The Elder Scrolls Online

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disagree wholeheartedly. It allows racials to not be a factor in PVP, and it gives more options.
If you pre-order. How that works out for the future when people who didn't pre-order are all locked in to certain races on certain factions and some of those races are almost required for certain roles because of their racial.

signati_sl

shitlord
TESO has public quests more akin to RIFT than GW2 from what I've read.

Personally, from the games I've played, I rank combat TERA > GW2 > DDO > WOW ... everything else. That's just because I've started to hate tab-target hotbar combat.
Solid, specific criticism. Remember Jedi Academy? Remember the way that animations were tuned such that whatever combat move was used, it made a seamless transition from the last frame of whatever was playing previously? I do. I remember how it made combat feel natural and made me feel like my character was a badass. I remember conversations about how MMOs could do that in such a way that new animations are unlocked with moves slotted to keys rather than hotbar, so that character combat styles *look like* they match the character's skill. Start off swinging a sword like a Minecraft pickaxe, end up Bruce Lee.

Then somebody realized that spell gems --> queue || hotbar, and people didn't like the queue in SWG.

Incoming nearly industry-wide laziness standard, cons yellow, health 100%. It begins casting Meh. You get used to it.

signati_sl

shitlord
From what I've been gathering from the various sources, the %MaxStat values are almost nearly worthless, as they mostly just act to increase the speed at which you reach the stat value soft cap.
Does the soft cap depend upon level? If not, then it is a pretty damn big advantage to hit it early.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Probably should look into Dragon Knight or Sorc then

Ice Meteor ftw
I'm looking at a Dark Magic based sorc with dual wield and Overload for an ult. Crystal Blast, Restraining Prison,Daedric Tomb, Ball of Lightning, Ember Explosion and Energy Overload. Lots of CC, but since the context of damage numbers is meaningless to me, I have no idea if there is no damage in that build.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm looking at a Dark Magic based sorc with dual wield and Overload for an ult. Crystal Blast, Restraining Prison,Daedric Tomb, Ball of Lightning, Ember Explosion and Energy Overload. Lots of CC, but since the context of damage numbers is meaningless to me, I have no idea if there is no damage in that build.
Dont forget you can swap to a second weapon set at will which provides an additional Ultimate and 5 abilities to use.

Might want to plan a build around that.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
People have been suggesting Dual wield or Bow sorcs, as your magicka is mostly spent on sorc class specific skills, so having a weapon utilizing stamina seems to be the general concensus as the better way to go.
What about armor type for Bow Sorc build? Light, medium, heavy?

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Go Dark Elf for the Dual Wield racial bonus!

Still playing with the calculator for my DK build for the coming weekend. I might split time between my Argonian DK and my Khajit NB.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
If you pre-order. How that works out for the future when people who didn't pre-order are all locked in to certain races on certain factions and some of those races are almost required for certain roles because of their racial.
All races can be played on any alliance though so that doesn't apply here. The only one is Imperial, and that is going to be an unlock anyway.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Does the soft cap depend upon level? If not, then it is a pretty damn big advantage to hit it early.
Hitting the cap early is meaningless at max level.

In relation to +% max values, if it's based on your total pool, which is based on gear and stat points allocated (which are softcapped pretty hard, off the top I believe the soft cap is a 60% reduction after 50 points/2000 max) These are out-of-ass figures of course.

Therefore - 10-15% max hp/stam results in +300 hp/stam roughly (which negates about one weak attack (HP) or gives you an additional weapon skill usage (250stam used) before you run out + something like 25dmg to stamina based attacks ) *based on information on hand at ESOheads scaling skill modifier tool values +250 weapon dmg on gear + 2000 stamina)

The noticable power level of this passive is very extremely situational in the current softcap structure.

I also realize these numbers are highly speculative as I'm not 50 nor in Closed beta.
But if they're even remotely close, it's a clear stated case against the imperial race being of any use.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Go Dark Elf for the Dual Wield racial bonus!

Still playing with the calculator for my DK build for the coming weekend. I might split time between my Argonian DK and my Khajit NB.
Am I mistaken in believing that the Dark-Elf dual wield bonus effects Skill Experience gain only?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Khajiit Sorc with Surge looks pretty fucking lulzy. +Weapon Damage for 20 seconds and you heal for 65% of your damage at max rank. What the fuck is that.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Khajiit Sorc with Surge looks pretty fucking lulzy. +Weapon Damage for 20 seconds and you heal for 65% of your damage at max rank. What the fuck is that.
Bow Sniping from sneak with surge active here would be pretty godly.

Keep in mind +weapon damage will effect your weapon skills only, no Dropping a meteor on 50 guys and gaining 65% back lol.. (dmg scaled by +spell dmg/magicka total)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get the + spell dmg, but I watched that soft cap video and the magicka total had no effect on this spell damage.

signati_sl

shitlord
Am I mistaken in believing that the Dark-Elf dual wield bonus effects Skill Experience gain only?
You're not mistaken, and there is a trait for weapons and armor that does the same thing at different percentages (depending on the quality of the item). I'm pretty sure that these stack.

This is why I took dual wield as my secondary after bow, even though 2H seems more ideal for close range PvP burst damage.

edit: Tearofsoul, light armor helps your magicka, medium helps your sneak, and heavy helps your defense (with increasing armor from light to heavy of course). Most casters do a mix of light and heavy to get the magicka and casting passives but balance it out with heavy armor. With the soft cap in place, that's viable without sacrificing effectiveness as a caster by endgame.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Bow Sniping from sneak with surge active here would be pretty godly.

Keep in mind +weapon damage will effect your weapon skills only, no Dropping a meteor on 50 guys and gaining 65% back lol.. (dmg scaled by +spell dmg/magicka total)
I was really just thinking about melee swings and not even skills.