The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Rescorla, why don't you post in any of the other threads? Do you own a console or other games? Not a slam, just curious. If you want to be a valued member of the community you should visit other games you play and give input on what it is you like to play besides this.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What exactly are you under the impression of that I am denying?
Combat sucks! You say problems aren't there and people don't complain about it anymore. Then you post that a patch fixed the problems that were not there and that nobody complained about!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Its called good advice. The design of the PVE game doesn't change one bit at higher levels. If you hate what you saw in Stonefalls, it won't get any better for you.
You know very well that's not the part I was talking about. You specifically stated anyone not happy coming here was "bitching and moaning", they aren't, they are doing the same exact thing you are doing but on the opposite side of the spectrum. Are you so passive aggressive that even you don't see it?

Just knock it off and start doing what you said you were going to do, not caring what people thought.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Combat sucks! You say problems aren't there and people don't complain about it anymore. Then you post that a patch fixed the problems that were not there and that nobody complained about!
Passive aggressive is bad, but out right trolling is... ok? Not to mention outright calling someone a dumbfuck.

Saying the game sucks is fine, but the kids like 'Abe' here are why the thread is the way it is more than Resc's shilling.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Rescorla, why don't you post in any of the other threads? Do you own a console or other games? Not a slam, just curious. If you want to be a valued member of the community you should visit other games you play and give input on what it is you like to play besides this.
Rescorla, i know you don't want to listen to anything Utnayan says, but this is some good advice. Put the shilling cries to rest and participate with the rest of the community.

Do you have feelings about politics? Drop into the politics thread and preach how much you love or hate Obama.
Do you have any hobbies like guns or marijuana? Post in the appropriate threads.
What other games do you like? Post in them, unless you don't like Dark souls, then just shut up.

Seriously though, I think you add a good counterpoint to Utnayan in this thread, so I'm curious to see what other games you like, etc.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Abe brought up something I was confused about too honestly. Something was said it wasn't an issue and then they said they patched something they previously said wasn't an issue. That's sort of confusing I thought too.

Unless I'm missing something, which is possible. No troll intended on my part here, but I thought it was odd as well.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Rescorla, i know you don't want to listen to anything Utnayan says, but this is some good advice. Put the shilling cries to rest and participate with the rest of the community.

Do you have feelings about politics? Drop into the politics thread and preach how much you love or hate Obama.
Do you have any hobbies like guns or marijuana? Post in the appropriate threads.
What other games do you like? Post in them, unless you don't like Dark souls, then just shut up.

Seriously though, I think you add a good counterpoint to Utnayan in this thread, so I'm curious to see what other games you like, etc.
This.

Not meant sarcastically either.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Passive aggressive is bad, but out right trolling is... ok? Not to mention outright calling someone a dumbfuck.

Saying the game sucks is fine, but the kids like 'Abe' here are why the thread is the way it is more than Resc's shilling.
Now I'm a kid for pointing out the obvious? Cute how you say shit like passive aggressive then call me a kid. It's not trolling you kia. It's pointing out the obvious.

signati_sl

shitlord
BTW bow users 3rd skill in the line morphs into an ability called Magnum Shot. In addition to doing good damage, it knocks the target back 6 meters, disorients them for 5 seconds, and also knocks you back 6 meters. It is the perfect escape tool against melee characters. There is no way they can get back in melee range against you unless they use their gap closer and those use up a lot of magicka (1/3 of my magicka bar).
That knockback doesn't work against players, but when you morph it so that it knocks *you* back, that does work. If others have had a different experience, I'd like to know, but I ran about six hours spmming it and only it every chance I got and it never knocked a player back once. Once it does knock *you* back, I've still never seen the stun work against a player. You can't knock yourself back repeatedly and rely upon that for range unless you have a godly stamina pool, and even then it would take so long that if they can heal at all then you'd get nowhere. NPC guards, I can stun repeatedly and shoot to wake them until they die. Players? Not even once; not with five days /played on my character.

The rest of your post is right. When it comes to melee v ranged, they're balanced. At distance, ranged is stronger. Up close, melee is. Exactly how it should be. I wonder if some of the melee complaints are hangover from other games (like GW2), since this is one of the things that ESO actually gets right. Also, everybody seems to think their build is gimped at first just because they don't jump into PvP and start winning right away.

edit: I should add that poison shot does stun, but only if they start to cast within a second or so of using it and even then, only 1/3 of the time (roughly).

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
When I decide to play another MMO or want info about one I will post in other threads. I have zero interest in Wildstar. What would it say about my personal character if I went into the Wildstar thread and started shitting it up knowing that I had no intention of ever playing it? I don't think many posters would think I was a valued member of the community if I did that.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
When I decide to play another MMO or want info about one I will post in other threads. I have zero interest in Wildstar. What would it say about my personal character if I went into the Wildstar thread and started shitting it up knowing that I had no intention of ever playing it? I don't think many posters would think I was a valued member of the community if I did that.
Lol, what I have been doing with Pantheon, honestly. Sort of fun!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
As long as you were provided valid counter discussion points like Ut does most of the time you wouldn't be shitting up anything. Also the rest of the forum is much larger than just a few MMO threads.
smile.png

Gecko_sl

shitlord

Yes, because our GENERAL forums are such a melting pot of good behavior and nice discourse.
rolleyes.png

Some people like to talk about MMOs. This is the next one coming out. The general forums here and on FOH are really a tough place to discuss anything, due to the anonymous nature of things and the strong opinions, and vast age and experience differences.

Anyways, jumping someones shit for being passive aggressive while being cool with someone calling that same person a dumbfuck is a tad hypocritical, in my humble opinion. I know your buds with Ut, Tarrant, but ya know... if you call Tuco out for acting a certain way, then you might want to follow your own example.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm not "buds" with Ut, I've shawed him as many times as I've shawed anyone on here and I've debated with him and got pissed at him just as much as anyone has. (with the exception of Sean lol)

Also I've stepped in here a few times this week alone and told him to cool his shit. How does this make us "buds"?

When Ut is calm and not drinking, he's capable of making good posts with great discussion points, much like most people in here are and have been. Where it gets annoying is when either side begins saying the other side shouldn't be able to do so. As long as it's civil, then respond in the same way or just move on.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That knockback doesn't work against players, but when you morph it so that it knocks *you* back, that does work. If others have had a different experience, I'd like to know, but I ran about six hours spmming it and only it every chance I got and it never knocked a player back once. Once it does knock *you* back, I've still never seen the stun work against a player. You can't knock yourself back repeatedly and rely upon that for range unless you have a godly stamina pool, and even then it would take so long that if they can heal at all then you'd get nowhere. NPC guards, I can stun repeatedly and shoot to wake them until they die. Players? Not even once; not with five days /played on my character.

The rest of your post is right. When it comes to melee v ranged, they're balanced. At distance, ranged is stronger. Up close, melee is. Exactly how it should be. I wonder if some of the melee complaints are hangover from other games (like GW2), since this is one of the things that ESO actually gets right. Also, everybody seems to think their build is gimped at first just because they don't jump into PvP and start winning right away.

edit: I should add that poison shot does stun, but only if they start to cast within a second or so of using it and even then, only 1/3 of the time (roughly).
Uh, That knockback does work on players, used it all weekend. The disorient works, but it breaks on damge iirc.

I'm tempted to go bow NB or Bow Sorc, but I think I just might try a mainly melee NB with Bow on the side when needed.

From my experience melee had quite a few gap closers and once they were you on, you rarely escaped. Though in Mass pvp(zerg vs zerg), range will always have a advantage in pugs, just because they will stand off at range fighting back and forth. It's organized efforts where melee will have no problem fitting in.

signati_sl

shitlord
Uh, That knockback does work on players, used it all weekend. The disorient works, but it breaks on damge iirc.

I'm tempted to go bow NB or Bow Sorc, but I think I just might try a mainly melee NB with Bow on the side when needed.

From my experience melee had quite a few gap closers and once they were you on, you rarely escaped. Though in Mass pvp(zerg vs zerg), range will always have a advantage in pugs, just because they will stand off at range fighting back and forth. It's organized efforts where melee will have no problem fitting in.
I must have been bitten hard by the lag monster then. Or it's just crummy luck. I noticed that NPCs can resist now and then, so it may be tied to rng. Damn fine news to hear of it working for someone though! That's the thing to use on a cliff or platform.

You're right about pugs for sure. And melee up close. Defending, I was in one of two places every time this session: At the side of the keep or outpost helping flank if enough force was there to assist or, on the battlements because solo flanking is suicide. Flanking, it's all about backing off to let others handle melee and using funnel health until magicka depletes. But on the battlements, I pick out the pugs who get too close and start dropping them to land kills. They learn quickly to back off and use siege equipment. As soon as they do that, they can have me backing off, so it's balanced.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
What exactly are you under the impression of that I am denying?
You've got your facts confused over what I actually stated.

Question for the weekend beta testers. How was combat lag and keystroke responsiveness this past weekend compared to the previous weekend beta tests you participated in? Some of you have posted that there was significant server lag in Cyrodil so that is already a known issue. I am referring to your gameplay when there appeared to be no significant server lag.

signati_sl

shitlord
You've got your facts confused over what I actually stated.

Question for the weekend beta testers. How was combat lag and keystroke responsiveness this past weekend compared to the previous weekend beta tests you participated in? Some of you have posted that there was significant server lag in Cyrodil so that is already a known issue. I am referring to your gameplay when there appeared to be no significant server lag.
Outside of cervidil, I had no lag at all on keystrokes.