The Elder Scrolls Online

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Think I'm late to the party, but did Laura really say Guild Wars 2 had no story or lore? I don't get it.

Also, what is an "Ogrin"? I don't recall seeing that in a previous Elder Scrolls game, but it has been quite a while for some of them.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
They were in Morrowind. One of the loading screens in Morrowind had concept art of them and it looks like TESO has modeled it from that art.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Thank god they eased my anxiety. I wasn't going to buy the game unless such a vital part of the lore was apart of it.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
You'd be horrible too if you went up against a camp of bandits with arm spans three times their height.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Interesting to see that the stealth system looks exactly like the Skyrim one.. Same controls and conversation options too. Graphics look bad.. those environments simply do not look like they belong in TES to me. That little Dwemer themed room at the end looked laughably bad.. Are there even supposed to be Dwemer ruins in a tiny island between Hammerfell & Summerset?

Looks like the combat difficulty is pretty hard at the moment, at level 1 he was having fairly long fights against level 2 mobs, and fighting 2 level 2s at once killed him in a couple of seconds.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I think the character models looked ok. The graphics too. I can't tell of the game was clunky or the guy making the video being jerky. Lets be honest, we've seen MUCH worse than that!

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The guy playing it was jerking the camera around a lot. I get the feeling he hadn't played the game before and was working out what to do as he went along. He intentionally opened every menu and every skill list and every map option etc to show it all in the video which was pretty cool.

I've been playing skyrim for the last week and so the graphics are very fresh in my memory. Compared to the dwemer ruins in skyrim the one in this video looks like arse. It's probably unrealistic for an MMO to have graphics as good as a single player game but there's a pretty big gulf between them.

But if you compare the graphics quality to swtor then it's fine I guess. Graphics don't really matter much to me, I just noticed it straight away due to my recent skyrim-related activites.

I laughed when I saw the author's comment on the video.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I don't mind the graphics, they're pretty standard MMO fare, I'm much more worried about the copy-paste gameplay.

Also PvP is going to suck hardcore with that targeting system. Melee will literally run rings around ranged characters. I'm calling it now, $50 says casters suck ass and PvP is dominated by stealth zergs.

Loving all the 'hurrrr it's just beta guyz!!!!!!' comments on youtube.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I really wish I could try playing an MMO with a ping of say 20-50ms. I wonder just how much of a difference it really is.