The Elder Scrolls Online

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah yeah dunno. But it was 55 exp for a kill and 986exp(some are more though, you get the base then like 400exp on top of it) for a quest just now. So it's too bad if you find a place to grind probably, just exp wise. Might even be quicker , I could probably kill 20 mobs faster then I can do most quest. But again that's just exp, you would lose out on a lot of other stuff most likely.

Conkuur_sl

shitlord
I looked for a grind spot the only thing really good I found was a boss spawn that only spawns when a new person enters area. Was like 800 but it was crowded so people kept popping it. I farmed like 40 soulshards too so free rezzez for all lol.

Still not paying for ESO though, its much more fun the original solo. This brings nothing new to the MMO genre. I would play if it was FTP though. Not paying 15 bucks a month when I can just play the real thing on my Comp already.

I got tired a paying monthly just to have a MMO to play a long time ago. There are to many indie and FTP MMO's and games than to pay a monthly anymore.

Ok not entirely true,I did have a FFXIV sub but I'm not renewing, it ends today. 6 months was plenty to find out where that game was headed.

Good Luck with ESO Cinge if you are subbing to it though. It's not horrible but not my cup of tea.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Was looking for something that toggled the xp gain from mobs. Yes you do get xp I just found out but nothing I have found to really grind on for xp.I asked about xp in zone a few weeks back and the folks told me no xp on kills so maybe they just added or 8 people were messn with me.
Welcome to the "purist" UI.

The FTC addon shows you the xp you get from killing the scrolling combat text.

Yep, plus I noticed they drop the ring you got from completing cold harbor in favor of a loot bag that is random......my mage got heavy armor and a greatsword.....woooo
Yeah what the heck was that... I just ran a Coldharbor newbie to see how much they fixed in there (they made it shorter and the boss fight has better intro). My mage got plate and a whip. Yes folks, exiting the newbie area with a weapon I could not use, armor that was not quite right, candle drippings, the makings of beer minus the recipe 24 lockpicks and a sword I did not use. Mayyyybe it could be better designed a smidge.

Rewriting history is fun.
rolleyes.png
I recall that everyone was skeptical but optimistic about Vanguard. We'd never seen massive clusterfuckery until then. Vanguard was the first game to just not really work.

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
Yeah what the heck was that... I just ran a Coldharbor newbie to see how much they fixed in there (they made it shorter and the boss fight has better intro). My mage got plate and a whip. Yes folks, exiting the newbie area with a weapon I could not use, armor that was not quite right, candle drippings, the makings of beer minus the recipe 24 lockpicks and a sword I did not use. Mayyyybe it could be better designed a smidge.
Yeah, my Mage was stuck with heavy armor and a sword until around level 5 or 6 when I could finally afford to buy a destruction staff from the weapons vendor in town. They should at least put cheap ass level 1 versions of each weapon type on the vendor if they aren't going to let you choose in the tutorial area.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
After playing ESOI have gone from near 100% buying to maybe 50/50 at best.

The pve is really lousy. Then again, I found the ES series single player games combat to be "meh" also.I greatly preferred the demon/dark souls or Dragon Age combat. To me ESO combat is seemingly neither fun nor interesting. Is it perhaps choosing a destruction mage? Does it improve with higher levels? Any suggestions for a more fun class to try out before beta ends?

Other big gripe is the bugs. For a game that is basically done with beta and about to launch amount of bugs seemed very high for newbie crap thats been played/tested a million times. Managed to get stuck in the ground twice in 30mins for instance, had quest mobs simply not spawn, and much more.

The lag/server issues were really terrible at times. It would take 1-5 mins for NPCs to show up where I went at peak playtimes, often I saw nothing but a bunch of white horses gliding along riderless in town.

Lastly it feels to much like a second rate ES single player game where lots of others play the same single player game, while occasionally interacting with you by doing a dungeon ect... For me with an mmo I want to feel like others really affect my game/the world. I want the game to be about players interactions with each other. But it seems we have been moving away from that for 15 years.

On the pro side the character building looks like it could be very interesting, yet it is impossible to tell without playing to good level. Very possible will only have a minimal number or char builds and/or everyone does everything almost equally well.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If their Eu megaserver isn't up after the first month, they'll lose a lot of customers. The Eu PvP crowd won't pay a monthly subscription to play RvR with 150ms, input delay and rubberbanding (they can do all of that for free in Guild Wars 2). This could be a huge launch failure, along with how ultra-instancing breaks quests.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
After playing ESOI have gone from near 100% buying to maybe 50/50 at best..
I'm more like 25/75. I'm probably going to cancel my preorder. I like the design, love the graphics, and I'm even ok with the shoddy combat due to the world being interesting and the content being engaging, as well as the class builds being fun. I just have no faith in their phasing technology.

If the servers are stable and the phasing tech works well, I'll nab it during the first month. I understand it works well in closed beta, but how many people are there versus release weekend?

Caliane

Ah yeah dunno. But it was 55 exp for a kill and 986exp(some are more though, you get the base then like 400exp on top of it) for a quest just now. So it's too bad if you find a place to grind probably, just exp wise. Might even be quicker , I could probably kill 20 mobs faster then I can do most quest. But again that's just exp, you would lose out on a lot of other stuff most likely.
Part of the problem with anyone doing this, it only ranks up the skills you have slotted. And the skills that farm the fastest may not be the ones you want to actually use in any real combat.

the counter is of course, when you do do quests, swap to those skills which are tough to level. Resto staff for quest turn ins or whatever.
Heavy armor for aoe grinding. light armor for quest turnins. stuff like that.

I did jump into game yesterday for a few hours. All the bitching about weapons. And those mentioning Dominion is way better, I was curious.
So I made a new character. Since I mentioned a Mage nightblade might be really good. I went with that.
First npc I killed in coldharbor dropped an ice staff. I didn't bother grabbing the chests, or anything after that, since I got what I wanted on the first kill.

Outside the tutorial is definitely FAR better now. So, now you get to the "main" city, right off the bat. Have anchors, torches, etc all ready to go and explore. A much better experience.

But still didn't feel compelled to play for more then a couple hours. got level 8 iirc? via questing. 2-3 hours of play.

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
If their Eu megaserver isn't up after the first month, they'll lose a lot of customers. The Eu PvP crowd won't pay a monthly subscription to play RvR with 150ms, input delay and rubberbanding (they can do all of that for free in Guild Wars 2). This could be a huge launch failure, along with how ultra-instancing breaks quests.
Wait, what? The EU mega server isn't in Europe at launch?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I'm more like 25/75. I'm probably going to cancel my preorder. I like the design, love the graphics, and I'm even ok with the shoddy combat due to the world being interesting and the content being engaging, as well as the class builds being fun. I just have no faith in their phasing technology.

If the servers are stable and the phasing tech works well, I'll nab it during the first month. I understand it works well in closed beta, but how many people are there versus release weekend?
After having been in the beta since early last year, I just keep scratching my head at some of the decisions that Zenimax has been making. Launch is going to be rough and as much fun as I had in AvA, I just don't feel comfortable that pre-ordering was the right decision so I've cancelled them both and will wait to see how things play out after launch.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider

Phasing was amazingly bad. it was very rare getting two phasing scenes to work correctly in a row. Once I had the "kill the assassin in temple" quest Well first couple times only 1 of the first two spawned. The whole "go to jail, break out, walk to queen quest" was a massive cluster fuck.

Megaserver is amazing for eve because of the sandbox. For a Theme Park MMRPG you get its faults w/o the nice benefits.

EDit: I am predicting a Sub numbers slope to imitate that of SWTOR or TEST alliance last summer.

Conkuur_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it's headed here next patch:
WHAT?! OMG a new primal?! New beast quests?! New Hairstyles?! Fishing?! Gardening?! Yaaaawn. This will be the normal updates from now to eternity. Plus they minimalism the older content as they create the new.

I had high hopes for ESO but they lost the main thing that made me love that game. The fact you could go anywhere anytime and find something new to do. This game is all on rails pretty much and a lot of the rails are broken leaving you to shrug and go try and find something to do.

Blackwulf

N00b
It's pretty clear that the megaserver has some kind of problem with quests requiring spawns when there are a shit load of people trying to do it at once. They changed the intro so that every noob was in the first really big zone (glenumbra, etc.) and that created a load on those quests that hadn't been tested before. Previously the starter islands had acted as something of a buffer, helping the population to spread out.

My take away? Make sure I level ahead of the zerg come early release
smile.png
Thank goodness for spring break, baby!

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
WHAT?! OMG a new primal?! New beast quests?! New Hairstyles?! Fishing?! Gardening?! Yaaaawn. This will be the normal updates from now to eternity. Plus they minimalism the older content as they create the new.
Well, if you pick out only the small stuff like you just did to make it seem that's what that huge patch is all about.. yeah, that would be a sucky patch. 9/10 mmos "minimalize the older content as they create the new". The best you can hope for out of older content these days are reworked dungeons from lower levels and some mid-ranged ones, which is what they did here along with some newer ones. Not sure what the crime is there.

But yeah, how dare an mmo that was released 8 months ago "minimalize their older content" with brand new content?
rolleyes.png
First time I saw an argument for someone wanting a company to move.. backwards.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Well, if you pick out only the small stuff like you just did to make it seem that's what that huge patch is all about.. yeah, that would be a sucky patch. 9/10 mmos "minimalize the older content as they create the new". The best you can hope for out of older content these days are reworked dungeons from lower levels and some mid-ranged ones, which is what they did here along with some newer ones. Not sure what the crime is there.

But yeah, how dare an mmo that was released 8 months ago "minimalize their older content" with brand new content?
rolleyes.png
First time I saw an argument for someone wanting a company to move.. backwards.
Which is why I have to give BW a thumbs up on the new content being created for SWTOR as of late. This is the TESO thread so I won't get into it here though.

Been reading this thread since the beta weekend started. I didn't think it was possible but apparently the experience is worse this time around than it was before? I find that a bit disturbing with just 3 weeks until release.