The Elder Scrolls Online

Sounds intriguing, I vaguely remember DOK (didn't play WAR for that long) but I've heard a lot about how the bloodmage in particular from vanguard was awesome.
They are awesome fun with a good PvP group and they matter. I was a DPS sorc this weekend and I am going to switch and be a templar healer with DPS backup in release just because of how fun and critical they are. Healing is mostly dots and self targetting heals with some aoe ground targetting I think. Both our templar healers said they really liked it. They complained that the heals did not smart target group members first.

Vitality

HUSTLE
They are awesome fun with a good PvP group and they matter. I was a DPS sorc this weekend and I am going to switch and be a templar healer with DPS backup in release just because of how fun and critical they are. Healing is mostly dots and self targetting heals with some aoe ground targetting I think. Both our templar healers said they really liked it. They complained that the heals did not smart target group members first.
Templar healing is Largely Burst PBAE - If they chose to use a resto staff then you can take a Frontal Cone AE Heal - Randomly targeted 2 Person Regeneration - Ground Targeted HOT. Templar instant cast heal suffers the same targeting randomness as the Resto staff Regen.

- Let's also not forget that healing in Cyrodil provides Alliance Points (Primary currency in pvp) if you heal targets who were or are damaged in combat with enemy players. The Alliance point contribution is significant, I'd estimate it at about 1000 points every 15-30 minutes (allow for variance here) if you keep Regen running on a group of zerglings.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I played a melee sorc two weekends ago, and it seemed like the build can be a strong skirmisher later on one you get stats and skills. I tried a templar this weekend and it was fun, albeit I was only level 7.

I never tried a nightblade, but I'm thinking about rolling one up at release with a healing/sustain flavor. Might even roll an Argonian one for increased healing and potions. With the racial and NB passive, you can get up to 35% potion effectiveness and 30% duration (alchemy passive).

Vitality

HUSTLE
I played a melee sorc two weekends ago, and it seemed like the build can be a strong skirmisher later on one you get stats and skills. I tried a templar this weekend and it was fun, albeit I was only level 7.

I never tried a nightblade, but I'm thinking about rolling one up at release with a healing/sustain flavor. Might even roll an Argonian one for increased healing and potions. With the racial and NB passive, you can get up to 35% potion effectiveness and 30% duration (alchemy passive).
Argonian is decent for self healing/magicka pot potency.

Breton is decent for Spell cost reduction

Khajiit is decent for 15% Crit damage multiplier (synergizes well with spell crit and Siphon healing as the HoT amount is based on 33% of the dmg you dealt with the ability.) Running magelight for the +Spell crit here is pretty much mandatory.

Altmer is decent for in combat magicka regen (basically subtracts a couple seconds on low magicka spamming regen/siphon in combat situations) I'd say it boosts low magicka heal output by 30% in this regard as at lower levels with no absorb magicka enchants on your staff or siphoning blades running it takes about 8-9 seconds to regen the magicka needed to cast another siphon/regeneration. A couple seconds here is pretty critical. ** Would like more feedback on in-combat magicka regen **

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
- Let's also not forget that healing in Cyrodil provides Alliance Points (Primary currency in pvp) if you heal targets who were or are damaged in combat with enemy players. The Alliance point contribution is significant, I'd estimate it at about 1000 points every 15-30 minutes (allow for variance here) if you keep Regen running on a group of zerglings.
Which is pretty big in favor for AE moves and AE healing. Hitting as many targets as you can to get the most points. Compared to say building a character based solely around hitting single targets. Not to mention healers can do it from hiding spots, no need to expose themselves.

I agree about the smart heals, its nice but please jesus put group members as first priority. There were times sunday when a group member is literally right in front of me with only 50% life, so I use my big heal but it veers off and heals 2 random pugs I really didn't care about while the group member literally 1 foot in front of me is still @ half health. Or maybe even make it so the person my reticule is on gets the spell no matter what.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Which is pretty big in favor for AE moves and AE healing. Hitting as many targets as you can to get the most points. Compared to say building a character based solely around hitting single targets. Not to mention healers can do it from hiding spots, no need to expose themselves.

I agree about the smart heals, its nice but please jesus put group members as first priority. There were times sunday when a group member is literally right in front of me with only 50% life, so I use my big heal but it veers off and heals 2 random pugs I really didn't care about while the group member literally 1 foot in front of me is still @ half health. Or maybe even make it so the person my reticule is on gets the spell no matter what.
This might seem obvious; I figured keeping hots up on a huge zerg would be more over-all AP income due to the fact that when you AE heal you only really hit the zerg once, where the regen/siphon HoT heals every second for 20 seconds, which gives you potential for ap gains every second for that 20 seconds per person. Idk, I might be wrong.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played a herp derp build during the last beta weekend (lvl 15-18 Nightblade with Bow / 2 handed for the stun / KB skill, stealth perks and Blue AvA gear). It's funny how you can destroy almost anyone and go away with it ninja style. Like at lvl18 with blue gear I could 2-4 shot anyone below lvl 40 who didn't max his health. This PvP is gonna be a gankers orgy.

I was thinking about playing a healer for group play but cba running around spamming the same mindless "smart" AoE spells tailing the crowd like a mad hyena while magelighting like a crazy lighthouse. Also healers will be required to farm soul gems to rez people and wear heavy armor to avoid Stealth Ninjas Of Doom. It's BSDM paradise : you're being punished for picking a role, and then getting punished again because you wanna do it right.

During beta I was using the Tamriel Foundry Combat Mod which turned TESO awful UI into something way more bearable, and by bearable I mean actually being able to figure out what the hell is going on numbers wise.

I now havetwo main concernsregarding The Elder Scrolls Online :

- the "NOOOPE NO EU SERVER DURING LAUNCH" sneaky drama where they promise Eu players some lag free, no latency heaven on US servers because some testers told them so. With this they basically tell Eu people "you're retarded, buy the game and go fuck yourself". I don't wanna play a AAA MMO release on US server just because they can't deliver. The game has localization but they're so cheap their Eu datacenter won't be ready for launch, and they're already promising people meaningful added content after launch. Smells like a massive scam.

- Ultra-instancing, ultra-phasing. It seems this multi-layered clusterfuck megaserver infrastructure fucks up some quests on an abysmal level. Whether your instance / phase won't spawn some mob / won't feature some action you're basically fucked in the nostrils, you're sentenced to wander like a forsaken soul in "instance limbo", where logging out / in to find the unbugged instance is basically like lottery on Minesweeper. Some people reached level 7 with having most of their quest journal broken / bugged. On level 7. 2 weeks before launch.

Without these major problems, TESO would have been somehow "mediocre-to-okayish" quality wise. But as a MMO launch veteran, I'm quite sure these two things will be the game's iceberg, Titanic style. Only this time we basically knew before embarking.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Elder Scrolls Online is only 3 weeks away, and now you can get $12 off the Imperial Edition or $9 off the Standard Edition with the vouchers* below! So if you still haven't got the most anticipated MMO in recent times, then now's your chance.

$12 off Imperial: CE1WXQ-2PQZSH-UDJEQS

$9 off Standard: S8JTAB-9MR960-R9PKJR
My mini beta review: The game is decent enough that I don't regret my discounted Imperial edition pre-order but even so it could use another 3 months of solid bug crushing and maybe a more week or two after that for tweaking and open beta events. I'm a little torn on what class I am going to play at launch. I like my Templar quite a bit but it seems that Templars aren't very good at soloing PvE content (anchors and up) at max level. I've seen videos of sorcerers doing this and heard rumors that Fire mage Dragonkinghts can to so I'm leaning towards one of those.

Biting Jabs stealth templar play is pretty awesome though. I expect it will be nerfed very fast.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played a herp derp build during the last beta weekend (lvl 15-18 Nightblade with Bow / 2 handed for the stun / KB skill, stealth perks and Blue AvA gear). It's funny how you can destroy almost anyone and go away with it ninja style. Like at lvl18 with blue gear I could 2-4 shot anyone below lvl 40 who didn't max his health. This PvP is gonna be a gankers orgy.

I was thinking about playing a healer for group play but cba running around spamming the same mindless "smart" AoE spells tailing the crowd like a mad hyena while magelighting like a crazy lighthouse. Also healers will be required to farm soul gems to rez people and wear heavy armor to avoid Stealth Ninjas Of Doom. It's BSDM paradise : you're being punished for picking a role, and then getting punished again because you wanna do it right.

During beta I was using the Tamriel Foundry Combat Mod which turned TESO awful UI into something way more bearable, and by bearable I mean actually being able to figure out what the hell is going on numbers wise.

I now havetwo main concernsregarding The Elder Scrolls Online :

- the "NOOOPE NO EU SERVER DURING LAUNCH" sneaky drama where they promise Eu players some lag free, no latency heaven on US servers because some testers told them so. With this they basically tell Eu people "you're retarded, buy the game and go fuck yourself". I don't wanna play a AAA MMO release on US server just because they can't deliver. The game has localization but they're so cheap their Eu datacenter won't be ready for launch, and they're already promising people meaningful added content after launch. Smells like a massive scam.

- Ultra-instancing, ultra-phasing. It seems this multi-layered clusterfuck megaserver infrastructure fucks up some quests on an abysmal level. Whether your instance / phase won't spawn some mob / won't feature some action you're basically fucked in the nostrils, you're sentenced to wander like a forsaken soul in "instance limbo", where logging out / in to find the unbugged instance is basically like lottery on Minesweeper. Some people reached level 7 with having most of their quest journal broken / bugged. On level 7. 2 weeks before launch.

Without these major problems, TESO would have been somehow "mediocre-to-okayish" quality wise. But as a MMO launch veteran, I'm quite sure these two things will be the game's iceberg, Titanic style. Only this time we basically knew before embarking.
Souls gems are pretty damn easy to get and I would assume everyone should be farming them. Two days I've found, find a torch dungeon with a fast chain spawning named and just kill it over and over(I got 40+ soul gems in about 30 minutes + lots of greens/white loot) or buy empty gems off a vendor and just go kill critters with soul ability to fill them up super fast.

Also as a healer heavy armor is a big no no imo. Lose a lot of magicka bonuses from light armor and they have plenty of abilities to boost armor/resist. Plus some classes get a lot of armor penetration(can be a shit ton if they use the Mark ability). Not sure how those abilities are calculated when it comes to buffs that increase armor. Might just debuff bases armor and anything else, armor wise, is stacked on. Not a big deal when running with groups, but I can see stealthers have field days with people running by themselves.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah pvp has a issue, because you need the level 50 ones and you can only buy them from the vendor in camp(and pretty expensive I think), until you get to those levels to get them on your own

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So Firor's post last week about promising a "polished and lag free launch experience" has me intrigued. They have some huge array of servers ready to come online instantly at launch or just going for all the box sales they can get and already ready to apologize and admit he shouldn't have said or promised such ?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dudes not going to say "We plan a bug-ridden, messy launch with fucked up phasing and soul-crushing lag"

im curious doesanyoneenjoy the (pve)combat? it seemed pretty dull to me, worse for an action game I was getting hit by strikes that missed by two feet and not getting plenty of hits where sword went right through the guy. Besides that it's not really exceptionally bad combat but it seems very much below avg to meh.

At this point I may just go buy a few plex in eve instead of this.

moontayle

Golden Squire
TERA has some good action-based combat, indeed. TESO is traditional masked through the lack of a UI and because you have to click to attack it "feels" like it's action based when it really isn't since most of your damage is done through the skills.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
TERA has some good action-based combat, indeed. TESO is traditional masked through the lack of a UI and because you have to click to attack it "feels" like it's action based when it really isn't since most of your damage is done through the skills.
I wouldn't classify TESO's combat as traditional if only because you can manually block in lieu of there being a "dodge" stat or something similar. Though it certainly isn't as "action oriented" (I feel like this is a poor descriptor but an alternative escapes me) as TERA or even GW2.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Feels closer to GW2 I think. Positioning is pretty much everything in TERA, and some classes like Lancer take some extra work to make sure uptime on a mob is 100%. I never felt that challenged with TESO but obviously I didn't get that far.

Dudes not going to say "We plan a bug-ridden, messy launch with fucked up phasing and soul-crushing lag"

im curious doesanyoneenjoy the (pve)combat? it seemed pretty dull to me, worse for an action game I was getting hit by strikes that missed by two feet and not getting plenty of hits where sword went right through the guy. Besides that it's not really exceptionally bad combat but it seems very much below avg to meh.

At this point I may just go buy a few plex in eve instead of this.
I like MMOs and prefer action combat so I'd step up and say I liked the combat. It's certainly not as good as GW2 which I play a lot. However, they have made some improvements and it's not as bad as it was. It's a lot better than WoW or any non action game. The animations of spells is pretty nice. Overall, one probably doesn't play an MMO for the way combat feels.