The Elder Scrolls Online

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That when you wake up on your off day or something?
Haha no. I'll probably play it on Tuesday evening when it's unsuable again. I just think that it'll take a couple days for ZOS to unfuck whatever problem they have they don't know about yet.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Haha no. I'll probably play it on Tuesday evening when it's unsuable again. I just think that it'll take a couple days for ZOS to unfuck whatever problem they have they don't know about yet.
This is kind of why I'm on the fence about my preorder.

I'm sure some PTS people have some wonderful surprises they didn't bother to tell ZOS about. Incoming rollback due to Bob the Barbarian having 2 billion gold spread across the Megaserver due to the Shared Bank split sales exploit.

Menion_sl

shitlord
PTS Source - Elder Scrolls Online

rrr_img_63405.png

If you plan to get in on this, you may want to do it sooner rather than later knowing the above info.
Ya, I was a little surpirised when she answered my question with that 4 level group range thing. That is the first time I have ever heard about that.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it would be nice to tell that to the players though its an understandable mechanic to have in game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I hate those mechanics in game. Being able to downlevel should be a mandatory feature.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate those mechanics in game. Being able to downlevel should be a mandatory feature.
it is odd that they have mechanics to scale you up to level 50 in pvp but not scale down outside of it or at the very least inside instanced group dungeons. queue ut.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
FYI the combat log addon will still work but its been gutted of one of its biggest tools: the breakdown of damage by everyone in the group on the target. Now you only get your damage information.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
FYI: If you're planning on joining us for TESO please get it done this week. Once release hits our integration process will slow waay down because we'll be ingame most of the time, and it'll be annoying to get set up with us.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm expecting it to be unusable until 5am EST on Tuesday.
I'm expecting the majority of people hammering the login server on Sunday while a handful of elite, selected by God people will be able to play the game and will macro their AFK times to avoid the login lottery boogaloo. I'm also expecting a lot of gold duping, powerleveling and other exploits called "clever use of games mechanics" by offenders. Then ban waves will happen, most bans being shortened afterwards because "they didn't mean it".

Anyway, since Cyrodiil will be the main endgame content at launch, how do you fine gentleman and outcast mongrels plan to build your OP, PvP focused, elite characters ? I'm planning to play a superninja permastealth Nightblade Archer because I think invis is king in RvR style PvP and fuck keep sieges let's gank people on white horses with -50% health bar on opening. How about you ?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I actually haven't chosen my class yet. I might do stealth for the first time in my MMO life.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Exactly. They want to prevent the "group with higher level second account, /follow, gain xp".
Have to try and protect that subscription reevenue as long as they can, because they know damn well after 2 weeks no one in their right mind is going to make an Alt and powerlevel it. Which has become a great business model for WoW. I am now leveling my Shaman through dungeon running only with a buddy of mine and flying through.

The people behind these decisions are firmly planted in 1998 and completely clueless about their current market.