The Elder Scrolls Online

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh I've yet to see a mmo immune to hacks. Even those with "protection" are laughable to anyone who wants to do it.

signati_sl

shitlord
I can't come up with any reason they don't do this other than they know their mega-server cannot handle the load. As in they've accepted they are going to get fucked at launch and just are hoping once the rush load dies down it becomes playable. I can't see any other reason they wouldn't test the heavy load longer and actually try and fix other than they know they can't fix it.
It's actually related to the game's 'M' rating. Bethesda is very careful about ratings, so ZOS has to be by association. They need people to indicate their age before they allow access, but they hand out so many beta keys that the test is effectively open anyway. People can lie about their age, but ZOS can't help that.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, sort of. Hacks like what hes referring to arent really that prevalent in a lot of MMO's in my opinion. Things like Bots and scripting tools are pretty prevalent though (which is what I think you're referring to). If I can simply make my location read to the server as if Im a mile in the air, then a player or NPC cant hit me. But if I can do that, then I can also make my attacks read the exact opposite. So I can attack with impunity. Not implying you dont know that, Cinge, but just making example to others. Devastating to PVP, to say the least. Though, this is the first time Ive heard of axis hacks in ESO.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I recommend it to any MMO sluts with patience.
I would say this, but with the caveat PvPers should get it right away, there's no reason for them to wait at all. I already know where I stand on this at launch after this weekend. Lana from "Archer" says it best so I won't try.

That said, it's got 'potential' like has been said about just every mmo in the past few years. Dat P word. If you are a PvP fanatic, this should be your game and it's probably ready now (dunno, only got about two hours of it last night after hitting 10, none today). The map is huge and they will initially have tons of people in it. The key question is what will that zone look like 2-3 months from now when people realized they spent $105 to PvP, when they usually can do that for free most anywhere else on any platform/genre, or simply go back to GW2.

Going in, I read Ut's posts and Blackwulf's posts. I could see both were right about things and expected an average game. Not being a massive PvP fan, I rate the game 5/10 but that's only due to everything being so irritatingly broken and me being PvE centric. SWTOR was broken at launch too.. LOTS of broken shit. The key difference was you could select a new phase and bam!.. finish your shit. This game.. I log out, back in, broke. Logout, back in, broke... and have no idea if it's the same phase, some new phase or I'm just dreaming. If a guy was there when I logged out, then I know "oh that dude's still waiting", and relog. But most of the time you can't tell for shit. Having fanboys say "relog, it's just beta" with two weeks to go seals the deal for me. They shouldn't be defending shitthatbad, even if they are fans. Reminded me of FFXIV 1.0 and TOR all over again. Not falling for it this time though, I have other things I can spend money on right now and things I'm playing, so I can wait.

Going in, I expected average and thought:

rrr_img_62823.jpg

But after yesterday finally finishing a quest that took multiple logins/outs (about 10), I thought:

rrr_img_62824.jpg

I'll revisit maybe when it hits about $15/box. Or maybe if it hits F2P at some point. That should give them plenty of time to fix a tutorial area properly and for fanboys to come around and hold Zenimax' feet to the fire.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
don't worry the game has no anti-cheat protection and its trivial to hack data in it, so at launch (or now) you'll be able to run speed hacks, teleport hacks, Z-axis hacks to be invulnerable, and more so you can just kill stuff in god mode and not worry about everything being broken

the reality is that the pc launch is completely a beta for the console launch in summer. pay to beta, the latest innovation from zenimax
Yea I remember a program for GW2 that did many of that for the longest time

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
One thing leads me to hope for some improvement before launch: The issue isn't with a bunch of different quests but rather with the way instances are spawned and quest phases are handled. Its not a bunch of issues to fix but really only one. So we will just have to see what happens at launch. I think that the first two days of head start are going to be OK; it's after that we may start seeing some issues. Its the same kind of issue TSW saw at launch; they, too, had issues with quests not working properly in some instances, and were also using "megaserver"-type tech.

Conkuur_sl

shitlord
I pretty much came to the same conclusion Jackdaddio. I will wait until they get back to single player where I actually enjoyed this game.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
dont most mmos avoid putting cheat detections in betas? why give hackers a headstart? for example, you wont see the warden active on a blizzard beta server.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wonder how many preorders they have right now. 250k? Those people should have no problems to get to at least lvl 20/30 by the time the floodgates open on 4.4., and have a better play-experience without too many bugs because of overloaded servers and bad phasing tech.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Skyrim : The Elder Scrolls V Statistics | Statistic Brain

Skyrim sold around 490k on PC in the first 48 hours.

Skyrim doesn't have a monthly fee and also didn't launch to mixed reviews. I'm sure there are a few of us Elder Scrolls fans that normally pick up every game that is passing on this or waiting for the f2p

Regardless they'll sell a shit ton, it is Elder Scrolls and there is nothing else out right now.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Skyrim : The Elder Scrolls V Statistics | Statistic Brain

Skyrim sold around 490k on PC in the first 48 hours.

Skyrim doesn't have a monthly fee and also didn't launch to mixed reviews. I'm sure there are a few of us Elder Scrolls fans that normally pick up every game that is passing on this or waiting for the f2p

Regardless they'll sell a shit ton, it is Elder Scrolls and there is nothing else out right now.

I find it odd that only 14% of the sales were on PC considering that to get the most out of any Bethesda game you really need the mod community.

But yeah, if those figures are anything to go by this will be a HUGE hit on the XB1/PS4, which is where I will be playing it anyhow so I hope the PC crowd will iron out the bugs before I lay down in my sofa and play this
biggrin.png

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
How's playing a healer in this game? I really enjoyed medic in wildstar and healing seems to be my thing, anyone have any experience running one so far?

Vitality

HUSTLE
How's playing a healer in this game? I really enjoyed medic in wildstar and healing seems to be my thing, anyone have any experience running one so far?
Played Healing Nightblade - functions similar to Disciple of Kaine in WAR - or Bloodmage in Vanguard (Deal damage to heal nearby players) was and continues to be my favorite playstyle.

Nightblades fall off in burst healing capabilities, (atleast at lower levels) in comparison to Templars simply due to their AOE burst class abilities.

All in all, healing is noticably powerful in a group setting. Albeit a bit wonky due to it seemingly choosing random nearby players to impart your regeneration etc. Looking to see if Zeni will fix the nearby player "Smart" healing to consider group members first.

I can elaborate more on healing roles if you ask more specific questions. FWIW Medic in Wildstar was pretty bland in comparison to healing in ESO. I mean I love dubstep, so dubstepping on the medic was hilarious, however medics weren't very "Tide turning" in comparison to say a Templar Ultimate or a Group stealth/stun life drain regen ult from a nightblade healer. ESO classes feel way more powerful than what Wildstar offered.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Played Healing Nightblade - functions similar to Disciple of Kaine in WAR - or Bloodmage in Vanguard (Deal damage to heal nearby players) was and continues to be my favorite playstyle.

Nightblades fall off in burst healing capabilities, (atleast at lower levels) in comparison to Templars simply due to their AOE burst class abilities.

All in all, healing is noticably powerful in a group setting. Albeit a bit wonky due to it seemingly choosing random nearby players to impart your regeneration etc. Looking to see if Zeni will fix the nearby player "Smart" healing to consider group members first.

I can elaborate more on healing roles if you ask more specific questions. FWIW Medic in Wildstar was pretty bland in comparison to healing in ESO. I mean I love dubstep, so dubstepping on the medic was hilarious, however medics weren't very "Tide turning" in comparison to say a Templar Ultimate or a Group stealth/stun life drain regen ult from a nightblade healer. ESO classes feel way more powerful than what Wildstar offered.
Sounds intriguing, I vaguely remember DOK (didn't play WAR for that long) but I've heard a lot about how the bloodmage in particular from vanguard was awesome.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Has anyone made a skyrim mmo mod yet to put this dumb game to shame?
Let me know if they do, so I can watch people grief the crap out of it and stack a wall of bodies at the starter zone.

AFAIK all of the recent mods that have attempted for Co-Op skyrim have had stability issues/entity detection issues. At best they've just been able to see one other person slide through town in the crucifix position.