The Elder Scrolls Online

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The only reason I like this game right now is because I really like the skill system, I'm a sucker for class builder games like this.
I agree that this is the games main strength right now and I feel the same as you about skill building. I just don't see it going far (the game) unless they expand on it somehow or revamp the other glaring issues with the game.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Can we get this straight please.

A shill is a person who is trying to sell a product. There are no shills, as far as I know, in this thread.
A fanboy is a person who will defend a game to it's end and will pay hyper attention to any detail about the game. Rescorla is a fanboy. For a fanboy he's pretty tame compared to old Blackwulf.

If you don't like what Rescorla has to say, then stop repeating the same criticisms about the game page after page. Rescorla, if you don't feel like defending the game with the same old shit, then ignore every post where someone says "XYZ sucks about this game."

As long as people are dumpstering on the game, also saying the samethings over and over, then Rescorla has the same rights to praise the game saying the same thing over and over.

Balance is balance.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I agree that this is the games main strength right now and I feel the same as you about skill building. I just don't see it going far (the game) unless they expand on it somehow or revamp the other glaring issues with the game.
I'd like them to let us Enchant our Skills, for instance, adding a mod to the Range or Radius or Overall Power etc.

Also, Soul Gems kind of need to play a part here for skill and enchant modification. Player Soul Traps being the best ones of course.

Morph is great and all, but it's no where near as close to the ability customization of Morrowind/Oblivion etc.
It's basically a rehash of the inscription WoW has in place.

Keep the Morphs, but give us a slot to put a spell related Enchant from the Enchanting Tradeskill. Would be pretty bad ass if I could add Absorb Magicka to my Siphon skills.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I haven't PVPd yet so I can't comment on the lag and other performance issues.

I also haven't quested past level 7 as a Khajiit, but I haven't come across quest bugs. Quest bugs don't really bother me this day in age because this is beta. If it's broken at release, than that shit is retarded. People say there are some fixes? We'll see.

I like this game's graphics.

The combat animations don't really bother me just yet. They are floaty and it's very hard to be precise in this game with your attacks. I imagine that once I start fighting in groups (PVE or PVP) it's going to start pissing me off.

Since I haven't played MMOs in over a year, the quest treadmill really doesn't bother me right now because it's not collect 10 asses. I run around, explore, get skyshards, do quests. I don't use the same mindset of a WOW/Wildstar type of game. Plus the skill leveling/skill point assignment gives me enough minidings that it makes me happy.

In the grand scheme of things, the PVE is really fucking boring and tired. I'm ignoring that right now though because of other things are keeping me going.

Overall, I give the game a C+/B because of the class stuff. If it was a regular class system like WOW/Wildstar with hotbar combat, the game would get a D/C-. I currently give Wildstar a solid D right now.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I haven't PVPd yet so I can't comment on the lag and other performance issues.
Only noticable performance issue was cyrodil servers taking a shit on Sunday every hour or so. Likely going to be an issue at release.

Culling/Graphics = No issues: Grade-A hundreds of people on screen duking it out.
(I'm running a pretty mean machine on ultra in gigantic fights: No Hitching at all - even if I load up the stream etc. **No worries PRX I didn't boot up the stream when in group**)

Combat Latency = No noticable Issues aside from servers shitting themselves sunday (Kinda cut some of the fun short)

Some Buggy stuff like: Rezzing someone who died in water was harder than it needed to be (Hitbox issues) - Some Doors were reportedly not taking damage, server shit itself, then it was fixed (Possible Force Restart).

That's about all I can think of at the moment.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
Have they announced another event for next week?
I don't know about next week, but "before launch."

OatTNDR.png

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only noticable performance issue was cyrodil servers taking a shit on Sunday every hour or so. Likely going to be an issue at release.
All day Sunday and constantly(not every hour or so). It was also Saturday but mainly from late afternoon into the night. Friday was actually perfect with no issues. This is top priority, if you plan to play in the populated campaigns and this isn't fixed, will ruin the entire experience.

Don't stand near walls when they are about to be destroyed, you get stuck in the "rubble" and have to /stuck(die) and run back.

Exp gain seems extremely slow. Don't seem to get any exp for player kills or taking a objective. Main exp seems to be from the kill 20 player quest, which can only be turned in and obtained from the main base(so people really only do it when dying, since no one wants to stop in the middle of a fight or push to go back). I wouldn't mind if the kill 20 was automatic or remote (turn in and accept) or at the minimum put a bulletin board in every objective.

I think killing siege equipment is a bit too fast via characters(ie when you run up to it and light it on fire), seem to only take a few seconds to light it.

Loot wise, pvp seems to be way ahead of pve, you constantly get loot bags in the mail and then you can buy blue weapons/armor from vendors for the AP points. It was a great source of crafting materials.

Targeting still feels really weird. I guess its because it tries to be action but it's really not.

signati_sl

shitlord
There's not a whole lot to add because most of it has been said (and repeated) but there is just one thing about this thread that it bothers me nobody is mentioning. Really, on either side this could be used.

We've only seen the very beginning of the game. The way we're passing judgement about the game as a whole would be like judging Everquest based on Greater Faydark and Crushbone alone. Sure, we're seeing Cyrodiil and it's awesome, but the fact is that the overwhelming majority of the game is still locked to us so that we don't spoil it all before launch. We don't know what the endgame is like. We don't even know what the midgame is like. We don't even see everything in Cyrodiil since the Imperial City is closed.

We're judging the game based on things accessible from level ten. Playing a druid in EQ, I hadn't even learned how to kite yet by ten. Ten "levels" (skills) in SWG, I still didn't know what I wanted my character to be when he grew up. Ten levels in WoW, I was still learning the lay of the early lands. Ten levels in Rift, and I was just starting to close rifts and find dungeon instances -- I hadn't even touched my pocket dimension yet. Ten levels in CoH, I had only seen street crime level bosses and didn't know much about the actual story yet -- and talk about your games with easy low levels! CoH was a tutorial until level 20. In Star Trek Online, by level 10 I still knew next to nothing about ship tactics and nothing at all about fleet tactics (speaking of games that need more PvP...). Hell, in The Elder Scrolls this holds too -- you can see more in ESO by level ten than in Oblivion, Skyrim, and Morrowind, and if what is locked scales proportionately then we haven't scratched the surface.

edit: Just to stress, this cuts both ways. Whether praise or criticism, if we presumed to have a full picture of any other game based on this little character progress, we'd be called noobs and laughed off of forums.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably because of the sneak atk bonus + ranged.

There's not a whole lot to add because most of it has been said (and repeated) but there is just one thing about this thread that it bothers me nobody is mentioning. Really, on either side this could be used.

We've only seen the very beginning of the game. The way we're passing judgement about the game as a whole would be like judging Everquest based on Greater Faydark and Crushbone alone. Sure, we're seeing Cyrodiil and it's awesome, but the fact is that the overwhelming majority of the game is still locked to us so that we don't spoil it all before launch. We don't know what the endgame is like. We don't even know what the midgame is like. We don't even see everything in Cyrodiil since the Imperial City is closed.

We're judging the game based on things accessible from level ten. Playing a druid in EQ, I hadn't even learned how to kite yet by ten. Ten "levels" (skills) in SWG, I still didn't know what I wanted my character to be when he grew up. Ten levels in WoW, I was still learning the lay of the early lands. Ten levels in Rift, and I was just starting to close rifts and find dungeon instances -- I hadn't even touched my pocket dimension yet. Ten levels in CoH, I had only seen street crime level bosses and didn't know much about the actual story yet -- and talk about your games with easy low levels! CoH was a tutorial until level 20. In Star Trek Online, by level 10 I still knew next to nothing about ship tactics and nothing at all about fleet tactics (speaking of games that need more PvP...). Hell, in The Elder Scrolls this holds too -- you can see more in ESO by level ten than in Oblivion, Skyrim, and Morrowind.

edit: Just to stress, this cuts both ways. Whether praise or criticism, if we presumed to have a full picture of any other game based on this little character progress, we'd be called noobs and laughed off of forums.
Because majority of the complaints are core mechanics that wont change based on level progression and the same complaints or agreements about the complaints from people with max level characters.

signati_sl

shitlord
Probably because of the sneak atk bonus + ranged.

Because majority of the complaints are core mechanics that wont change based on level progression and the same complaints or agreements about the complaints from people with max level characters.
That may be right, but it's hard to call guaranteed. If itemization is improved in later zones and adventure zones (and ZMO would have to be trying hard to fail if it didn't), then game changers should lie ahead. I've only gotten to level 30 and equipment features have been game changers a few times. Plus encounters differ, and that counts as core features we haven't even seen yet. My groups ate two of the early instance bosses for breakfast, and I still haven't beaten the last one in Grotto -- including a solo attempt at level 27.

This doesn't even take into consideration the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood, which should even turn PvP on its head.

Caliane

haha. wtf man. is this your first mmo?
do you have any idea how many times we have heard that?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

We're judging the game based on things accessible from level ten. Playing a druid in EQ, I hadn't even learned how to kite yet by ten. Ten "levels" (skills) in SWG, I still didn't know what I wanted my character to be when he grew up. Ten levels in WoW, I was still learning the lay of the early lands. Ten levels in Rift, and I was just starting to close rifts and find dungeon instances -- I hadn't even touched my pocket dimension yet. Ten levels in CoH, I had only seen street crime level bosses and didn't know much about the actual story yet -- and talk about your games with easy low levels! CoH was a tutorial until level 20. In Star Trek Online, by level 10 I still knew next to nothing about ship tactics and nothing at all about fleet tactics (speaking of games that need more PvP...). Hell, in The Elder Scrolls this holds too -- you can see more in ESO by level ten than in Oblivion, Skyrim, and Morrowind, and if what is locked scales proportionately then we haven't scratched the surface.

So we are just supposed to ignore that at least 20% of the leveling experience is fucking shit?