The Elder Scrolls Online

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah pretty much everyone is shitting on this and TBH I'm not really expecting anything much. These days I just realize that until another sandbox MMO comes through its just going to be about squeezing what ever time you get out of these disney world style games and throw it away until something else comes out.

One day we'll get a game that people can actually play for years, feel attachment to a character, world and lore and not simply ride the rail until max level (that lately usually takes all of a day or two played).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You know, every major release has gone through the "This is going to be fucking awesome" at some point with at least a significant crowd saying that, but this one seems to be universally derided before it even touches down. Watch it be fucking badass. (signed up and it will probably suck)
To be fair the community was extremely excited for this when it was announced and summarily denounced it when they started releasing info about it (Especially screenshots that made it look completely unlike ES games).

Jx3

Riddle me this...
No, I plan on going into this game with a shitty attitude and all hope crushed. The game can only go up from there. I learned what hope and happiness gets you, its called EQ2 and Vanguard.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
SWTOR and GW2 are games that remind you to never get fucking excited for ANYTHING.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
What the hell is a 'Social Agent'?
rrr_img_10367.jpg

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'd wager at least 3 years but it seemed to come out of nowhere for a 2013 release.

Chick is cute. I imagine she's trying to stoke the fires of nostalgia with tes fans.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Signed up and not entirely too excited for it, but what the hell, who knows, it could end up crazy awesome.

All signs point to no, but we shall see how it plays.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Signed up and not entirely too excited for it, but what the hell, who knows, it could end up crazy awesome.

All signs point to no, but we shall see how it plays.
That's me.... I don't get into too much hype anymore but I don't completely discount anything either... We'll see. Heck, I have nothing to lose. I play LoL and 2K13. My horizon looks like more LoL, SimCity, and FFXIV. I don't think it will hurt to give a game a chance.

Meatus_sl

shitlord
Since I haven't seen any yet on one of these pages...

Daedroth battle:
fda6853b84552cff9f.jpg

Mournhold:
95fc73f925d4cb3b76.jpg

Bleakrock Nord
61e602b3bcc6c7fc62.jpg

Durzog:
1530c77c184f628366.jpg

Dewmer Sphere:
c945bf0abbca4bcb4c.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That nordic picture or whatever looks uninspired and amateur compared to Skyrim.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think they should release it for about a year, close it down, and then reopen it 6 months later. The game just seems so uninspired to have the lineage that it does... I would say people are going to draw a lot of comparisons to SWTOR due to the console love being ported to MMO. Its going to be a tough sell for them and it isn't even all their fault but that's just business and people.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
"By far the worst experience of any online game is at it's launch when your trying to find your friends. You can't find people. You create a character on one shard, and then you find out everyone else is on another shard"

The fuck? That's the worst experience you've had in gaming?

Side Note: Which big name star do you think they'll hire to tell thousands of people at the starting zone that they're the chosen one?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I think they should release it for about a year, close it down, and then reopen it 6 months later. The game just seems so uninspired to have the lineage that it does... I would say people are going to draw a lot of comparisons to SWTOR due to the console love being ported to MMO. Its going to be a tough sell for them and it isn't even all their fault but that's just business and people.
How can you call it uninspired when all we know is that it's going to be an action oriented MMO with restricted hotbar skill combat, with 3 factions. It got the SWTOR comparison because they mentioned Hero Engine when they went public.

I think they will sell a shit load of boxes as long as the game feels polished. Whether or not the game is sticky is another question.