The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I expect the game to have issues. What is unacceptable are the phasing problems and quests bugging out in both beta sessions I played. I'm not sure if their mega server is ready for prime time based on my limited knowledge.
Fully agree. The live mega server will have to perform at the same quality level that we are seeing on closed beta.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think it's time to send little Timmy here into timeout.
biggrin.png
JTheRuler isn't very eloquent, but there's really no reason why a player can't skip the tutorial, spawn in their newbie farm and just immediately port to Cyrodiil.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
You are so dense... Really though it was a valid reply. Why shouldn't they let people jump straight to PVP? I will reiterate the point over and over on any thread for any new game: don't put shit that people don't like in the game if you want to sell it. I sweartjus forum is like only forum on earth that has a small merry band of retards that thinks cock blocks are fun.
As someone before mentioned, fun is subjective. I disagree that requiring one day of PVE to enter a PVP zone is a cockblock. My earlier point was a poke at fun at people who have done a mind numbing amount of dailies and faction grinding getting in a tiff about having to do a few hours of PVE to enter Cyrodill.

I'm just giving you my opinion, but I'd have to guess their design document is focused on promoting PVE and PVP equally. The vast majority of gamers in my humble opinion prefer PVE. It's far easier to add PVE content than good objective based PVP. I think for every PRX guild, there are 100,000 casual gamers.

I think when they were in the midst of finishing up this game they saw WOW. They saw Rift. They saw SWTOR and it's design and were following the safe herd. I think TESO has a lot of good things going for it. I do not think it is revolutionary, but I think a lot of the hyperbole about it being so terrible isn't true. I think it's more so many of us have so much time invested in similar games that doing something like this again just seems silly.

signati_sl

shitlord
I think it's time to send little Timmy here into timeout.
biggrin.png
I've decided to just stop feeding the troll. That one is using the same style of epeen pissing contest probably learned on the FoH screenshots forum. Will it fly? Not this time.

I expect the game to have issues. What is unacceptable are the phasing problems and quests bugging out in both beta sessions I played. I'm not sure if their mega server is ready for prime time based on my limited knowledge.
QFT

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
To clarify for everyone.

Picture a new zone like Auridon (or Stonefalls). Now cut that zone down to about 2/3rds that size. Next make everything approximately veteran rank 5-10 (sorta like level 52). Now take those mobs, and make 4x as many in each group. That would be the overworld of the zone.

Now within that zone there is usually an instance dungeon for 4 players (Spindleclutch or whatever). Now take that dungeon, and make the same changes as above (excluding the size I would imagine). The zone is now stuffed full of mobs that are veteran rank 10+ and various bosses that are tuned for 12 players. This is were things get foggy for us - all we know past here is that we can imagine they are close in scale and difficulty as "raids" in past MMO's (WoW).
-Craglorn Adventure Zone

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I've decided to just stop feeding the troll. That one is using the same style of epeen pissing contest probably learned on the FoH screenshots forum. Will it fly? Not this time.

QFT
Says the faggot who made the original troll post. Hey guys he plays WoW he's a big fat phony look at his posts! I guess you forgot you were on your shill account or something. Anyway stick to your guns and don't let it fly this time!!

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I think TESO has a lot of good things going for it. I do not think it is revolutionary, but I think a lot of the hyperbole about it being so terrible isn't true. I think it's more so many of us have so much time invested in similar games that doing something like this again just seems silly.
FWIW vanilla and TBC era WoW is my favorite MMO experience since I started playing MMOs the week EQ1 was launched. Whenever a new MMO came out that I was interested in, I would take a break from WoW for a few months.

One thing I noticed every time a new MMO was about to come out is how personal a lot of those who were sticking with WoW took it. A lot of my guildmates acted like we were betraying them because we were going to play a new MMO. What I think was really going on is they were ticked off that they were not going to be able to raid until they recruited more people to replace us.

That happened every single time a new MMO came out. I imagine the same thing is going on now.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Oh look at you and your insightful commentary, calling him a shill and all! Goddamn you are one useless piece of shit.
Oh look at you and your insightful reply and all. Goddamn your fucking hypocrisy will be the death of you.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Goddamn your fucking hypocrisy will be the death of you.
I have actually added something to this discussion, unlike you who took a break from his daily quests in WoW to complain about how the ESO quests were repetitive. Seriously, go back to WoW, its a great game, Im sure you love it.

Caliane

ok, clicking that link, and then the video linked there..

It says the pts, "ALL players skip the starter islands. Everyone starts at the mainland city. content around the city has been re-tuned for players 3-6."
People heren't clear on that. sounded like people were suggesting you had to do the islands once, then on alts could skip. or other options.

Is that correct then? miracle patch does take you directly to the main city after tutorial?

If 1-6 was completely retuned.
And those islands are now optional. That really does change the entire 1-10 exeriance, and much of our discussion is moot.
the question then is, no really, what the fuck were they thinking having a stress test with an old build with a nearly unplayable 1-10 experience?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Well, as long as the mainland quests give enough xp to compensate for the skipping, that will be better and certainly make it quicker for those wanting to just get to 10 for the pvp.

ok, clicking that link, and then the video linked there..

It says the pts, "ALL players skip the starter islands. Everyone starts at the mainland city. content around the city has been re-tuned for players 3-6."
People heren't clear on that. sounded like people were suggesting you had to do the islands once, then on alts could skip. or other options.

Is that correct then? miracle patch does take you directly to the main city after tutorial?
Yes, that's correct. Starter Island is skipped by default and you will end up in your faction's main city. Although you can talk to the boatmaster to go back to the starter island and do those quests if you want. And you should if for nothing else go back to get the three skyshards and a skillpoint.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I have actually added something to this discussion, unlike you who took a break from his daily quests in WoW to complain about how the ESO quests were repetitive. Seriously, go back to WoW, its a great game, Im sure you love it.
Yes keep adding to it. Your thoughts on my possible feelings towards WoW are very informative and are helping people decide whether ESO is the game for them. Funny thing is the quest thing was pulled out of context. Not that you care because you have some real contributions to make around here.

signati_sl

shitlord
One thing I noticed every time a new MMO was about to come out is how personal a lot of those who were sticking with WoW took it. A lot of my guildmates acted like we were betraying them because we were going to play a new MMO. What I think was really going on is they were ticked off that they were not going to be able to raid until they recruited more people to replace us.
What's funny about that (to me) is that I only went to level 20 in WoW because I had too much going on in the real world. For about a year, I was hardly gaming at all. Since then, every time I've thought about reactivating my account and giving it another go, I see shit like JT's drivel and change my mind. I really hope the phasing still includes filters based on age and playstyle, so certain crowds can be avoided. Hearing about that idea was one of the first things that got me excited for ESO.

I know that's a little antisocial, but meh, you can only be entertained by over the top infantile rants and random trolls for so long before you just wish that you could show them the now-grandfathers who said all the same things first back on usenet when they were still pooping their diapers.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
What's funny about that (to me) is that I only went to level 20 in WoW because I had too much going on in the real world. For about a year, I was hardly gaming at all. Since then, every time I've thought about reactivating my account and giving it another go, I see shit like JT's drivel and change my mind. I really hope the phasing still includes filters based on age and playstyle, so certain crowds can be avoided. Hearing about that idea was one of the first things that got me excited for ESO.

I know that's a little antisocial, but meh, you can only be entertained by over the top infantile rants and random trolls for so long before you just wish that you could show them the now-grandfathers who said all the same things first back on usenet when they were still pooping their diapers.
You know what, I like you. Because at least you are honest. Most people here think they are big social butterfly's that belong in a living MMO world where you are forced to group up.

You on the other hand freely admit you are an anti-social old fuck. I agree that ESO is 100% the game for you pal!

signati_sl

shitlord
All my beta time has been spent keeping raids full and teaching new players basic stuff in whispers. I'm not antisocial in general, but you do get too old to stomach general /b/tard bullshit eventually. It'll happen to you!

ESO does have a somewhat more mature crowd, so if your thing is waving an epeen and spamming "turboAmerican Inventor" at people then you wouldn't like it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
FWIW vanilla and TBC era WoW is my favorite MMO experience since I started playing MMOs the week EQ1 was launched.
What did you like best about vanilla WoW and TBC from a content perspective? Favorite dungeons and such? (Again, genuinely curious because you seem to like the PvE in this game)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ESO does have a somewhat more mature crowd, so if your thing is waving an epeen and spamming "turboAmerican Inventor" at people then you wouldn't like it.
Made me laugh. Because ESO has the exact same crowd every MMO I've played had, except maybe very early EQ(and it turned into the usual as it got more popular)