The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Not fully, but I'm playing around with it some. I only have 2 skill points in it, mainly for Wall of Elements. So far I have skill points in Dual Wield, Destro, and Bow. I love swapping weapons out and guild abilities as it keeps things fresh.

The more I play, the more I really like the class/skill design. It and the graphics are the high points of the game, since I haven't done a ton of PVP yet.
Are you in AD? If so what is your characters name?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
So, in fairness to ZOS, as it turns out, something in the Comcast infrastructure has totally grudge-pounded my upload speeds; still 60Mbps down, ranging from 3 Mbps down to 300Kps up, down from 12Mbps normally. When I started bitching about crashes, I am betting that is the main culprit. Hopefully the premises tech tomorrow can find where whatever is shitting up my signal is, and I can spend the weekend slowly working through questville.

Fake edit: It looks like they found the issue in their infrastructure and remediated it overnight. Hurray!
For the people who are having major technical problems with the game, I wonder how much of that, if any, can be attributed to their ISP? I have ATT Uverse and I haven't had technical problems with any MMO in years.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
So, in fairness to ZOS, as it turns out, something in the Comcast infrastructure has totally grudge-pounded my upload speeds; still 60Mbps down, ranging from 3 Mbps down to 300Kps up, down from 12Mbps normally. When I started bitching about crashes, I am betting that is the main culprit. Hopefully the premises tech tomorrow can find where whatever is shitting up my signal is, and I can spend the weekend slowly working through questville.

Fake edit: It looks like they found the issue in their infrastructure and remediated it overnight. Hurray!
Good to hear(read) this, man. Nothing worse than wanting to play and getting constant crashes.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm a Sorcerer in AD. Name is Rondel.

I have yet to have a single crash. I have had a very few lag hiccups, but most of the time things have been smooth.
I haven't had a single crash either, despite long play times. I've had one rollback, but also wasted probably 12 hours played time on bugged quests :p

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
I missed most of the downtime while at work this week. My experience has been quite stable and not a single rollback.
This weekend will be telling so I reserve judgement.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Being Charged 14.99 Up front Beforre 30 Days??? - General Discussion - Elder Scrolls Online Forums at MMORPG.com

mmorpg.com to the rescue and explain it.

You're fucking crazy, Abe. It's just an auth charge.
tongue.png
Everyone in the thread is yelling at the guy who posted they charged his AMEX saying HE'S the dumbass for not knowing this is normal.

Mike B- "As many others have stated and linked to, it's an auth charge."

So much drama with this game right now, and I thought the TOR launch was funny.

Rollbacks are 'semi'-normal. I've seen them in several launches and even afterwards. Never been charged upfront though, ever. Not even for a clear playing any mmo.
It's not normal to do the full amount.

Vitality

HUSTLE
What website is the one the go for builds right now,and guides? or are people just using the official forums?
I legitimately have no idea what you just said.

Official forums are lame

Games barely been out, so there's no esopro or anything for structured builds and guides yet.

You can dink around at esobuild.com - fairly decent builder.

Tamriel foundry could be a good spot to look for some basic build ideas.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
TF is really terrible for class forums right now. Game mechanics has a few gems in it from a few people. Everyone is posting their idea of a "cool build" wihch is shit built around a theme without any testing.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
TF is really terrible for class forums right now. Game mechanics has a few gems in it from a few people. Everyone is posting their idea of a "cool build" wihch is shit built around a theme without any testing.
Got any suggestions or are they all pretty shit?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Got any suggestions or are they all pretty shit?
I mean, join PRX and any issues with hashing out the subtleties between builds, classes, races, leveling methods are pretty readily handled as an active effort by those that have done the testing. #prxsale

If you're inclined not to, you can pm me questions or ask them on these forums and I can do my best to hash them out. Of course these forums only command a secondary portion of my attention.

Other than that, you'll be hardpressed to find better more current info regarding more advanced topics about this game. Most people on all the public sites are pretty awful at this game.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
If they're using ANY modern payment provider there are API calls they can do to validate cards that charge zero dollars. Using these methods even costs Zenimax $0 dollars!

Insane, but completely expected. Babby's first MMO launch and all. Repeating the same problems we saw in Meridian 59 and UO two decades later.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I just look for the posters who I know were on PTS. They tend to have the threads with several pages of discussion.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is me except I'm pretty sure my bow templar would be shit so i don't post it there. Still it's a blast leveling it. Aoe morph reflective light (with snare!) plus scorched earth arrows and biting jabs for melee just wrecks groups. Magnum shot for kiting hard stuff after jabbing it and I'm thinking of going resto for weapon swap because healing has actually been kind of fun when I tried it with resto staff. Although templar with resto staff and a stamina specialization when I have an actual resto tree has to be the most inefficient and unorganized build anyone has made.

Fun though.