The Elder Scrolls Online

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I have no idea how filling up your finesse bar feels or if it takes a while, but the Fighter's guild Ult, Dawnbreaker gives a passive 13% weapon damage. Couple this with a few other abilities, you have some significant +damage.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You're not mistaken, and there is a trait for weapons and armor that does the same thing at different percentages (depending on the quality of the item). I'm pretty sure that these stack.

This is why I took dual wield as my secondary after bow, even though 2H seems more ideal for close range PvP burst damage.

edit: Tearofsoul, light armor helps your magicka, medium helps your sneak, and heavy helps your defense (with increasing armor from light to heavy of course). Most casters do a mix of light and heavy to get the magicka and casting passives but balance it out with heavy armor. With the soft cap in place, that's viable without sacrificing effectiveness as a caster by endgame.
You're not making much sense here:

Skill Experience gain % increase only effects the rate at which you will max out your skill lines ranks, which is a completely useless bonus and trait because without the % bonus you will likely end up maxing your skills before you hit 50 anyways as stated in this thread.

Additionally, medium armor also increases movement speed and stamina regen and has an evasion rating active feat (need a fact check here). I believe at 5 peices sneak speed and detection radius is improved. Could be mistaken here.

Light armor effects magicka regen, and spell dmg+ by percent values per piece, and has a damage absorb active.

Heavy Armor effects Armor Rating (%?) Resists (Flat) and health regeneration per peice with a Damage reduction active (fact check)

Therefore, bow sorcs relying primarily on an active stamina pool for bow damage will likely want the Stamina regen from medium armor.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm going to be doing my best to replicate a Disciple of Kaine (Warhammer) as that has been my most favorite play style across all of the mmo's I've played.

Basically I'll be setting up a Dual wield Siphon Night blade.

Looking at stuff, I think I'm going to try out a 2H/DW Khajiit Sorc this weekend.
Which dual wield skills are you going to use? If you're not going to use any, I recommend 2h/Bow and taking the Snipe and the Acid AOE or poison arrow + Silence

Of course all of my interactions with you are assuming that at some point you will go pvp with this build.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I was looking at Sparks and/or Flurry. I haven't really pieced things together.

The ESO builder is confusing though. Some abilities "increase power with melee attacks" and others "increase Weapon Damage" by a certain percentage. Is that the same modifier there?

Vitality

HUSTLE
I was looking at Sparks and/or Flurry. I haven't really pieced things together.

The ESO builder is confusing though. Some abilities "increase power with melee attacks" and others "increase Weapon Damage" by a certain percentage. Is that the same modifier there?
Separate modifiers, Melee power modifies Melee weapon attacks and abilities - Weapon damage modifies both Ranged and Melee stamina consuming abilities and auto attacks that are not Staff based.
(Although I'd like to believe staff based auto's are effected by weapon damage modifiers, they're likely scaled off of spell dmg+)

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What is the respec cost like? Also why did they even have the 4 base classes when it seems like it is extremely flexible on just about everything else?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are their any Heavy armor wearing ranged builds that aren't gimp? I'm guess it is unlikely given that STA regenerates on Medium armor and Mag on Light but I thought I'd ask.

kudos

<Banned>
So an orc wearing medium armor will go at warp speed compared to everyone else? Or is the orc racial only faster when sprinting?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PTS NDA has been lifted. We can now discuss everything minus adventure zones, of which we were only given very basic details anyway.
How does guesting work ? Like, if my assigned campaign turns to shit and I want to play in another campaign, is there a fee or something ?

kudos

<Banned>
Also, I'm going to go ahead and assume that eventually when they add in microtransactions I will be able to just buy a race switch for a better racial ability. Which would make sense why it's pre-order anyways.

signati_sl

shitlord
You're not making much sense here
How am I not making sense? You accurately described what the skill does, and there are equipment traits that do the same thing. Pretty simple.

You seem to be focusing a lot on max level. This isn't EQ; the game doesn't begin at 50. There's a lot of game between 1 and 50, and from 10 on people are in Cyrodiil. The trait definitely matters.

Not to mention, level and skill caps will very likely increase in the future (since they always do).

Vitality

HUSTLE
I appologize, you were making it sound like you're actively going to seek out the most worthless stat in the game.

I'll do my best to understand decisions like this in the future.

I sincerely hope in Cyrodil I go up against Skill-Xp traited people, so my +enchantments traits eat them for lunch haha.

PS: EQ took months to get max level. ESO takes a few days.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
You seem to be focusing a lot on max level. This isn't EQ; the game doesn't begin at 50.
Anyone else enjoy the slow twisting of history?

EQ was all about the leveling and dungeons, because in the early days, Naggy and Vox was "end game". Later, the Plane of Fear was added followed by the Plane of Hate. With contested content at the top end, and 7 day respawns on major named there wasn't a lot of things to do for a level 50 in EQ even with Naggy/Vox/Fear and Hate.

WoW was the game that came along and wanted to change that, by giving you a great leveling experience AND shit to do when you hit 60... WoW was the game that touted "The game begins at 60". It was originally a hallmark of the stepping up to the raid game that everyone could partake in, without getting cock-blocked by other guilds, with a plethora of bosses to fight in the raid zones.

The second revision was apparently there's no focus on leveling in WoW, and that there was ONLY things to do at max level.

...and now some fuckstick decides that EQs game didn't start till 50.

Revisionist history at its best.