The Elder Scrolls Online

signati_sl

shitlord
haha. wtf man. is this your first mmo?
do you have any idea how many times we have heard that?
At least once for every MMO?

So we are just supposed to ignore that at least 20% of the leveling experience is fucking shit?
No, you're supposed to concede that with most content disabled and most quests bugged to the point of being impossible to complete, you can't fairly evaluate that first 20%. Even it is based upon content that you can't see through.

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bow is very popular atm because one of the flavor of the month builds is to do a sorc / bow combo. You have mana for the sorc stuff and then have your stamina pool for the bow attacks. Bow is pretty long range so very easy to use it as an opener in pvp from stealth.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Bow is very popular atm because one of the flavor of the month builds is to do a sorc / bow combo. You have mana for the sorc stuff and then have your stamina pool for the bow attacks. Bow is pretty long range so very easy to use it as an opener in pvp from stealth.
It'll remain this way until melee isn't gimped to range in PvP. There is a gross misbalanace at the moment.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
So we are just supposed to ignore that at least 20% of the leveling experience is fucking shit?
I will make it very easy for everyone. If you enjoyed questing and the group dungeon in Stonefalls (or the equivalent zones in the other two factions), you will enjoy the rest of the game since the PVE (questing and group dungeons) in every single zone follows the same exact design model. If you hated the PVE in Stonefalls so bad that you felt compelled to come here and bitch and whine about it, its probably a smart idea on your part to not purchase ESO unless you really enjoy the Cyrodil PVP.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In addition to reading comprehension issues, you also appear to have anger management issues. Were you so eager to insult me that you totally missed the fact I was quoting Tuco?
Cute. You bring up Ut in about every fucking post. You defend everything about this game at all costs. It doesn't matter who you quote, you are still talking about UT as usual. I'm so angry cause I use fuck in my post!!!!! Dumbfuck.

signati_sl

shitlord
It'll remain this way until melee isn't gimped to range in PvP. There is a gross misbalanace at the moment.
Can you explain how melee is gimped? I've played bow exclusively, and every time melee comes at me for 1v1 unless they're level 10, my butthole puckers like I'm about to fall off a cliff because I know that I've made one wrong step that likely means death. That chain gap closer, man. I've been pulled through walls, and once, through half a keep and into a zerg.

Sorry, but from the perspective of someone who plays ranged, your claim doesn't make sense. Want to know how to counter range? Press 's'. It's actually that easy. Don't 1v1 if you can't close on them. My attacks in large battles end when someone who has a sliver of health simply backs up and survives, the overwhelming majority of the time.

Now if you're one of those melee types who likes to stand at the door to the keep and attack it, then I guess I can see where you get that.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Cute. You bring up Ut in about every fucking post. You defend everything about this game at all costs. It doesn't matter who you quote, you are still talking about UT as usual. I'm so angry cause I use fuck in my post!!!!! Dumbfuck.
Got it. I'll just associate you along with Utnayan from here on out as someone who gives the impression they are frothing at the mouth with spittle flying all over their keyboard as they manically seek to score points on an internet message board insulting people with different opinions than them.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Can you explain how melee is gimped? I've played bow exclusively, and every time melee comes at me for 1v1 unless they're level 10, my butthole puckers like I'm about to fall off a cliff because I know that I've made one wrong step that likely means death. That chain gap closer, man. I've been pulled through walls, and once, through half a keep and into a zerg.

Sorry, but from the perspective of someone who plays ranged, your claim doesn't make sense. Want to know how to counter range? Press 's'. It's actually that easy. Don't 1v1 if you can't close on them. My attacks in large battles end when someone who has a sliver of health simply backs up and survives, the overwhelming majority of the time.

Now if you're one of those melee types who likes to stand at the door to the keep and attack it, then I guess I can see where you get that.
That same counter of pressing S works against melee as well. As a NB, the Assassination and Shadow skill likes are almost all melee range attacks while Siphoning is ranged. With the exception of the gap closer in the Assasination line (Teleport Strike), you can avoid all of those melee ranged attacks by dodging or stepping back out of range. Of course if a NB gets the jump on you and stuns you or uses Shadowy Disguise and Concealed Weapon back to back, you are in trouble since you will be stunned for several seconds.

EDIT: BTW bow users 3rd skill in the line morphs into an ability called Magnum Shot. In addition to doing good damage, it knocks the target back 6 meters, disorients them for 5 seconds, and also knocks you back 6 meters. It is the perfect escape tool against melee characters. There is no way they can get back in melee range against you unless they use their gap closer and those use up a lot of magicka (1/3 of my magicka bar).

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Got it. I'll just associate you along with Utnayan from here on out as someone who gives the impression they are frothing at the mouth with spittle flying all over their keyboard as they manically seek to score points on an internet message board insulting people with different opinions than them.
It's not an opinion when you deny everything that can be proven. It's denial.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like they are actually going to add nameplates. Should of been in the game from the get go.

Support | The Elder Scrolls Online

Updated 03/02/2014 08:08 AM
Good, because its right annoying trying to find someone(either a PC or a NPC) in a crowd.

They should also clean up a lot of unneeded UI steps(like accept windows, confirmation windows etc). If "use" a loot bag in my inventory(from pvp) it should just auto put the piece of gear into my inventory, instead of popping opening another window where you have to hit accept, then goes back to the inventory window.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Utnayan you're really playing the long game here, what with enjoying the game with the community and all.
Give it a rest. I am not this Vitality dude. I do not need to make fake accounts. As you know, I say what has been on my mind without having to hide behind something.

Also, there is no more NDA. Adventure zones are NDA only if you work for the company. Adventure zones are also post launch. In whatever iteration of them they actually release.

Rescorla, do you work for ZO? Otherwise you are no longer under any NDA what so ever.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Give it a rest. I am not this Vitality dude. I do not need to make fake accounts. As you know, I say what has been on my mind without having to hide behind something.

Also, there is no more NDA. Adventure zones are NDA only if you work for the company. Adventure zones are also post launch. In whatever iteration of them they actually release.

Rescorla, do you work for ZO? Otherwise you are no longer under any NDA what so ever.
You really should avoid making assertions about anything related to the closed beta server since you still have no clue what is going on over there. ZOS informed the testers the NDA was lifted for everything on the PTS except for what was divulged to us about the adventure zones by your favorite MMO designer.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I will make it very easy for everyone. If you enjoyed questing and the group dungeon in Stonefalls (or the equivalent zones in the other two factions), you will enjoy the rest of the game since the PVE (questing and group dungeons) in every single zone follows the same exact design model. If you hated the PVE in Stonefalls so bad that you felt compelled to come here and bitch and whine about it, its probably a smart idea on your part to not purchase ESO unless you really enjoy the Cyrodil PVP.
Enough with your passive aggressive posts dude, seriously.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Can you explain how melee is gimped?
I would but...

That same counter of pressing S works against melee as well. As a NB, the Assassination and Shadow skill likes are almost all melee range attacks while Siphoning is ranged. With the exception of the gap closer in the Assasination line (Teleport Strike), you can avoid all of those melee ranged attacks by dodging or stepping back out of range. Of course if a NB gets the jump on you and stuns you or uses Shadowy Disguise and Concealed Weapon back to back, you are in trouble since you will be stunned for several seconds.

EDIT: BTW bow users 3rd skill in the line morphs into an ability called Magnum Shot. In addition to doing good damage, it knocks the target back 6 meters, disorients them for 5 seconds, and also knocks you back 6 meters. It is the perfect escape tool against melee characters. There is no way they can get back in melee range against you unless they use their gap closer and those use up a lot of magicka (1/3 of my magicka bar).
Rescorla sums it up pretty well here really. Bow gets a free I win button or at least a free "get me the hell out of here button" and not only is there nothing melee can do to stop it, they get no such counter measure.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Enough with your passive aggressive posts dude, seriously.
Its called good advice. The design of the PVE game doesn't change one bit at higher levels. If you hate what you saw in Stonefalls, it won't get any better for you.