back when we playing WoW together.
Rescoria, were you in WWTD? Or Curts guild after that?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Red Diamon (Imp Passive) just gives a 10% chance to restore 6 health with every melee attack. That seems shitty. The Khajit passive that increase Crit Damage and Chance seems a bit OP.
Depends on how it scales end game. Usually racials like this are tuned to be so insignificant as to not be worth mentioning.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Wait how many ranks of Red Diamond are there? Now I'm seeing that it only goes up to 3... Earlier sources said 25 :p

10% chance for 50 HP heal on every melee swing is enormous

10% chance for 6 HP heal on every melee swing is useless
I'm just going off of ESOhead which is faulty. I have no idea how many ranks of a passive you could get. EH's calculator just lets me get up to rank III.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Red Diamon (Imp Passive) just gives a 10% chance to restore 6 health with every melee attack. That seems shitty. The Khajit passive that increase Crit Damage and Chance seems a bit OP.
This.

As it stands, if you're dps, you're khajit. No question about it.

If they change the way passives effect soft caps, I'd consider Imperials to be somewhat relevant. Currently, they're archetypeless.

Tanks - Redguards (Stamina Regen)
Mages - Altmer (Elemental Damage + In combat Magicka Regen)
Melee/Ranged DPS - Khajit (Crit passive)

PVP - Orcs (Movement Speed) Argonian (Potion Effectiveness)

Imperials 10% chance to heal for approx 3% max hp (average based on 50hp gain) is completely overshadowed by the Argonian gaining extra health from potions.

In the current softcap state, Imperials are the least useful race.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I know some people like that sort of shit but I find such narrow race options for what you want to do pretty fucking lame.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I must of been looking at something wrong. Playing around with a Templar builder on ESOhead, if you wanted a CC based/aoe based build you could do a:

Chart + Stun
Reflective Light which is a 3? target 40% snare. Ground based.
Blinding Something that gives off 2 pulses with a 50% chance to miss and be set off balance (whatever that means).
Radiant Aura which just heals shit for people around you.

Need more CC. Looks like a Sorc might have more with Dark Magic.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I must of been looking at something wrong. Playing around with a Templar builder on ESOhead, if you wanted a CC based/aoe based build you could do a:

Chart + Stun
Reflective Light which is a 3? target 40% snare. Ground based.
Blinding Something that gives off 2 pulses with a 50% chance to miss and be set off balance (whatever that means).
Radiant Aura which just heals shit for people around you.

Need more CC. Looks like a Sorc might have more with Dark Magic.
Check out the 2 hand weapon line, Reverse Swing, Critical Charge in particular

Also Bow - for poison arrow silence/interupt/stagger
I believe bow has a knockback as well.

Also don't forget the templars ranged snare recommend upgrading it to Vampire Bane which makes it one of the strongest DoT's in the game.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Being able to play any race on any faction is such a bullshit move on so many levels.
I understand where you're coming from here, I share similar sentiments, however I also see the Aldmeri Dominion having the best racials if this weren't the case. Making them incredibly powerful with the Altmer and Khajit damage increases.

I think the soft caps are what are at fault here. Soft Caps are a pretty arbitrary attempt at balancing characters. At the expense of completely trivializing a good portion of the races passives.

Sour tastes to be had all around.

Whatever happened to being able to select a "Diety" and shit at the start of character creation to allocate certain passives.

I want to follow "The Lovers" for fk's sake.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
No disrespecting Mark of Karn as a racial ability!

Being able to play any race on any faction is such a bullshit move on so many levels.
Disagree wholeheartedly. It allows racials to not be a factor in PVP, and it gives more options.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Check out the 2 hand weapon line, Reverse Swing, Critical Charge in particular

Also Bow - for poison arrow silence/interupt/stagger
I believe bow has a knockback as well.

Also don't forget the templars ranged snare recommend upgrading it to Vampire Bane which makes it one of the strongest DoT's in the game.
Vamp Bane or whatever is called is single target. I was looking for abilities that are multi target.